Back to Forum
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Question Found my 24 y old racket

    Hello guys, i´m new to the forum. I have a question and you guys can help me. I bought my first blade in 1997, it was a Mazunov with a red sriver and a black mark V (It was a good setup at that time, 24 years ago). I played semi-pro in my country for 3 years. After more than 20 years I have found my racket and I want to play again, The blade is still in fine condition but i don´t think the rubbers are usable after all that time sitting there. Which changes should I make to the racket? new rubbers? which ones? I really appreciate your help and i´m sorry for my english

  2. Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,355 1,634
    L
    Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,634 1,355

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2016
    Sweden
    1,634
    1,355
    4440
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    Did you speedglue at the time?

  3. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,767 5,869
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,869 2,767
    #3
    Definitely new rubbers. Try Butterfly Rozena and Yasaka Rakza 7
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  4. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    Lula;343952Did you speedglue at the time?

    I don´t know what we did back at the time, it was glued but i have no idea how we made it.
    I can buy a new blade but i don´t want to go the process of glue and everything, maybe there´s something pre assembled that i can find online and it will be similar to the setup i had before?

    Thanks a lot

  5. Takkyu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 1
    T
    Takkyu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 0
    #5
    If the blade is in good condition, i recommend you to buy new rubbers and use the same blade!

    In fact, i find the gluing process to be fun. Just search some tutorial on how to do it, you will be used to it.

  6. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,767 5,869
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,869 2,767
    #6
    If you can remove the glue that would be awesome. Hat Mazunov is an amazing blade and will still be good with the new ball provided it is paired with modern rubeers.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  7. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu
    If the blade is in good condition, i recommend you to buy new rubbers and use the same blade!

    In fact, i find the gluing process to be fun. Just search some tutorial on how to do it, you will be used to it.
    I can do that, Which rubbers do you recommend?

  8. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    Definitely new rubbers. Try Butterfly Rozena and Yasaka Rakza 7
    This is front and back? Thanks a lot

  9. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,767 5,869
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,869 2,767
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasiones
    This is front and back? Thanks a lot

    Yes. More or less modern versions of Sriver and Mark V for the new ball.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  10. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    Yes. More or less modern versions of Sriver and Mark V for the new ball.

    Amazing brother, thanks a lot. How many mm? 1.7, 1.9 or 2.1? Any advise on how to take those off after 20+ years? Products or something?

    Which one red and which one black?
    Last edited by Abrasiones; 04-18-2021 at 10:40 PM.

  11. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,767 5,869
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,869 2,767
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasiones
    Amazing brother, thanks a lot. How many mm? 1.7, 1.9 or 2.1? Any advise on how to take those off after 20+ years? Products or something?

    Which one red and which one black?

    I would use 1.9mm just not to make the racket too bouncy after you not playing for 20yrs. It's up to you which is the FH or bh rubber. Rozena feels a bit softer overall while Rakza 7is a bit firm

    ​​

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  12. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    I would use 1.9mm just not to make the racket too bouncy after you not playing for 20yrs. It's up to you which is the FH or bh rubber. Rozena feels a bit softer overall while Rakza 7is a bit firm

    ​​

    Brother, i just found in amazon, a lot of options pre assembled, prices vary even on the 500s usd, do you recommend any one of those or it´s better to glue those new rubbers to my Mazunov? Thanks a lot!!

  13. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,767 5,869
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,869 2,767
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasiones
    Brother, i just found in amazon, a lot of options pre assembled, prices vary even on the 500s usd, do you recommend any one of those or it´s better to glue those new rubbers to my Mazunov? Thanks a lot!!

    No pre-made. Man. That blade of yours is special from a bygone Era of high quality blades. Just buy a rubber from megaspin or tabletennis11.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  14. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    No pre-made. Man. That blade of yours is special from a bygone Era of high quality blades. Just buy a rubber from megaspin or tabletennis11.

    Done my brother, i´m going with Rozena FH Red 1.9 mm and Rakza 7 BH Black 1.8 mm, it´s that ok?

    Thanks a lot

  15. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,767 5,869
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,869 2,767
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasiones
    Done my brother, i´m going with Rozena FH Red 1.9 mm and Rakza 7 BH Black 1.8 mm, it´s that ok?

    Thanks a lot

    Good choice!!

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  16. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 115 286
    L
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 286 115

    User Info Menu

    #16
    I have a Primorac Carbon that was given to me in 1996. It is my current favorite. The game is different now. with the new ball it’s gonna be a lot harder to put spin on it.
    Personally I find Rozena lame but Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft is a favorite. Be careful when you remove the old old rubber it it’s factory glued it may be a bit difficult to remove.

    Cheers
    L-zr

  17. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,363 2,464
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,464 2,363
    #17
    A Mazunov or a Primorac Carbon will not have preglued rubbers - certainly no Mark V. Top notch blades, always sold bare with the sole purpose of combining it with your covering of choice to suit your needs and wants exactly.

    After so long, removing the old rubbers will probably still go easy and smooth, but even so: be gentle. The Sriver may have turned a bit brittle, always easier if it comes off in one piece.

    Many shops will do it for you, often for free, and for a small fee if not.
    Last edited by yoass; 04-19-2021 at 05:27 PM.

  18. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 115 286
    L
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 286 115

    User Info Menu

    #18

    Don't know what You are talking about, my Primo was naked until just before Covid hit...


  19. Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 8
    A
    Abrasiones is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 0

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Colombia
    8
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by yoass
    A Mazunov or a Primorac Carbon will not have preglued rubbers - certainly no Mark V. Top notch blades, always sold bare with the sole purpose of combining it with your covering of choice to suit your needs and wants exactly.

    After so long, removing the old rubbers will probably still go easy and smooth, but even so: be gentle. The Sriver may have turned a bit brittle, always easier if it comes off in one piece.

    Many shops will do it for you, often for free, and for a small fee if not.
    Thanks bro, ill do that

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.