Back to Forum
    says when you play table tennis, you forget all and focus on ball.

Established TTD Member 16 106
    says when you play table tennis, you forget all and focus on ball.

Established TTD Member 106 16

help with forehand technique

https://youtu.be/NvgCUqUQbQQ
    training with returnboard and maiory of balls is out. I think is missing lower body or something... give your advices please...
    Last edited by davizoosk; 04-24-2021 at 12:39 AM.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,374 1,649
    L
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,649 1,374

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    Sweden
    Read 0 Reviews
    I do not know much about playing with a return board, but it looks like the ball bounce to close to the net on your side. Try putting the return board closer to the table. I also think it would be much easier to start if you do the stroke direct from the hand without the bounce on your side.

Regarding the technique i think you could try to swing less with the arm and let primarly the body move the arm and not the opposite. I think this would be easier to practice if you find a partner.

Try to turn the video next time, then you will proably get more feedback.

Good luck!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 65
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 65 8

User Info Menu

Dec 2020
    Portugal
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by davizoosk
    https://youtu.be/NvgCUqUQbQQ
    training with returnboard and maiory of balls is out. I think is missing lower body or something... give your advices please...

https://youtu.be/zgT5cO-V4jE

I really like using a robot, here's a video for the return board. I hope it helps

Eu gosto muito de usar um robot, aqui vai um video para o return board. Espero que ajude

says May the Spin be with you!

Established TTD Member 81 158
    says May the Spin be with you!

Established TTD Member 158 81
    I too have been playing a lot on a rebounding board as my country is under complete lockdown for more than a month now.

I will share with you what my coach tell me when using the rebounding board:

1) Keep your knees bent, as a guide, your waist should be lower or or on par with the table height. ( as a guide only ). This bending will give you a natural body mechanics to topspin using you waist and less using your arm swing.

2) Get ready to move your legs, which you are not. You are expecting the ball to come back to you nicely which will never be the case, you have got to move those legs!

3) Lock your elbow close to your waist to force you using the waist rotation which in turn will help you with control.

4) Swing forward and not upward as the rebounding board return with a topspin ball and not underspin ball.

Hope this help. Enjoy your exercise.