CCBladecraft

This user has no status.
3E541996-FCDD-4E9B-BC13-AA15570C3BA6.jpeg

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I posted more feedback on your blade challenge thread, you had 4 bites at the apple and the last feew sessions, I have been using one of the non-DE stamped blades, whcih I think is the "slower" of the batch, but really isn't a slow blade at all, it plays close to table or away from table power countering game real damn good.

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I have never seen a hinoki/ cypress this dark. Very cool!
I hope Charlie is doing well. His work is very beautiful.

This user has no status.
I have never seen a hinoki/ cypress this dark. Very cool!
I hope Charlie is doing well. His work is very beautiful.

yeah it’s not as common as what you normally see for sure but it’s out there. The pieces I have are really good grain and light. He’s still workin away in the shop and I definitely agree about his work!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Local Long Pips player George had me try out two blades he recently got from Chase.

George had OX LP on the BH of both, Grass D-Techs I think.

This was kinda hasty right after league was over.

I chop with .6mm sponged LP. The ball came off the bat faster on these with OX... which is just how George likes it.

For me, easier to return low energy balls, but need precise touch on high energy balls to chop back.

I would likely be at home with either blade using thin sponged LP.

Reactions: CCBladecraft
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Chase, I got two Donic Persson Power Play blades for you to make handles (100 mm long this time, but several mm fatter than average like normal)

If you know the dimensions, then I can put them on myself to save trips if needed.

When and where will you be in Sacramento area? Maybe I should go to a coffee house in Folsom.

This user has no status.
First time making a matching set. Kinda fun I payed close attention to the grain for the core and made sure I cut my lumber so the cores were next to each other in the lumber. Within less than .2 grams of each other hz is the same at 1305 and everything else is identical. I’d say not too shabby. Plus we have scoops!
image.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Saw Chase the man his-self at Citrus Heights TT action yesterday...

He gave me one of his OFF- wood blades to try... said it had a kind of rare pine wood core.

I slapped on my soft rubbers from my PPP in my sig... prolly glued them on too soon, one side felt slow, prolly rushed glue job. Still won my match.

Will try for the next two Russian Church sessions and will know how this puppy barks... and I think it will bark well and be right in the class of spin oriented blade that has pop at the table vs incoming spin or pace.

I think it is one of these three (one on right) but will need to take my own pic.

Will make a few posts to update. Maybe give it a name.

Chase Blade 2.jpeg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So the blade isn't one of the three in the pic in my previous post. I add a pic.

Blade is 95g... prolly why Chase asked me to test it, not many players like blades into the 90s.

I am putting two new sheets of rubber on this puppy to give it a fair shake.

Gunna take my time and glue it right today, so it is ready for Friday Russian Church.

369732038_10230738777471400_8411323529407908215_n.jpg