help with forehand technique

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I do not know much about playing with a return board, but it looks like the ball bounce to close to the net on your side. Try putting the return board closer to the table. I also think it would be much easier to start if you do the stroke direct from the hand without the bounce on your side.

Regarding the technique i think you could try to swing less with the arm and let primarly the body move the arm and not the opposite. I think this would be easier to practice if you find a partner.

Try to turn the video next time, then you will proably get more feedback.

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews
says Rozena! You complete me.
I too have been playing a lot on a rebounding board as my country is under complete lockdown for more than a month now.

I will share with you what my coach tell me when using the rebounding board:

1) Keep your knees bent, as a guide, your waist should be lower or or on par with the table height. ( as a guide only ). This bending will give you a natural body mechanics to topspin using you waist and less using your arm swing.

2) Get ready to move your legs, which you are not. You are expecting the ball to come back to you nicely which will never be the case, you have got to move those legs!

3) Lock your elbow close to your waist to force you using the waist rotation which in turn will help you with control.

4) Swing forward and not upward as the rebounding board return with a topspin ball and not underspin ball.

Hope this help. Enjoy your exercise.