Finding a more solid version of Fastarc G1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hi guys and girlsšŸ˜ƒ

I have been using Fastarc G1 for a few months now, and I am at a point where I feel like I can use something a little bit harder/ more solid. Hoping to get some recommandations from you all.

I saw a video where some japanese players were testing a 50 degree version of the G1 rubber, but I highly doubt it will be in mass production for the public.

I love the medium high arc, the grip, and the ease to counter loop/hit of G1 a lot, definitely dont want to lose those qualities. Blade is 7 ply limba top.

Many thanks in advancešŸ™

This user has no status.
Hi guys and girlsšŸ˜ƒI have been using Fastarc G1 for a few months now, and I am at a point where I feel like I can use something a little bit harder/ more solid. Hoping to get some recommandations from you all.I saw a video where some japanese players were testing a 50 degree version of the G1 rubber, but I highly doubt it will be in mass production for the public.I love the medium high arc, the grip, and the ease to counter loop/hit of G1 a lot, definitely dont want to lose those qualities. Blade is 7 ply limba top.Many thanks in advancešŸ™
Many choices if you wanna go harder than G1. Rasanter R50/R53 , Joola Ryzer Pro 50 or Dynaryz AGR, Stiga DNA Pro H, Gewo Nexxus El/Xt Pro 50/53, Xiom Omega 7 Pro/Tour/Asia/Hyper, MX-P 50, newly released Tibhar MX-D etc,

Last edited:
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I digress a little,

I find it nowadays, in the Non-Chinese universe, i.e., European or Japanese offering, all the rubbers are tension rubber. It seems to me the traditional non-tension version is completely dead. If I am wrong, can someone tell me are there still non-tension Non-Chinese rubber available?

Reactions: Music&Ping
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I digress a little,

I find it nowadays, in the Non-Chinese universe, i.e., European or Japanese offering, all the rubbers are tension rubber. It seems to me the traditional non-tension version is completely dead. If I am wrong, can someone tell me are there still non-tension Non-Chinese rubber available?

There is, an example is Yasaka Mark V. You can still buy it, its a dam good rubber for learning stroke. Its just slow for more advanced levels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
You're totally right Gozo: the old school rubbers like Mark V, Vario, Coppa and so on, were designed for 38mm cell ball + speed glue for their softer version (Mark V GPS, Vario soft, etc.). None of them were harder than 45Ā°, a hardness that is considered soft nowadays, 47/48 being mid-hard jap/ESN , or soft when it comes to the equivalent on the chinese hardness scale like the 37Ā° red H3, that's why Tenergy 05 has been so popular in the CNT with it's 36Ā° hardness = 46 on the ESN euro scale, and BTY upgraded it to a hard version rated 43 = 53 ESN scale, 50 and + considered hard. The new balls and speed glue ban have completely changed the market, as completely changing our sport.

Even hard tacky chinese rubbers from that era are considered a bit slow today, the Juic SpinSpiel for example comes in my mind.

Mar 2021

There is, an example is Yasaka Mark V. You can still buy it, its a dam good rubber for learning stroke. Its just slow for more advanced levels.

I find the Mark V too mushy for my taste coming from DHS NH3 40 degree hardness experience.

Also the Euro/Jpn manufacturer seems to have abandon the non-tensor segment completely. My beef with these tensor offering is that they product a non-linear correlation between force input and outcome. It can be unpredictable and confuses my muscle memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Music&Ping
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Hi guys and girlsšŸ˜ƒ

I have been using Fastarc G1 for a few months now, and I am at a point where I feel like I can use something a little bit harder/ more solid. Hoping to get some recommandations from you all.

I saw a video where some japanese players were testing a 50 degree version of the G1 rubber, but I highly doubt it will be in mass production for the public.

I love the medium high arc, the grip, and the ease to counter loop/hit of G1 a lot, definitely dont want to lose those qualities. Blade is 7 ply limba top.

Be sure they'll release it don't worry, BTY did it with its Tenergy 05, Andro with its Rasanter series by adding a 53, or Tibhar with its famous MX-P Hard that came after the 4 evolution series rubbers that came first. All those brands started with 47/48Ā° sponges, then after 2016 or so they went harder because players found the P ball was really affecting the sponge too much. Nittaku is clearly in a process of catching up VS all the major companies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The Mark V is too soft and has too little spin to properly learn modern offensive techniques with the 40+ plastic ball. Heck I thought it was junk when I was still still playing with celluloid 40mm balls. How is someone supposed to learn to loop long underspin ball or flick over the table underspin serves with such low friction. How is someone supposed to feel confident in hard countering loops or counterlooping with such a soft sponge. Most if not all Mark V users I see end up pushing or lifting underspin shots instead of aggressively attacking it. I have personally witnessed the poor buggers who believed in this outdated meme try to switch to a more spinny and modern rubber only to have the bad habits beaten into their body by Mark V hold them back from taking advantage of the newer rubber.

Say NO to Mark V and stop spreading this terrible meme.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Op, are you using G1 on FH, BH or both?

Iā€™ve just got over a few month stretch of using G1 on my BH and I actually yearned for something either softer or tackier.

Hi alas, I been using G1 on forehand, H3 37 on the backhand. Just out of curiosity, what are you considering to try next for your BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Hi alas, I been using G1 on forehand, H3 37 on the backhand. Just out of curiosity, what are you considering to try next for your BH?

It seems that you also played with a H3 Prov 39Ā° on your FH. What did you not like about it compared to the G1/did you try the H3 37 on your FH?

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Among 50 degree ESN rubbers that have safer throw (like you G1) I would say to try Cornilleau Target Pro GT X51.

I play with Rhyzer 50 PRO but the throw angle is more on lower side. Dynaryz AGR is even lower (I used for 4 months and went back to Rhyzer)

Reactions: Dr Evil
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys and girlsšŸ˜ƒ

Hi
Try ā€˜googlingā€™ table tennis sponge hardness, look for a post by ā€˜table tennis nerdā€™
He gives a good insight into sponge hardness, and how the feel of rubber is dependent on more than just sponge hardness.
For example Donic Bluegrip C2 is listed around 60 degree sponge hardness Shore ā€˜Oā€™ scale, which is about 49 degrees Shore A scale, C2 doesnā€™t feel like it has one of the hardest sponges out there!!

The post also includes a ā€˜shore hardnessā€™ tables, specifically Shore scales ā€˜Aā€™ and ā€˜Oā€™ which are used by various manufacturers. From memory I think DHS use Shore ā€˜Aā€™ scale, ESN use Shore ā€˜Oā€™ scale (generally). Things are ā€˜foggyā€™ because other manufacturers use terms like ā€˜softā€™ ā€˜mid hardā€™ ā€˜hardā€™ etc DHS do this even though they generally use Shore ā€˜Aā€™.
sometimes a different ā€˜non ā€˜Shoreā€™ sponge hardness scale is used ( Butterfly could be one, but the scale they use is either Shore A or one that is very close to it)!!!

When comparing the 2 Shore scales, things are not precise, so it gives a ā€˜guideā€™, there could be a degree or two difference when comparing the 2 scales!!! šŸ˜šŸ¤”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
OP, after everything you have mentioned in your first post it seems to me that you had found the perfect combination of control, throw, loop and even hit. Don't you think that going harder you will get out of your comfort zone?
I would second Yogi's suggestion , the Rhyser 50. It is my favorite from the newer generation rubbers with a firm topsheet and a harder sponge.Not so durable unfortunately.
The rest I've tried has too soft top to my liking and even though the sponge may be harder it is totally messing up my game (e.g O7Asia)