Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 64 39
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 39 64

CCBladecraft

Guess what I did today?
    I thought it would be cool to start my own thread to display my blades and see what you guys think. The blade I posted actually has a cool story so here it is...The first time I met up with Charlie to learn the art of blademaking he took me to his lumber yard and we walked around this place looking at these pieces of Hinoki cypress that to me looked great! I wanted to buy every piece I could get my hands on. Charlie on the other hand kept telling me that he frequently visits this lumber yard and none of the pieces were ideal at that time. So we walk around this lumber yard and I’m thinking to myself what a bummer here I was hoping to get some quality wood and I’m leaving with nothing. Then Charlie walks around the corner holding this ugly piece of wood! With a big smile on his face! I was confused of course by the color and to me it looked terrible but he assured me this was the wood I should buy if anything. So I did. We go back to the shop, he cuts it up, and wow! It looks amazing already even before thickness sanding. So the blade above is three pieces from the first hinoki cypress board I ever purchased and it happened to be a beautiful chocolate hinoki. The handle is a much shorter story. the poplar comes from an organ that Charlie got his hands on which he made some handle blanks with and he gave me some. So yeah that’s the story behind this blade and while every blade is special, there’s none quite like this. To me at least. *Shrug*

The Following 2 Users Like Chase Bradshaw's Post:

MK73 and shinshiro

Last edited by Chase Bradshaw; 6 Days Ago at 07:30 AM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 64 39
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 39 64

Somehow I posted this 3 times lol *facepalm* can someone help me out and delete the other two or tell me how if I’m missing something?

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 10,853 10,556
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 10,556 10,853

User Info Menu

I posted more feedback on your blade challenge thread, you had 4 bites at the apple and the last feew sessions, I have been using one of the non-DE stamped blades, whcih I think is the "slower" of the batch, but really isn't a slow blade at all, it plays close to table or away from table power countering game real damn good.
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

This user has no status.

TTD Member 64 39
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 39 64

Nice! That must be the 9 ply mahogany core. That one was definitely a big question mark on how it would play I knew the mahogany measures kinda funky. Im glad it seems to be working well for you!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 163 246
    S
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 246 163

User Info Menu

Aug 2016
    Brazil
    Read 0 Reviews
    I have never seen a hinoki/ cypress this dark. Very cool!
    I hope Charlie is doing well. His work is very beautiful.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 64 39
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 39 64
    Quote Originally Posted by shinshiro
    I have never seen a hinoki/ cypress this dark. Very cool!
    I hope Charlie is doing well. His work is very beautiful.

yeah it’s not as common as what you normally see for sure but it’s out there. The pieces I have are really good grain and light. He’s still workin away in the shop and I definitely agree about his work!