Yes, I know: another serve rules rant...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020

But I also genuinely belief that any electronic/optic/software related assistance should be welcomed.

This takes nothing away from the umpires it simply gives them another tool to work with.

Fact is: technology is only setup @ big events, I mean... really big ones, like WTTC or Word Cup. Table Tennis is a minor sport worldwide, nothing is done like in football or tennis or rugby, because there's no money enough to put technology assistance or VAR in other events.

And even in Football, in major countries, there's no VAR after the 2nd division most of the time (France Ligue 2, England's Championship League etc...) so it means that some pros playing in 3 or 4th division do not have access to VAR. And will never experience it during their career.

It's the same as with speed glue detection: many clubs in french 4th or 5th division do not have any devices, the rule must be enforced since 2008 though right ? So how's it going to be for boosters ? only for top pro leagues, big international events ? how can aspiring young talents or even semi-pro amateurs players can agree with a "made for the rich" rules ? why do you think most of them are still boostering and will still do for at least 1 or 2 decades more ? because they'll never "identify themselves" as being a part of that !

VAR, technology assistance is chimeric, it's a unicorn for 99% of referees/amateur players refereing, and it will be for decades like that. Don't ask it to be welcomed then, ask for REALISTIC ways of refereing instead.

Music&Ping;344160 said:
Fact is: technology is only setup @ big events, I mean... really big ones, like WTTC or Word Cup. Table Tennis is a minor sport worldwide, nothing is done like in football or tennis or rugby, because there's no money enough to put technology assistance or VAR in other events.

And even in Football, in major countries, there's no VAR after the 2nd division most of the time (France Ligue 2, England's Championship League etc...) so it means that some pros playing in 3 or 4th division do not have access to VAR. And will never experience it during their career.

It's the same as with speed glue detection: many clubs in french 4th or 5th division do not have any devices, the rule must be enforced since 2008 though right ? So how's it going to be for boosters ? only for top pro leagues, big international events ? how can aspiring young talents or even semi-pro amateurs players can agree with a "made for the rich" rules ? why do you think most of them are still boostering and will still do for at least 1 or 2 decades more ? because they'll never "identify themselves" as being a part of that !

VAR, technology assistance is chimeric, it's a unicorn for 99% of referees/amateur players refereing, and it will be for decades like that. Don't ask it to be welcomed then, ask for REALISTIC ways of refereing instead.

you should understand ITTF does not have the resources nowadays.

• Angry
Reactions: Music&Ping
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Do you REALLY read what I write ? of course that's what I'm saying ! because even in major sports like... football, tennis or rugby the 3rd or 4th division do not have any VAR technology.

That's why I'm saying it's not realistic, and it's worse of it all: unfair ! to ask for that technology and to try to enforce so much rules based on erratic interpretations BECAUSE you don't have access to technology. It's like saying to a veggie consumer "I'll sell you meat, don't want it ? ok we can sell you dairy, neither ? ah you want veggies and fruits, sorry but these are not for you ! we won't sell it to you even if it's the cheapest food we have..."

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Music&Ping;344163 said:
Do you REALLY read what I write ? of course that's what I'm saying ! because even in major sports like... football, tennis or rugby the 3rd or 4th division do not have any VAR technology.

That's why I'm saying it's not realistic, and it's worse of it all: unfair ! to ask for that technology and to try to enforce so much rules based on erratic interpretations BECAUSE you don't have access to technology. It's like saying to a veggie consumer "I'll sell you meat, don't want it ? ok we can sell you dairy, neither ? ah you want veggies and fruits, sorry but these are not for you ! we won't sell it to you even if it's the cheapest food we have..."

Yes of course it is a money thing but there are only very few "realistic " alternatives.

The first one would be the current one : Let's do nothing, it is too difficult. Let's just ignore the serving rules.

The next one would be probably to create some campaign that appeals to everybody to observe the rules ,

appealing on players personal pride.

