Back to Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 78 of 78
  1. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 226
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 81
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    Wow! Impressive. You are truly a fanboy of DHS and Chinese tacky rubber.

    I have a further question. The conventional wisdom is to use tension or softer rubber for the backhand, however, I find that using hard tacky chinese rubber on BH can produce some spectacular killer backhand loop kill. Especially on flexy blade with ALL+ or OFF- rating. Do you find the same as I do?

    Glad you liked it

    Yep. Chinese all the way here

    I really don't like flexy blades to these rubbers. I found out that stiffer ones work better for me, and then a bit faster than all+/off-.
    I used to have 729 Focus III Snipe and DHS TinArc 3 for backhand, but advanced to Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, TSP Ventus Soft and Spin and further to Andro Hexer series. But now I'm using Big Dipper H38 boosted on backhand. It's quite nice and not too bouncy. And tonight I will try out the H8-80 H38 on my backhand. My technique is much better on forehand than on backhand, so I need something that's controllable


  2. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 96 184
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 184 96
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88

    Glad you liked it

    Yep. Chinese all the way here

    I really don't like flexy blades to these rubbers. I found out that stiffer ones work better for me, and then a bit faster than all+/off-.
    I used to have 729 Focus III Snipe and DHS TinArc 3 for backhand, but advanced to Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, TSP Ventus Soft and Spin and further to Andro Hexer series. But now I'm using Big Dipper H38 boosted on backhand. It's quite nice and not too bouncy. And tonight I will try out the H8-80 H38 on my backhand. My technique is much better on forehand than on backhand, so I need something that's controllable

    Oh! For me, if I use Chinese tacky rubber, I will put the hardest commercially available on a flexy blade with ALL+ / OFF- rating, typically 5 ply all-wood.

    The Following 2 Users Like Gozo's Post:

    mocker88 and ttarc

    Last edited by Gozo; 09-02-2021 at 02:24 PM.

  3. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 85
    A
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 85 27

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    Germany
    85
    27
    159
    Read 1 Reviews
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    Aaaah. Just tried my 8-80 38 deg yesterday. It's all soft and really similar to the 3-50 what I recall. No speed, low throw. The spin is there but it means really hard work if you leave the table at any time. Just a disappointment with this one. Well the weight. 51g cut. Sure a couple of grams lighter than the ordinary H8 or so. Perhaps it'll work for backhand when broken in, but it's not a forehand rubber for me, sorry to say. @IB66 you can't compare TAU II and this one?

    I cant imagine that we had the same rubber here or that one degree hardness would make such a huge difference.
    But the 3-50 cant be "nearly" the same as the 8-80. I mean even their components are hugely different.

    I play the 3-50 and yes, you do have to have a really strong backhand swing to perform strong attacks. And i would say that this rubber can shine either on FH or roughly boosted. At least it did shine a bit on my BH after 2 layer of Falco Tempo Long booster.

    The 8-80 37° (unboosted) on the other hand is really smooth and fast with quick strokes. I played the Vega Pro on my BH for 2 years before and the 8-80 is just a bit slower but has way more controll in the short game because it is pretty sticky.

    But i would say too that this piece of rubber is not a really good FH rubber. Though i cant really describe my problem with it on FH but it feels way off. I hit way less shots with it on my FH than on my BH.

    Ah maybe i should add, that i play this on the DHS TG 506x. I have no clue how this rubber feels on a slower racket.


  4. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 226
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 81
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

    I cant imagine that we had the same rubber here or that one degree hardness would make such a huge difference.
    But the 3-50 cant be "nearly" the same as the 8-80. I mean even their components are hugely different.

    I play the 3-50 and yes, you do have to have a really strong backhand swing to perform strong attacks. And i would say that this rubber can shine either on FH or roughly boosted. At least it did shine a bit on my BH after 2 layer of Falco Tempo Long booster.

    The 8-80 37° (unboosted) on the other hand is really smooth and fast with quick strokes. I played the Vega Pro on my BH for 2 years before and the 8-80 is just a bit slower but has way more controll in the short game because it is pretty sticky.

    But i would say too that this piece of rubber is not a really good FH rubber. Though i cant really describe my problem with it on FH but it feels way off. I hit way less shots with it on my FH than on my BH.

    Ah maybe i should add, that i play this on the DHS TG 506x. I have no clue how this rubber feels on a slower racket.

