Multi-color Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Multi-color balls
Few months ago I saw Stiga one star multi color balls in some department store while visiting Canada & USA (Don't remember which store) .
See attachment.
I wondered if these are legal ? This says on star ball. So I thought one star was best. But someone told me in my other question about seamless balls that 3 star was the best . So I am not sure.

There was rumor that ITTF was considering requiring all balls to be like soccer balls with two colors orange & black or orange and white or yellow & white so that players can read spin better. Is this happening ?
I am now not sure as to even what color balls are legal because I heard you can have any color rubber starting October 21, 2021. Won't this cause confusion ?

They used to have only yellow, orange & white balls . Are they available now in all these colors from new 40 ball ?
Which one should I buy ?

I don't play in league or clubs but always wondered how they choose which color to use for a league or tournament ? Is this only one color ? What if I prefer yellow ball and my opponent prefers orange ? Who decides ?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Multi-color balls
Few months ago I saw Stiga one star multi color balls in some department store while visiting Canada & USA (Don't remember which store) .
See attachment.
I wondered if these are legal ? This says on star ball. So I thought one star was best. But someone told me in my other question about seamless balls that 3 star was the best . So I am not sure.

There was rumor that ITTF was considering requiring all balls to be like soccer balls with two colors orange & black or orange and white or yellow & white so that players can read spin better. Is this happening ?
I am now not sure as to even what color balls are legal because I heard you can have any color rubber starting October 21, 2021. Won't this cause confusion ?

They used to have only yellow, orange & white balls . Are they available now in all these colors from new 40 ball ?
Which one should I buy ?

I don't play in league or clubs but always wondered how they choose which color to use for a league or tournament ? Is this only one color ? What if I prefer yellow ball and my opponent prefers orange ? Who decides ?

good question, especially the one about who makes the decision orange or white. 😂

Been in that very situation too.

As far as "legality" is concerned, my latest info is that white AND orange balls are

allowed, by which the color orange is likely determined by a fixed frequency in the

color spectrum.

p.s. I use white/orange balls at home in my robot and also to check the quality of spin

in my serves (Rather non-quality actually)

I have also painted half of some orange balls black, now i can really see the spin.

These balls also went down real well when i took them to the club training

...................NOT 😄

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
New ITTF approved ball proposition just arrived in yogi's email box:
Oh sh... sorry I forgot I wasn't a VB player anymore; And the FIVB did it on purpose too for marketing: the old fashioned all white ball wasn't cool anymore you know... showing the ball spin on TV with the famous Mikasa yellow+blue balls is a must have 🤣 they've made unpredictable ball's trajectories possible with stupid lightweight balls seamed like garbage, exactly like in football/soccer.

Reactions: thomas.pong
If you ask me choose a white one, however according to theory an orange one could be more visible, but that’s only if the background is blue or white, that’s why life jackets are orange.

I always ask for a white ball if another is presented.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Music&Ping;343813 said:

balls seamed like garbage,
I don't think table tennis balls are seamed like that when they look like soccer balls, since in table tennis they do it with coloring not with seams. So the volleyball analogy may be wrong (Maybe in beach table-tennis HAHA)

Music&Ping;343813 said:
Oh sh... sorry I forgot I wasn't a VB player anymore; And the FIVB did it on purpose too for marketing: the old fashioned all white ball wasn't cool anymore you know... showing the ball spin on TV with the famous Mikasa yellow+blue balls is a must have 🤣 they've made unpredictable ball's trajectories possible with stupid lightweight balls seamed like garbage, exactly like in football/soccer.
who??? me????????