Joola Xylo 5 & 7 Blades Review

says [IMG]

Still want to know whether these blades are made in Germany or China.Also, have more people tried them?How does the Joola Xylo 5 feel?

Blades are made in China.I'm using the Xylo 7 for some time now (Dynaryz CMD in FH and Rhyzen CMD in BH).
Built quality is good. Had to sand the wings just a tiny bit, but that's personal preference. Smooth handle and fits my hand nicely (FL). As expected for a 7 ply, it's not as flexible as a 5ply , but it isn't very firm either. Enough dwell time with Limba top ply. Both FH and BH topspin can be executed nicely.

When smashing or aggressive punch block with a 5-ply, I sometimes miss the power as a 5-ply is generally spoken much more flexible. With a 7-ply, smash and punch block are awesome.

I might try the Tibhar Szocs 1 as well, although I wonder if I would actually notice the difference.
Haven't tried the Xylo 5, so can't tell you anything about it.

PS: As a side note: I also have the BTY anniversary blade and the handle of Xylo 7 is exactly the same as the BTY blade. Same color, same size, same feeling, etc. In a blind test, I won't be able to tell which blade is which just by having it in my hands.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011

Blades are made in China.I'm using the Xylo 7 for some time now (Dynaryz CMD in FH and Rhyzen CMD in BH).
Built quality is good. Had to sand the wings just a tiny bit, but that's personal preference. Smooth handle and fits my hand nicely (FL). As expected for a 7 ply, it's not as flexible as a 5ply , but it isn't very firm either. Enough dwell time with Limba top ply. Both FH and BH topspin can be executed nicely.

When smashing or aggressive punch block with a 5-ply, I sometimes miss the power as a 5-ply is generally spoken much more flexible. With a 7-ply, smash and punch block are awesome.

I might try the Tibhar Szocs 1 as well, although I wonder if I would actually notice the difference.
Haven't tried the Xylo 5, so can't tell you anything about it.

PS: As a side note: I also have the BTY anniversary blade and the handle of Xylo 7 is exactly the same as the BTY blade. Same color, same size, same feeling, etc. In a blind test, I won't be able to tell which blade is which just by having it in my hands.

I been using Tibhar Szocs 1. It has got nice touch and control. Very good blade for looping. Pips player may find it too soft and has too much flex, but one can argue that helps with variation.

says My father and I have the Dunning-Kruger effect.
says My father and I have the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Feb 2023
Hello Yogi and everyone. I am planning to play with some very hard rubbers like "Xiom omega VII tour", "Stiga DNA Platinum XH", "Rasanter C53" etc. I am stuck between Xylo 5 and Xylo 7. Which one should I choose for these rubbers? I read Yogi's review, which is quite an enjoyable read, but I still cannot be sure for which I should go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
@yogi_bear

I remember you reviewed Yasaka Falck W7 and you liked it so much that you used it for your regular set-up. I notice that Falck W7 has thick core and 3 thin layers on each side, while Xylo 7 seems to have Clipper construction.

1. How do you compare Falck W7 with this Xylo 7? (speed, dwell time / spin, etc.)

2. Joola Viva is Clipper replica but with only 6.6 mm thickness. How do you compare Joola Viva vs. Joola Xylo 7?