Back to Forum
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 1,252 548

Donic Ovtcharov Original No.1 / Senso comparison

Sup,
    I recently picked up the non-senso version of Donic Ovtcharov No.1 (signed by Dima) at a charity auction. Few players asked me how the blades compare. The short answer is they don't. The non-senso version is the same but worse in every aspect. The difference is minimal but it is present. As you can see on the photo the non-senso version is barely used while Senso version is battle-worn. The Senso just feels better and provides more feeling. If you can pick up the non-senso version for 50€ then go for it. Great blade for the price. If I had to pick between used Senso vs new non-senso I would pick the usedand dinged Senso (and that is what I did...).
    PS: The non-senso also has been sealed (to preserve the signature) while the Senso is not. I doubt this makes measurable difference though.
    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 04-23-2021 at 06:01 PM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 36 65
    W
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 65 36

User Info Menu

Feb 2020
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    So perhaps like the difference between Long V and Fang Bo B2?

Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K

Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    Kind of sort of. A lot of people claim it's more like W968 and Long V. I've had Bo B2 blade in my hands for a while and I think that Long V is much better in terms of feel. The gap is much bigger. As I said in the Original Post, "The difference is minimal but it is present". Senso is better if you can get it, it is not something to cry about though. The weight distribution is much different too.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 5
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 1

User Info Menu

Mar 2021
    Aaland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    Kind of sort of. A lot of people claim it's more like W968 and Long V. I've had Bo B2 blade in my hands for a while and I think that Long V is much better in terms of feel. The gap is much bigger. As I said in the Original Post, "The difference is minimal but it is present". Senso is better if you can get it, it is not something to cry about though. The weight distribution is much different too.
    Can you explain more detailed what's the difference between Long V and Bo b2 please?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

says CHO!

Senior TTD Member 600 756
    says CHO!

Senior TTD Member 756 600

User Info Menu

Jan 2017
    Europe
    Read 2 Reviews

Fang Bo Carbon feels a bit stiffer but especially harder. The ball leaves the racket very soon, HL5 is slightly softer with the feeling that the ball stays longer in the racket.

says legendary EJ

Elite TTD Member 217 1,023
    K
    says legendary EJ

Elite TTD Member 1,023 217

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    Poland
    Read 2 Reviews
    Quality Control is different I got very soft fang bo b2 without splintering after re glued 5 different rubbers and IT plays like ovtcharov Senso but Weight... Is different.
    I had very hard fang bo b2 so I think IT is more to normal fang bo b2 which has low throw, high arc, bouncy but control in hard shots are bad because quality wood is not perfect and you must be very focus to not play too low to net or too short because the ball kicking high and your opponent has easier ball
    If I Play good the ball is deep, with high arc it has good pros to be good blade for pips but of course less feeling
    My soft fang bo Has higher throw and better feeling but of course Im not impressed ​​​​​​Ovtcharov Senso is very similiar to h5 Long light
    IT Has very similiar top ply and you can find that on prott.The weight is similiar top
    My friend wants to buy Long 5 for 700$ from top chinese player which has 86 grams I dont judge but I will play for free and I dont care about because this type of blade is specific and better players find holes in game and commercial Long 5 will be good enough.
    Fang Bo It depends what you get from factory.
    Last edited by Konrad Bak; 04-25-2021 at 10:06 AM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 5
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 1

User Info Menu

Mar 2018
    Belarus
    Read 0 Reviews
    No. 1 Senso is a great blade in all aspects, though, it has quality control issues which shouldn't be there for that price.

I have two of them and both have warping issues out of the box (one is like 5mm and another one is 1-2mm). Both came from different sources and revisions, one bough used, another one is new. It may be caused by inappropriate storage, but still, the coincidence is quite unfortunate and I would recommend checking your blades when buying. It also might be a gluing method they use, for example, AFAIK hide glue tends to cause warping in humid conditions.

This might not affect the way how they play, at least on our level. I successfully played with the first one for over a year and now using the second one.
    Also, although they have the identical weight of 85gr and the same ST handle, they play a little bit differently, the second one is noticeably harder. The overall feeling is still quite soft, though.

And the spin and control you get with the blade are unbelievable.