VIS or Timo Boll ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Can you help me choose which blade to get and which rubbers to use?

I like spinning on forehand and hitting flat drives with my backhand.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

Any chance that you could give us some more info about yourself? How long have you been playing? What sort of level do you ply at? That sort of thing, maybe even some footage of you playing.
What is your current set up?
This will give the forum a better idea of what to recommend.

Regarding the Viscaria and Timo Boll ALC there are quite a few reviews of these blades on the equipment section of the forum, so take a look at these.

The Butterfly catalogue lists both blades as having the same properties along with the Zhang Jike ALC,
So the differences are likely to be pretty subtle.
So one way to look at things is your paying extra for the name and a different handle in the case of the TB ALC & ZJ ALC !!!
Just for that reason, the Viscaria is better value for your bucks!!

For even better value, there are plenty of Viscaria clones out there as well !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Long time Viscaria user. The Boll has a thinner handle and it's a little head heavier. Typically feels a little harder, but this varies from blade to blade. They're close enough that I'd recommend just choosing the handle you prefer. Almost any rubber works fine on these blades.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
If you're trying to choose between a Viscaria and a TB ALC the only thing that really matters is how it feels in your hand. The handles are a little bit different. The only way you're going to be able to tell which you prefer is by actually holding the blades. Perhaps people at a club where you play have these blades so you can check out how it feels. Personally I prefer the Viscaria but everybody's a little bit different . Beyond the handles, in terms of their playing characteristics that are essentially interchangeable. I know this because I've had a bunch of both kinds of blades -- actually too many! Now I'm not saying they're absolutely identical; for one thing they do something to the top surface of the TB ALC which makes it a little bit more shiny and possibly just a little bit harder. However whatever differences there are between these blades will disappear with about a week of playing with either one or the other. In other words you're going to accommodate whatever small differences there are by just practicing with the blade. Effectively they're built for the same kind of player

Last edited: