Expanding your rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. After using ESN rubbers, taking them on and off a couple of times, they shrink so much. For example. I have a Stiga DNA M that was glued onto a 729 V6 blade, and this blade is smaller than normal blades. If I would like to use the DNA on another, slightly bigger blade, it's a bit small from the beginning, but it has also shrinked a bit so it just looks crazy when I put it on :D . Now I have added a layer of Haifu Seamoon Booster to it in hope that it will expand a bit. Anyone else got a working method for rubbers to expand?
IMG_20210424_092850.jpg

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

NO PROBLEMS, JUST GO AND PLAY. THE RAKET IS OK WITHIN PERMISSIONS.

In capacity of Racket Control officer, I would allow this racket to be used freely. Minor "bareface" margins near the racket edge are OK, if being not more than 2 millimeters.

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

NO PROBLEMS, JUST GO AND PLAY. THE RAKET IS OK WITHIN PERMISSIONS.

In capacity of Racket Control officer, I would allow this racket to be used freely. Minor "bareface" margins near the racket edge are OK, if being not more than 2 millimeters.

Yeah sure, but it's so ugly ;) Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews

I am convinced that rubber will be unplayable.
there will be problems with service and receiving service.
Tensor rubbers are not very suitable for a booster.

Tell that to my coach. 😆
He boosts his ESN rubbers with 3 or 4 layers every month. I would be so happy if I had his service, touch and service receive. 🙂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I think the rubber was stretched too much when it was glued first time .

I never press much when rolling on the rubber, so I don't think so. I've noticed that some rubbers just shrink, often when they have a softer sponge. My H3N's never shrink, but I have some Andro Rasanter R37 and Heger Grip SFX that gets smaller every time I glue them :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I am convinced that rubber will be unplayable.
there will be problems with service and receiving service.
Tensor rubbers are not very suitable for a booster.

Yep. That might be the case, but I don't think that I should have played with it anyway in the size it was, so... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I glued it on a Yinhe blade this morning, but I was a bit tired, so I started from the bottom. Anyway, the picture is taken a bit from the side and as you see there's about up to 2mm of rubber missing in some places. But if I start glueing from the top instead and just stretched it a little, it would be perfect. Don't know yet if it's playable though 🤣 We'll see tonight I hope. The DNA is a bit used, but I'll get an idea of if it works :)
IMG_20210427_070022.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Well. I tried this setup for about half an hour yesterday. Yinhe EC-14 carbon blade and Stiga DNA PRO M (boosted three layers). It was quite nice. Not unplayable at all and it just felt a bit faster than before, and still very controllable. Now the EC-14 blade is pretty fast, but the feeling was good so I don't think that you will ruin your DNA rubbers if you boost them. :)

f2MNQBV
davizoosk;344617guys, taking advantage of this topic because it is the same subject. I have a rakza x soft and it doesn't fit on my wood, I want to put oil on the sponge to grow it, but will it be too soft for the game? softening an already soft sponge.

i want glue on this placement:http://ibb.co/f2MNQBV

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Let the rubber dry so it returns to its original size before attaching it to the blade. This is extremely important the first time the rubber is being attached to the blade. If you attached the rubber to the blade while it is still wet and trim next to the wood, the rubber will shrink as soon as you take it off. This is the only example of tensioned rubber. The marketing hype is just that. Something must hold a rubber in tension. In the case of attaching a wet rubber to the blade, the blade is holding the rubber in tension until the rubber is removed from the blade.

The other technique is to trim the rubber about 2mm from the blade to allow for shrinkage. I let it dry. I have made the mistake of attaching a wet rubber too soon a few times.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Using booster is the best way.
But I found the rubber can not play as the new one because the pimple geometire can not be the same

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 2 reviews
Hi. After using ESN rubbers, taking them on and off a couple of times, they shrink so much. For example. I have a Stiga DNA M that was glued onto a 729 V6 blade, and this blade is smaller than normal blades. If I would like to use the DNA on another, slightly bigger blade, it's a bit small from the beginning, but it has also shrinked a bit so it just looks crazy when I put it on :D . Now I have added a layer of Haifu Seamoon Booster to it in hope that it will expand a bit. Anyone else got a working method for rubbers to expand?
IMG_20210424_092850.jpg

The rubbers don't shrink just like that, it's cuz you strecthed it when gluing. Notice how de sides haven't shrinked but only on the vertical. Only way is to boost and stretch a little when gluing it back on:)

Reactions: mocker88