Wanting Advice on Equipment and Reviews of Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

TP_Ligna ALL has a Well-made construction. Handle without edges suit small hands very well. Great control, enough speed for AllRound offensive players. Very lightweight blade: 73 gr my own’s. A fantastic “do it all” blade, in my opinion, the perfect “Do it most” blade to improve the technique. The Queen of versatility; depending on the needs can be mounted with tensioned or non-tensioned rubbers, always able to ensure good performance.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Can you please give some feedback regarding the playing characteristics of the blade? In terms of dwell time, vibration, control and overall feeling? Also. Do you know what the wood composition of the blade is?
thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Can you please give some feedback regarding the playing characteristics of the blade? In terms of dwell time, vibration, control and overall feeling? Also. Do you know what the wood composition of the blade is?
thanks

My TP_Ligna ALL characteristics:
frequency: 1250 hz
Balance
: 13 cm from the head
Handle flared in walnut
Head Size: 157x151
Wood composition:
Limba (0,55) - Limba (0,55) - Kiri (3,7) - Limba - Limba

The veneers are glued with epoxy resin.

Dwell time is medium. Much more than Viscaria, less Donic Shiono def.
The trajectory of the ball is medium-low for a 5-ply wood, great control with good penetration force. I really like the feeling.
Very low vibrations: medium stiff frame for an all round blade.
It looks - as behavior - like a carbon frame with reduced gears and greater ease of play thanks to the ability to place the ball and control speed.
It seems a Donic Dotec Wang Xi control plus but more handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: iflbnt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Wow thanks so much for those valuable information. Seems to me like a relatively fast blade isn’t it? Especially given the frequency. I am looking for a slow blade that gives ultimate control. Do you think this is suitable or do you have other recommendations they are maybe way slower? Do you think too slow blades will make it hard play away from the table?

I am currently using Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLF and it’s too fast for me.

If You want something slower than BTY innerforce layer ZLF, You have: BTY Boll control, BTY Boll Allround and the sister to Your blade BTY innershield layer ZLF (defensive super slow blade)...

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

Is using a super slow blade would make it hard/impossible playing away from the table?

You would have to hit harder, I wouldn't say impossible but harder.
Remember that the blade and rubber is one unit. You can (up to a degree) compensate with the rubber. I have a superfast (Primorac carbon) blade with a slow (Rakza 7 Soft) rubber. This combo has approximately the same speed as my slowest blade with a super fast rubber. The feeling is different however, but don't expect to know what You like until You played for some time.

You have a good blade, even if You think it is too fast right now, hang on to it, otherwise You will regret getting rid of it.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Andro Gauzy BL5 review

Hey folks,
I’m looking for a review of the Andro Gauzy BL5 blade. Cant find a single review of it online. Let me know if you know its weight, vibration, dwell time, and overall feel. It would be best if you can compare it to the stiga allround classic. Thanks!

This user has no status.
Hey folks,
I’m looking for a review of the Andro Gauzy BL5 blade. Cant find a single review of it online. Let me know if you know its weight, vibration, dwell time, and overall feel. It would be best if you can compare it to the stiga allround classic. Thanks!

You seemed to open three thread under same topic.
TT11 blog has review for BL7. Review: The Gauzy Line | Table Tennis Blog | Tabletennis11.com (TT11)

Andro catalog data says 84gr weight, 5.4mm thickness for BL5. . Made in Sweden. GAUZY BL5 ALL BASICLINE » andro ®

It is a budget blade and quite affordable. Give it a try if you are looking for moderate speed and control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

The forum got quite laggy. That’s why it happened. Of course I know what’s written in the catalogue. I wouldn’t have posted anything here if this info was enough for me. Looking for more info/real experiences.