Which rubbers for stiga offensive classic?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Hi!
I have started playing stiga offensive classic, because I hoped that this at some point could improve my skills. I used to play with butterfly primorac off- with tenergy 05FX and after just 2 weeks of training I noticed a lot of progress. I could more often keep the ball on the table and I had quality in my topspin shots. It's worth to mention that this blade was a bit crack at the handle. It may seems so strange but I think I had a lot of control. I think the parameters have changed to ALL+. It was very flexible and soft. But unfortunately the condition of primorac day after day became bad and had to be repaired
When I started playing it again, the parameters changed a lot, it became very stiff. After this I started playing Petr Korbel also with tenergy 05FX. I didn't feel control I think It was to fast for me and my skills that I was working on deteriorated again.
Now I am playing stiga offenisve classic with tenergy05 with one layer of boost. I think this set of rubbers and blade doesn't forgive mistakes. It's really fast and very hard. I have to make really fast move. In exercises it's possible but when I play matches it's become so tough, I think I'm not at this level and blade need to help me a little bit. Can you help me in choosing rubbers for stiga? Or do you now any blades which are all+/off-or similar to primorac, I mean soft and flexible?
I would like to add that I'm training about 25h a week

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Actually this setup is pretty flexible, Stiga OC is a blade is that off- by today’s standards and not that demanding.

If you have Problems with that setup then the rubber should be softer, try going for something like Hexer Duro, Vega Intro, Nittaku Factive. Those are all medium hard but quite a bit easier to play with than your Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hi!
I have started playing stiga offensive classic, because I hoped that this at some point could improve my skills. I used to play with butterfly primorac off- with tenergy 05FX and after just 2 weeks of training I noticed a lot of progress. I could more often keep the ball on the table and I had quality in my topspin shots. It's worth to mention that this blade was a bit crack at the handle. It may seems so strange but I think I had a lot of control. I think the parameters have changed to ALL+. It was very flexible and soft. But unfortunately the condition of primorac day after day became bad and had to be repaired
When I started playing it again, the parameters changed a lot, it became very stiff. After this I started playing Petr Korbel also with tenergy 05FX. I didn't feel control I think It was to fast for me and my skills that I was working on deteriorated again.
Now I am playing stiga offenisve classic with tenergy05 with one layer of boost. I think this set of rubbers and blade doesn't forgive mistakes. It's really fast and very hard. I have to make really fast move. In exercises it's possible but when I play matches it's become so tough, I think I'm not at this level and blade need to help me a little bit. Can you help me in choosing rubbers for stiga? Or do you now any blades which are all+/off-or similar to primorac, I mean soft and flexible?
I'm not a guru, but you should to stop tuning your rubber, then will be easier play with it.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: wheelbuilder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I'm not a guru, but you should to stop tuning your rubber, then will be easier play with it.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk
I agree with this, and since none of the more experienced equipment members have responded yet, it seems counterproductive to boost spring-sponge type rubbers to me? Good luck, and looking forward to more decisive answers!

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I started playing table tennis one year ago at 38 years of age. Never played any racket sport before. After some weeks, I bought Stiga Offensive Classic. Signed up for a club. I play around 10 hours per week. The shop glued Yasaka Rigan rubbers on it. My backhand drive developed fast, but, seeing as I am an athletic and tall adult, I figured that I didnt need all this soft rubber bounce on forehand. Tried playing with DHS Hurricane 3 Neo on forehand to see if it would help. It was a lot of fun in the start because I could do a forehand full swing at the ball and still have some control. I didnt know how to properly loop here ... it was really hard to learn with H3 Neo. Gave up on H3 Neo after 4 months and figured that the merging of these two rubbers I had tried using would be best. I bought a Rakza Z for forehand and absolutely loved it. My forehand loop started to get better and I am now a forehand dominant player. All this time I have been playing with Yasaka Rigan on backhand, either 2.0 or max. Its is good for punching and hitting the ball. Blocking smashes is also really good and I can place my backhand serve short with lots of deceptive spin. The problem is backhand loop and counterlooping far from the table. Yasaka Rigan on Stiga Offensive Classic bottoms out in high energy rally far from the table -- it does not grip the ball long enough for me to control it. I am looking to switch my backhand rubber now and have thought about Rakza 7, Stiga Mantra M, Nittaku Factive, Yasaka Mark V and Yasaka Rakza Z.

