Found my 24 y old racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Hello guys, i´m new to the forum. I have a question and you guys can help me. I bought my first blade in 1997, it was a Mazunov with a red sriver and a black mark V (It was a good setup at that time, 24 years ago). I played semi-pro in my country for 3 years. After more than 20 years I have found my racket and I want to play again, The blade is still in fine condition but i don´t think the rubbers are usable after all that time sitting there. Which changes should I make to the racket? new rubbers? which ones? I really appreciate your help and i´m sorry for my english

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Lula;343952Did you speedglue at the time?

I don´t know what we did back at the time, it was glued but i have no idea how we made it.
I can buy a new blade but i don´t want to go the process of glue and everything, maybe there´s something pre assembled that i can find online and it will be similar to the setup i had before?

Thanks a lot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
If the blade is in good condition, i recommend you to buy new rubbers and use the same blade!

In fact, i find the gluing process to be fun. Just search some tutorial on how to do it, you will be used to it.
I can do that, Which rubbers do you recommend?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

Yes. More or less modern versions of Sriver and Mark V for the new ball.

Amazing brother, thanks a lot. How many mm? 1.7, 1.9 or 2.1? Any advise on how to take those off after 20+ years? Products or something?

Which one red and which one black?

Last edited:

Amazing brother, thanks a lot. How many mm? 1.7, 1.9 or 2.1? Any advise on how to take those off after 20+ years? Products or something?

Which one red and which one black?

I would use 1.9mm just not to make the racket too bouncy after you not playing for 20yrs. It's up to you which is the FH or bh rubber. Rozena feels a bit softer overall while Rakza 7is a bit firm

​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

I would use 1.9mm just not to make the racket too bouncy after you not playing for 20yrs. It's up to you which is the FH or bh rubber. Rozena feels a bit softer overall while Rakza 7is a bit firm

​​

Brother, i just found in amazon, a lot of options pre assembled, prices vary even on the 500s usd, do you recommend any one of those or it´s better to glue those new rubbers to my Mazunov? Thanks a lot!!

Brother, i just found in amazon, a lot of options pre assembled, prices vary even on the 500s usd, do you recommend any one of those or it´s better to glue those new rubbers to my Mazunov? Thanks a lot!!

No pre-made. Man. That blade of yours is special from a bygone Era of high quality blades. Just buy a rubber from megaspin or tabletennis11.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

No pre-made. Man. That blade of yours is special from a bygone Era of high quality blades. Just buy a rubber from megaspin or tabletennis11.

Done my brother, i´m going with Rozena FH Red 1.9 mm and Rakza 7 BH Black 1.8 mm, it´s that ok?

Thanks a lot

I have a Primorac Carbon that was given to me in 1996. It is my current favorite. The game is different now. with the new ball it’s gonna be a lot harder to put spin on it.
Personally I find Rozena lame but Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft is a favorite. Be careful when you remove the old old rubber it it’s factory glued it may be a bit difficult to remove.

Cheers
L-zr

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
A Mazunov or a Primorac Carbon will not have preglued rubbers - certainly no Mark V. Top notch blades, always sold bare with the sole purpose of combining it with your covering of choice to suit your needs and wants exactly.

After so long, removing the old rubbers will probably still go easy and smooth, but even so: be gentle. The Sriver may have turned a bit brittle, always easier if it comes off in one piece.

Many shops will do it for you, often for free, and for a small fee if not.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
A Mazunov or a Primorac Carbon will not have preglued rubbers - certainly no Mark V. Top notch blades, always sold bare with the sole purpose of combining it with your covering of choice to suit your needs and wants exactly.

After so long, removing the old rubbers will probably still go easy and smooth, but even so: be gentle. The Sriver may have turned a bit brittle, always easier if it comes off in one piece.

Many shops will do it for you, often for free, and for a small fee if not.

Thanks bro, ill do that