Size of uncut rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Is there a minimum size requirement for length and width of a rubber sheet in a new package before cut ?
Seems to me like most rubbers from China are smaller by about 5 to 7 mm

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is there a minimum size requirement for length and width of a rubber sheet in a new package before cut ?
Seems to me like most rubbers from China are smaller by about 5 to 7 mm
There is something I have noticed about your pattern of posting. Every post you have made, has been while opening a new thread. There is even one thread that you made 4 threads on with the same post, where, one of the moderators deleted some of the posts. And I merged all the threads into one thread.

Are you able to answer posts? It would be interesting to see you post comments instead of just opening new threads to ask questions.

Do you think there should be a size minimum? If the sheet fits on a blade face, does it actually matter what size it is before it is cut to size on your blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
There is something I have noticed about your pattern of posting. Every post you have made, has been while opening a new thread. There is even one thread that you made 4 threads on with the same post, where, one of the moderators deleted some of the posts. And I merged all the threads into one thread.

Are you able to answer posts? It would be interesting to see you post comments instead of just opening new threads to ask questions.

Do you think there should be a size minimum? If the sheet fits on a blade face, does it actually matter what size it is before it is cut to size on your blade?

As soon as I posted 4 threads, I realized something went wrong & apologized and asked the moderators to delete the extra threads. It was deleted but you conveniently left out rest of the story.

As far as answering posts, I may feel I am not ready to yet or don't know what to say or worry that I may be laughed at for my opinions. . I am very new to both ping pong & internet & not very computer savvy. Sorry

Regarding blades what I meant was there could be a standard for rubber size so that manufacturers know what size blade can fit without rubbers being too small. I have seen some DHS rubbers & few other Chinese rubbers that are too small

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

if you are using a blade with a larger head (off the shelf blades, usually defensive blades have larger heads, although some pro’s have a larger non-standard head, and of course, if you go down the bespoke made route, you are free to choose what size and shape head/handle etc you want)
Then some caution is needed, I found this out when I decided to put Friendship/729 Battle 2 on a defensive blade. Sides were covered ok but the tip of the blade would have been showing by about 3mm !! Just meant that I had to glue the rubber slightly away from the handle!! Didn’t make any difference, gap wasn’t noticeable!!

Reactions: lodro
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
wvK3BFTd--Y.jpg

https://sun9-5.userapi.com/3F8wtiZBem1O_Z2eXxV7GHakp7gNE_Kh7aEUYA/wvK3BFTd--Y.jpg

[size=+3]Damnit .. ☠[/size]
Can't insert images here. I can see image on the Edit Form. No image on the resulting page.
NOTE: The Show Image option in my TTD Profile Page is currently ON

https://sun9-49.userapi.com/qfciBiQjuI22mT8jDJyvc1A4hzd0vcLr2CNY5A/VQV4wITn8-Y.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

As soon as I posted 4 threads, I realized something went wrong & apologized and asked the moderators to delete the extra threads. It was deleted but you conveniently left out rest of the story.

As far as answering posts, I may feel I am not ready to yet or don't know what to say or worry that I may be laughed at for my opinions. . I am very new to both ping pong & internet & not very computer savvy. Sorry

Regarding blades what I meant was there could be a standard for rubber size so that manufacturers know what size blade can fit without rubbers being too small. I have seen some DHS rubbers & few other Chinese rubbers that are too small

Okay. Thanks for answering. In some of the threads you posted where many people have replied, something like: "thank you for the varying viewpoints presented on this subject," would let people know you are not just bringing up contentious subjects to get people riled up. And if you are raising the issues because you are genuinely curious, it would make you a different category of poster than one who was posting all those questions to get people riled up. You would be surprised how many people there are who are in that category that would get called "internet trolls."

Which is why I was actually checking to see if and/or how you would answer.

If you are new to online forums and and newer to certain aspects of table tennis "geekery" [:) can't really think of a better term] then, it at least helps me understand where you are coming from as I look at content for moderation on the forum. Sorry for bringing up the multiple post-first thread. Based on what you are saying, that is understandable as well.

I hope you have fun on the forum.