The long term version would be to give the coaches the right to inflict serious bodily harm to any new comer and

juniors for disregarding the serving rules.

Also, you serve illegally, the point comes to me.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Sometimes is it difficult to get ones feelings across, just using words.

I want to assure you that my words re poorly paid and overworked umpires was free of any cynicism.

I can see the high activity happening on theses big TT meetings and assume that after umpiring

matches the whole day one would be half dead.

But I also genuinely belief that any electronic/optic/software related assistance should be welcomed.

This takes nothing away from the umpires it simply gives them another tool to work with.

p.s please do not forget to eat a nice pickle with you quarte-pounder, ohh and some chips 😁

Well lodro, I speak 4 languages and I "Get it" that functioning in another language is not always smooth. Americans are generally terrible at getting this... usualy go outside USA and demand everything be done in English instead of at least at a minimum TRYING (and of course failing)... so I get it with your English and nothing negative will come out of my keyboard over that kind of thing.

I also get it about you wanting to be the smart-aleck wise-crack jokester, I have a lot of that spirit and my screen name is actually a shortened German form of that. (Original Joker) So unless you insult my personal beliefs, my friends or family, I will generally not send out a Goon Squad.

Despite the jokes, I think you get it about how it works and it is fun to use different language expression to discuss.

..as for the pickles, I am not oposed to them, but I prefer to grow my own veggies whenever possible, so it will be another 4-6 weeks before I have them. In USA, you never know what GMOs and chems are coming with your veggies when you buy in the store.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well lodro, I speak 4 languages and I "Get it" that functioning in another language is not always smooth. Americans are generally terrible at getting this... usualy go outside USA and demand everything be done in English instead of at least at a minimum TRYING (and of course failing)... so I get it with your English and nothing negative will come out of my keyboard over that kind of thing.

I also get it about you wanting to be the smart-aleck wise-crack jokester, I have a lot of that spirit and my screen name is actually a shortened German form of that. (Original Joker) So unless you insult my personal beliefs, my friends or family, I will generally not send out a Goon Squad.

Despite the jokes, I think you get it about how it works and it is fun to use different language expression to discuss.

..as for the pickles, I am not oposed to them, but I prefer to grow my own veggies whenever possible, so it will be another 4-6 weeks before I have them. In USA, you never know what GMOs and chems are coming with your veggies when you buy in the store.

good on ye my friend. I am glad you can see through my charade and I am glad you

therefore do not feel

attacked or offended. Wir koennen natuerlich auch in deutsch kommunizieren,r

""""der echte """, wuerde ich

uebersetzen als

"""The Genuine one"""

alles liebe und gute

from Lodro the clown

btw

lodro is Tibetan language 😎

Last edited:
Music&Ping;344160 said:

That (I think) is about to destroy football, everybody screaming for VAR check all the time. That can work on two ways It can strengthen the referee or it can undermine him... There is always going to be a few bad calls in a game and that’s OK. I have seen occasions where the game is interrupted close to 10 minutes for a VAR check. I really hope it stays away from this sport...

Cheers
L-zr

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
That (I think) is about to destroy football, everybody screaming for VAR check all the time. That can work on two ways It can strengthen the referee or it can undermine him... There is always going to be a few bad calls in a game and that’s OK. I have seen occasions where the game is interrupted close to 10 minutes for a VAR check. I really hope it stays away from this sport...

Cheers
L-zr

I have only ever seen the 17 camera system in operation on 1 occasion and I would be the first to agree that

the replays were sometimes slow. This might be because of technical reasons or because

people were not familiar with the technology.

When it did work, it was excellent.

I mentioned on a earlier post about betting. Personally I do not bet , I do not care enough who

wins and who loses, I just like to see a good game

There are however a lot of people that ARE betting on the games and they do not want to loose a lot of money

just because a wrong umpires decision.

We have all found out about the "miraculous " transformation of the ittf into WTT and i am really sorry

but IT IS all about money