TTD Member 12 0

User Info Menu

Apr 2021
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews

Advanced equipment advice required

Hey community,

I wish everybody is safe.

I am an intermediate allround player. intermediate = I can perform all strokes including the difficult ones (flicks etc) comfortably but not that consistently.

I need some expert advice on my next equipment purchase as I am currently not really satisfied with my setup which is as follows:

Blade: Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLF. Weighs 92 grams.
    Rubbers: Donic Baracuda Big Slam in 1,8 mm thickness both on forehand and backhand.

The reason why I am not satisfied is that I feel my setup is way too fast for my style of play. Multiple strokes send the balls outside of the table which doesn’t happen when using slower setup of friends.
    I also require more dwell time, vibration and overall feel especially from the blade.

I’m considering the Stiga allround CR WRB or the Andro TP Ligna All. I didn’t find much reviews on those so it would be great if someone could provide some feedback about those specific models. I’m leaning towards the Andro because of its lighter weight and as it’s slightly faster than the Stiga one? I am just worried if I get a too slow blade, it will be harder playing away from the table.

I am also considering getting thicker sponge rubbers to avoid the bottom out effect (actually happening in my setup) but don’t really know which ones would fit with best with those blades (If you’d recommend them)

Thanks and looking forward!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 209 369
    P
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 369 209
    Honestly, the innerforce layer ZLF isnt too fast before throwing it down consider new rubbers, i'm not familiar with big slam but my personal favorite soft controlled tensor is Donic JP03, beautiful topsheet for punches and looping. Get it in MAX thickness as its so soft.
    OR
    Consider stepping to a non-tensor for now. Mark V is the best rubber to keep all shots well and slow down but is expensive, it can spin tho and that is often lacking in non-tensor.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,004 2,090
    L
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,090 1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by passifid
    Honestly, the innerforce layer ZLF isnt too fast before throwing it down consider new rubbers, i'm not familiar with big slam but my personal favorite soft controlled tensor is Donic JP03, beautiful topsheet for punches and looping. Get it in MAX thickness as its so soft.
    OR
    Consider stepping to a non-tensor for now. Mark V is the best rubber to keep all shots well and slow down but is expensive, it can spin tho and that is often lacking in non-tensor.

Donic JP03 is NOT a tensor.

This user has no status.

P
    This user has no status.

The JP series is the fx series of the blue fire m line of rubbers, it's intended to be a catapult effect rubber.

Now it may not be a ESN tensor TM rubber but it is a T-05 FX substitute and has a catapult effect. I hope this clears it up!

This user has no status.

L
    This user has no status.

The JP series is the fx series of the blue fire m line of rubbers, it's intended to be a catapult effect rubber.

Now it may not be a ESN tensor TM rubber but it is a T-05 FX substitute and has a catapult effect. I hope this clears it up!

I know very well what is what.

But there are a lot of readers here, who might not know.

And reading here that this rubber is a Tensor, they would start to tell and insist everywhere that it's a Tensor, because they have read that in the most popular and trusty TT forum.

That's not right.

This user has no status.

P
    This user has no status.

Eh. Being a bit pedantic can be good I guess. I'm glad you came enforce trademarks.

Do you have any suggestions to help the op?
    Last edited by passifid; 04-24-2021 at 06:49 PM.

This user has no status.

L
    This user has no status.

Eh. Being a bit pedantic can be good I guess. I'm glad you came enforce trademarks.

Do you have any suggestions to help the op?

The OP has been helped enough in his doubled thread.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 12
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 0

User Info Menu

Apr 2021
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by langel

The OP has been helped enough in his doubled thread.

Not really. Maybe you can provide your input since you know everything?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 12
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 0

User Info Menu

Apr 2021
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    OR

I’m actually considering switching to hard rubbers to cancel the bottom out effect