I dont want to change the blade because I believe changing blades often will stunt your development.

I worry that Stiga Mantra M (or DNA M) and Yasaka Rakza 7 may be too quick for me to handle.

So far, I have concluded that I will try Yasaka Mark V because I had such a pleasant experience with slowing things down with Rakza Z on forehand. People say that this rubber can do all the things other rubbers can do, only it does not have this bounce that everyone wants nowadays. I like the idea of less bounce because I have plenty muscles for speed anyway, and the Stiga Offensive Classic has a hard koto outer layer that creates a bounce effect anyway. I just hope that Mark V will be able to grip the ball in hard counter topspins.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I started playing table tennis one year ago at 38 years of age. Never played any racket sport before. After some weeks, I bought Stiga Offensive Classic. Signed up for a club. I play around 10 hours per week. The shop glued Yasaka Rigan rubbers on it. My backhand drive developed fast, but, seeing as I am an athletic and tall adult, I figured that I didnt need all this soft rubber bounce on forehand. Tried playing with DHS Hurricane 3 Neo on forehand to see if it would help. It was a lot of fun in the start because I could do a forehand full swing at the ball and still have some control. I didnt know how to properly loop here ... it was really hard to learn with H3 Neo. Gave up on H3 Neo after 4 months and figured that the merging of these two rubbers I had tried using would be best. I bought a Rakza Z for forehand and absolutely loved it. My forehand loop started to get better and I am now a forehand dominant player. All this time I have been playing with Yasaka Rigan on backhand, either 2.0 or max. Its is good for punching and hitting the ball. Blocking smashes is also really good and I can place my backhand serve short with lots of deceptive spin. The problem is backhand loop and counterlooping far from the table. Yasaka Rigan on Stiga Offensive Classic bottoms out in high energy rally far from the table -- it does not grip the ball long enough for me to control it. I am looking to switch my backhand rubber now and have thought about Rakza 7, Stiga Mantra M, Nittaku Factive, Yasaka Mark V and Yasaka Rakza Z.

I dont want to change the blade because I believe changing blades often will stunt your development.

I worry that Stiga Mantra M (or DNA M) and Yasaka Rakza 7 may be too quick for me to handle.

So far, I have concluded that I will try Yasaka Mark V because I had such a pleasant experience with slowing things down with Rakza Z on forehand. People say that this rubber can do all the things other rubbers can do, only it does not have this bounce that everyone wants nowadays. I like the idea of less bounce because I have plenty muscles for speed anyway, and the Stiga Offensive Classic has a hard koto outer layer that creates a bounce effect anyway. I just hope that Mark V will be able to grip the ball in hard counter topspins.
"and the Stiga Offensive Classic has a hard koto outer layer that creates a bounce effect anyway."

Stiga Offensive Classic is: Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba so the outer ply is Limba (soft) unless you have an Offensive classic that was made in the 1990s. Those are pretty rare these days. :)

But the blade is a good one so stick with it.

No harm in experimenting with the rubber. Mark V may be fine for your BH.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hearing what this blade is, upsidedowncarl would KNOW i would be quick to recommend Stiga EARTHQUAKE 2.0 for that sucka...

... but since we are keeping it real, maybe a more modern dynamic soft sponged rubber would work out. Tibhar FX-D is one seriously juicy soft sponged rubber that right out of the box does what T05FX does at half the cost and an even better top end. You can really crack it, really counter it, and really spin it with this one.

if you do not get that one, get one in the category... modern dynamic soft sponged offensive rubber. A developing player can learn topspin on BH with that class of rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hi!
I have the same Offensive Classic which I do not use very often. I believe it plays well with medium hardness rubbers from brands such as: Joola, Donic, Stiga, Xiom, Andro, Yasaka and Nittaku. Another option would be more affordable Chinese brands, Yinhee Moon, Sanwei Target, T-88, etc.