Which rubbers for stiga offensive classic?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Hi!
I have started playing stiga offensive classic, because I hoped that this at some point could improve my skills. I used to play with butterfly primorac off- with tenergy 05FX and after just 2 weeks of training I noticed a lot of progress. I could more often keep the ball on the table and I had quality in my topspin shots. It's worth to mention that this blade was a bit crack at the handle. It may seems so strange but I think I had a lot of control. I think the parameters have changed to ALL+. It was very flexible and soft. But unfortunately the condition of primorac day after day became bad and had to be repaired
When I started playing it again, the parameters changed a lot, it became very stiff. After this I started playing Petr Korbel also with tenergy 05FX. I didn't feel control I think It was to fast for me and my skills that I was working on deteriorated again.
Now I am playing stiga offenisve classic with tenergy05 with one layer of boost. I think this set of rubbers and blade doesn't forgive mistakes. It's really fast and very hard. I have to make really fast move. In exercises it's possible but when I play matches it's become so tough, I think I'm not at this level and blade need to help me a little bit. Can you help me in choosing rubbers for stiga? Or do you now any blades which are all+/off-or similar to primorac, I mean soft and flexible?
I would like to add that I'm training about 25h a week

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

After playing with a damaged blade, especially if the handle was partially cracked across the handle, including the ply part, then any undamaged blade is going to feel stiffer in comparison.
Adding to the hard feel is the T05, which is harder than the T05fx.
The SOC isn’t a really fast blade and has some flex, so it my be better to consider using some softer friendlier rubbers.

How long have you been playing TT? Any videos of yourself playing? These would help see your level and style etc.

You’re training a lot of hours, but say that when you play matches more mistakes are made.

Can you tell us some more about the type of training please, are there any ‘irregular’ routines where the feeder puts the ball where they want to and you return to a set position?? This can help with match play simulation as you have to read and move, rather than just move because you know where the ball is going to be returned to. Do you play matches as part of the training??

As far as rubbers are concerned,

BTY - Rozena, or Roundell, Joola - R43, Tibhar - FXS, Aurus Select or Soft, Xiom - Vega Euro DF, Yasaka - Mark V HPS, Rakza 7 or 7 soft.

another good BTY All+ blade is the Grubba. But there’s loads of good ones by other manufacturers as well !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
https://ttgearlab.com/2017/10/16/classic-5-ply-wood-blades-comparison/

Look here at Fig.02. You may have liked Primorac because of it's "deep hold". The SOC is slower, but doesn't have such hold, you may say it gives a kick a bit. The Korbel is not so much faster than Primorac. If you still have it, you may try it with not-so-catapulty (like T05) rubber, which I think may be the 2nd problem. You may try some of those recommended by IB66. Or Yasaka Rising Dragon, or H3Neo H37 :) In short, I'd rather put slower rubber on Korbel...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
To me it seems you have experienced what Donic Senso handle users usually feel: hollow handles transfer more informations to the hand, that's why they think it brings more control. Maybe a Donic Waldner Diablo Senso could be the right answer. I've used it for years, still in my arsenal today. It's now more in the ALL+ zone than it was before, due to the new plastic ball: I was feeling better in the receives/short game, but I was at the same time feeling that too much vibrations/informations annoying me, and needed some more stiffness. That's why I switched to a Viscaria recently.

The Waldner Diablo Senso has a large sweetspot due to glassfiber layers, bear in mind that glassfiber does not react as carbon, this blade has really got some awesome flex and does not feel stiff.

I've started using it coming from Stiga blades too (Clipper mostly), in the speed glue era + 38mm cell balls. And yes indeed it felt way less stiff than using a Clipper wood or an Offensive Classic I've been using in the mid 90's for a year or so after my Clippers. It was ideal with speed glue and 2.0 mm Donic Vario rubbers, so maybe with boosting your T05fx that would be good.

We're all different from each other, if your "brain" is wired so that you feel more control coming from something hollow in the handle, then maybe using hollow handle blades might be the right answer, and then keep on using the same rubbers to have a good starting point of comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
I have used the Stiga OC CR for many years with Joola Tango which suited it well. Unfortunately it's no longer available and I went with Barracuda on BH and Butterfly Rozena FH. This has been a good combo for the OC blade for me so it might suit. I have recently upgraded to the Donic Appelgren blade which I find much nicer than the OC.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi!
I have started playing stiga offensive classic, because I hoped that this at some point could improve my skills. I used to play with butterfly primorac off- with tenergy 05FX and after just 2 weeks of training I noticed a lot of progress. I could more often keep the ball on the table and I had quality in my topspin shots. It's worth to mention that this blade was a bit crack at the handle. It may seems so strange but I think I had a lot of control. I think the parameters have changed to ALL+. It was very flexible and soft. But unfortunately the condition of primorac day after day became bad and had to be repaired
When I started playing it again, the parameters changed a lot, it became very stiff. After this I started playing Petr Korbel also with tenergy 05FX. I didn't feel control I think It was to fast for me and my skills that I was working on deteriorated again.
Now I am playing stiga offenisve classic with tenergy05 with one layer of boost. I think this set of rubbers and blade doesn't forgive mistakes. It's really fast and very hard. I have to make really fast move. In exercises it's possible but when I play matches it's become so tough, I think I'm not at this level and blade need to help me a little bit. Can you help me in choosing rubbers for stiga? Or do you now any blades which are all+/off-or similar to primorac, I mean soft and flexible?

Hi,

I want to share with you something personal. In my club there are three players who uses Stiga OC. I have used it before with Tenergy 05 (BH) & T05Hard (FH), another player uses Joola Ryhzm-P (FH) & Rakza 7 (BH) and another uses Xiom Asia (FH) with Moristo SP on BH.

The point I want to make is that different players have their own preference. Asking folks around here what is good is too subjective to be any use. Ultimately, you will have to decide yourself. We can only tell our experience.

Personally when I use T05, I felt it is too bouncy for me because I prefer chinese tacky rubber.

Hi!

Take a Timo Boll OFF- blade and pair it with Rozena.
ANY player might play and feel well with that set up. An experienced player would be OK too, and an experienced player would know what is missing in that set up.
But if a player feels it difficult to control, it needs a serious talk with a coach.
Don't boost your rubbers until you get absolutely confident what and why you are doing that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

a little bit mixed signals I'm getting here... Tenergy is fast, but not that hard, it's a tensor, or sort of bouncy... having catapult efect
If you have trouble controlling your ball, try something like a good old classic DHS H3Neo. It will have a lot of gears and will be easy to control, very linear rubber. Unless you slam it, it won't be too fast, but it's quite spinny.

I have my Stiga OFF for a very long time with DHS H3 Neo for my FH and it's great for balanced game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have used the Stiga OC CR for many years with Joola Tango which suited it well. Unfortunately it's no longer available and I went with Barracuda on BH and Butterfly Rozena FH. This has been a good combo for the OC blade for me so it might suit. I have recently upgraded to the Donic Appelgren blade which I find much nicer than the OC.
I think you like Donic Appelgren more because you didnt try tacky rubbers on Stiga OC. I think the main difference is between the european and chinese philosophies about what equipment beginners are supposed to start with. Tenshion rubbers work better with softer control blades, tacky rubbers work better with flexible offensive blades that has a hard outer layer that creates a catapult effect in the blade itself instead of in the rubber. My problem with Stiga OC is developing my backhand, though.