This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Why do most Chinese players prefer to use the Viscaria? Just really curious. 😄

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Not sure they do!! It’s a very popular blade regardless!!
Higher level players have the ability to control and use this blade with either Tacky Chinese rubbers (usually on FH) or spring sponge / ESN rubbers on BH.
Viscaria has a reputation for pairing very well with Tenergy 05 on the backhand and H3 on FH
So, 2 of the most popular rubbers of all time and one of the most popular blades!!! It’s just a really good combo!!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Its a great blade. Works wit almost any rubber Great feel, fast enough. Not too fast. Not just popular in China. And some other blades very much like it are also popular, like TB ALC.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The only ones I have played with are the TB ALC and ZJK ALC. The TB ALC has a different handle and slightly different weight balance but it should work just as well with DHS rubbers, or any other rubber. And ZJK ALC is even more similar to Viscaria. And yet, Viscaria is more popular with Chinese players and TB ALC is more popular with Europeans. Maybe this reflects popularity of ZJK, or Chinese people don't want to use a blade named for a German player? Or maybe Chinese players like the Viscaria handle better. But in any case, those three blades are very similar.

Reactions: wheelbuilder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
And as for the potential export&import concerns of CITES endangered wood species that Music&Ping mentioned earlier: I looked up that list, and Wenge is not on the CITES list of protected species, so that wouldnt be an issue even if Der Echte needs to take it out of the country at some point. I won't have to export it anyway since I'm right here in California.