What blade and rubber do You guys recommend?

aDq

This user has no status.

aDq

This user has no status.
Jan 2021
What blade and rubber do You recommend?
I want to buy blade (OFF or OFF+) and rubber What do You recommend?
now I have butterfly Primorac Japan (OFF-)
and tibhar evolution mxp on my fh and tibhar evolution elp on my backhand
I have been playing table tennis for four years and now i want something faster
so of course I can do topspin and loop very easily

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
"I have been playing table tennis for four years and now i want something faster
so of course I can do topspin and loop very easily"

You realize that with a faster setup it's gong to be harder to do top spin.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would go with a different approach of yogi on this one. OP is using MX-P on FH, which is a plenty fast enough rubber... and if he used it 4 years and is now able to easily do tospins, I think he would benefit from the same rubber for now, unless somehow he discovers he is more consistent and quality with another category.

Approach I would champion, which is NOT the only approach, but the one I would choose here is to get a blade of similar characteristics, but faster on the low and medium impacts, of course top end gunna be faster... given OP been using the Primorac all wood, get another great all wood balde that is faster and keep same rubbers... so a blade like Tibhar Akkad (which is OFF), or a Korbel SK7, etc... and see how it goes... maybe later one of the thousands of composite blades in that OFF class...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Same rubbers with a controllable carbon inner blade, the Apolonia ZLC is awesome for that purpose, its softer limba layers over the zlc inner one help preserving good control for offensive loops. There are dozens of other carbon inner blades that will do it well too.

The only thing that I find about mxp with the new ball is that, it is not as fast as before and the spin is also less compared to newer generation rubbers. Yes mxp is still good but there are lots of newer rubbers with faster speed and better grip.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Music&Ping;344649 said:
Same rubbers with a controllable carbon inner blade, the Apolonia ZLC is awesome for that purpose, its softer limba layers over the zlc inner one help preserving good control for offensive loops. There are dozens of other carbon inner blades that will do it well too.
I think Der_Echte's suggestion is pretty good. But I agree with Music&Ping. The Apolonia ZLC would be an excellent choice. The top and medial plies will give it a similar feel and the ZLC layer near the core will add more than enough extra speed. And yep....keep the rubbers you are already using, at least for now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I like Limba/Koto outer ply with ALC inner or outer no probls.
Thickness about 5.9-6.1mm so the blade feel a litter flexible but not too stiff
Weight about 86-90gr only. The total with 2 rubber ~185-190gr.
Like: DHS PG7, PG9, Fangbo B2X, Nittaku Barwell Fleet, Viscaria..