Back to Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 52 152
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 152 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Niicky

The rubbers don't shrink just like that, it's cuz you strecthed it when gluing. Notice how de sides haven't shrinked but only on the vertical. Only way is to boost and stretch a little when gluing it back on

Well. The original 729 V-6 blade is a smaller one, but I'm always careful so I don't stretch new rubbers when putting them on. What I have experienced is that softer sponged rubbers tend to shrink more. I mean the first 3-5 times I move the rubbers, there's no problem. Usually when I put it in a plastic bag for storage some time, and then want to use it again, there has been some shrinkage going on. So I wonder if there's not any drying out process that make rubbers shrink a bit over time?

The Following User Likes mocker88's Post:

latej

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 70 211
    K
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 211 70
    My experience is that after expanding the rubber sooner or later it shrinks back. Someone in the previous posts mentioned already that the first time we cut the rubber have to wait till the glue is completely dry and try not to stretch. This may prevent extreme rubber shrinkage

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 52 152
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 152 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolev
    My experience is that after expanding the rubber sooner or later it shrinks back. Someone in the previous posts mentioned already that the first time we cut the rubber have to wait till the glue is completely dry and try not to stretch. This may prevent extreme rubber shrinkage

That's for sure, but I always wait for the glue to completely dry. Else it doesn't hold. And I haven't used booster before, so there's nothing that should expand the rubber then I think?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 4 9
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 9 4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mocker88

Well. The original 729 V-6 blade is a smaller one, but I'm always careful so I don't stretch new rubbers when putting them on. What I have experienced is that softer sponged rubbers tend to shrink more. I mean the first 3-5 times I move the rubbers, there's no problem. Usually when I put it in a plastic bag for storage some time, and then want to use it again, there has been some shrinkage going on. So I wonder if there's not any drying out process that make rubbers shrink a bit over time?

softer rubbers are easier to stretch am I right😄 I've had thee same problem with FX-P but that was when I glued my first time. Now im really gentle when i roll on my rubbers

The Following User Likes Niicky's Post:

mocker88

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 62 414
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 414 62
    My Dynaryz AGR also streched a lot.
    No more political prisoners in Catalonia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12