Why and when did Aluminium blades leave the world?

Hi everyone! I bought an aluminium blade a few months back, and I really like how it plays. I can't really say yet why I enjoy it that much, but that's not the point.
It was pretty difficult to find one and I wanted to know why those blades have been discontinued ?
Thanks in advance for all your answers !

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews

Just to be clear, I can see how my first post can be misleading, sorry about that.
The blades that I am referring to are indeed legal. Mostly made out of wood, they have, just like carbon blades, aluminum fibers between the different layers of the wood veneers. As KM1976 noted, a good example for those blades is the Stiga Tube Aluminium WRB. I personally bought the Tibhar Ikarus ALX.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
OK, I see one thin aluminum layer, I got the impression that whole thing was Alu. My mistake.CheersL-zr

ALUMINUM SMALL GRITS

Actually, STIGA used very small aluminum particles (small grit fraction) to fill in the small micronic grooves on wooden veneers. You can hardly see the filler material unless you broke the blade all apart.

Be happy

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I bought an aluminium blade a few months back, and I really like how it plays. I can't really say yet why I enjoy it that much, but that's not the point.
It was pretty difficult to find one and I wanted to know why those blades have been discontinued ?
Thanks in advance for all your answers !

check PIngpongonline.com they might have stiga alu blades that are still for sale.

Reactions: SenseiJM