World Championships 2021 in America

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
That's Thanksgiving weekend, and you know what that means - Joola Teams in DC! Seriously I doubt many east coast players will go. Or anybody who celebrates Thanksgiving with their family. All the TT players who live in Houston will probably go though. How many is that? baal will know.

• Wow
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Even if TT is considered a minor sport in the US, it's politically speaking a brilliant move in their "cold war" against China: bringing the chinese national sport to the US, and showing the world the US have the best vaccines strategy and can organize any kind of world event in sport.

By the way, if you want to know what country would really achieve an efficient vaccines strategy, how about Israel ? the UK ?
Israel: impossible since it would probably be too much controversial...
UK: since some europeans countries are still dealing with lockdowns issues, impossible too, but is it really fair ?

Reactions: GrayGhost
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
I was really hoping to go, but with COVID and the specific time (peak travel time, crowded transportation, hotel). I am probably going to pass. :(

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Just so everyone is on the same page, the 2 bids for WTTC 2021 and WTTC 2022 were submitted in 2019 with the 50th anniversary of Ping Pong Diplomacy in mind. That's why the ITTF wants it to go ahead no matter what. The ITTF was founded by a Communist activist, and became the first international sports federation to recognize the status of PRC. It has absolutely no incentive to sour China-US relations.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202104/1220664.shtml
History is always remembered

Lately, Chinese media outlets have run a number of articles with interviews with people concerned and witnesses to the ping-pong diplomacy, calling for the need for the two countries to draw wisdom from historic experiences.
USA Table Tennis (USATT), a non-profit governing body for table tennis in the US, shared the AP article on its Twitter account on World Table Tennis Day of April 6, and wrote, "In the spirit of Ping Pong Diplomacy, we invite you to take the time to remember that table tennis brings people closer together through community and sports."

Voting for Morocco and US for the host of WTTC 2021 about to begin.

Then China, Japan, and Portugal for WTTC 2022.

CTTA and USATT are actually working in collaboration here. China supports US for WTTC 2021 and US supports China for WTTC 2022.

AN6QRSx.jpg

rYyEw07.jpg

Eo43gHp.jpg

I chuckled when Lily said "...seen exponential growth for table tennis in the US..."

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Ahhh.. pingpong policy! It unfortunately released a beast that is now too difficult to tame.

and according to trump it was china who deliberately released the covid19 to the world . Now here is a real dragon.

[h2] [/h2]Situation by Country,
us.png
United States of America total cases reported 30,949,496Cases - newly reported in last 24 hour 60730

why can anybody believe that it is finished and under control ??????????????????

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I bought tickets for the event, even if the list of players who are gonna attend is not clear yet..
Does anyone know something more?

So far that's what I know :

China
Fan Zhendong, Cheng Meng Liang Jingkun (hopefully Ma Long will be there too)

Germany
Timo Boll, Dima, Patrick Franziska, Ruwen Filus

Japan
Harimoto, Koki Niwa, Mima Ito, Kasumi Ishikawua etc

USA
Pretty sure Kanak Jhan &Co will be there

Don't know anything about France, Portugal, UK, Korea etc..
Hopefully all the big names will show up, but it sucks not knowing much a month before such a big event..

Last edited:
Reactions: SFF_lib
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Filius isn't in the team for Germany, Dang Qiu (German born but Chinese parents penhold player) got the last spot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
So are the ITTF going to ruin these World Championship with the side angle as well like they've ruined all the recent matches?