    I played this on my backhand yesterday, unboosted as well. Compared to a Big Dipper 38° it feels soft and really nice, but the rebound from blocking is so high. That's just an adjustment to do

    I have taken it off now to add a couple of booster layers, to see if that could give it a more bouncy feeling. I felt that i could need a little bit more help in my strokes, so hoping for this.

    I have it on a DHS PG9 7-ply wooden blade, and it's quite fast, and I don't think that I want it on a slower blade right now.

    I feel that the spin is there, but for forehand I need something much harder, so I think it'll be nice for backhand if I just can adjust my angle a bit.


  5. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 85
    A
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 85 27

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    Germany
    85
    27
    159
    Read 1 Reviews
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88

    I played this on my backhand yesterday, unboosted as well. Compared to a Big Dipper 38° it feels soft and really nice, but the rebound from blocking is so high. That's just an adjustment to do

    I have taken it off now to add a couple of booster layers, to see if that could give it a more bouncy feeling. I felt that i could need a little bit more help in my strokes, so hoping for this.

    I have it on a DHS PG9 7-ply wooden blade, and it's quite fast, and I don't think that I want it on a slower blade right now.

    I feel that the spin is there, but for forehand I need something much harder, so I think it'll be nice for backhand if I just can adjust my angle a bit.

    Have you ever played with a Tenergy 05 like rubber? Compare to that the rebound of the 8-80 is quite low and really slow, especially if you really just go for a block instead of a counterattack.
    If you boost it, the rubber will become even more soft and more bouncy, so i am not sure if that is the result you want.

    Like i said i wouldnt play this as a FH rubber especially if you are already used to Hurricane 3 with 41° hardness which is quite hard already.


  6. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 226
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 81
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

    Have you ever played with a Tenergy 05 like rubber? Compare to that the rebound of the 8-80 is quite low and really slow, especially if you really just go for a block instead of a counterattack.
    If you boost it, the rubber will become even more soft and more bouncy, so i am not sure if that is the result you want.

    Like i said i wouldnt play this as a FH rubber especially if you are already used to Hurricane 3 with 41° hardness which is quite hard already.

    Yes I have. Sure this one is much slower, but I compared the rebound to Big Dipper, and it was really high. But now it's boosted, and we'll see this week


  7. MK73 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 79
    MK73's Avatar
    MK73 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 79 56
    #67
    Can anyone compare H8-80 (37 deg) with Skyline 3-60 (37 deg)? I‘m a big fan of the 3-60 as a bh rubber and wonder what the differences between these two rubbers might be.
    Last edited by MK73; 09-08-2021 at 10:54 AM.

  8. Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 92
    Dipak1974's Avatar
    Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 92 21
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by MK73
    Can anyone compare H8-80 (37 deg) with Skyline 3-60 (37 deg)? I‘m a big fan of the 3-60 as a bh rubber and wonder what the differences between these two rubbers might be.

    As your fan of skyline 3-60 would you be able to compare it to H3Neo provincial? Also compare it to Dignics 09C?

    does S3-60 need boosting like H3 and can S3-60 be used on fh? I’m currently using D09C fh on Mizutani Jun ZLC


  9. TTOmar is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 52
    TTOmar's Avatar
    TTOmar is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 52 11
    #69
    Is that #80 sponge similar to Loki N80 rubber? Just curious why these sponges called 50,60 or 80?

  10. Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 11
    B
    Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 2
    #70
    I'm pretty much curious, will h8-80 available in 35 degree hardness 😙

    37 degree on the backhand for me is too hard, I don't have enough impact to maximize the rubber's potential, even boosted 🤣

  11. Bram Vroonland is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 18 59
    B
    Bram Vroonland is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 59 18
    #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Basillius Calvin
    I'm pretty much curious, will h8-80 available in 35 degree hardness 😙

    37 degree on the backhand for me is too hard, I don't have enough impact to maximize the rubber's potential, even boosted 🤣
    Â

    Hi Calvin,
    For the price I would give it a go with some booster. I was scared to try a hard chinese rubber on my BH too but imho it's quite easy to play.

    The Following User Likes Bram Vroonland's Post:

    lodro


  12. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 226
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 81
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by TTOmar
    Is that #80 sponge similar to Loki N80 rubber? Just curious why these sponges called 50,60 or 80?

    No. Nothing like LOKI N80. N80 is much harder, like H3N 40/41 deg. H8-80 is much softer (37/38 deg).


  13. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 475 904
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 904 475
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    Aaaah. Just tried my 8-80 38 deg yesterday. It's all soft and really similar to the 3-50 what I recall. No speed, low throw. The spin is there but it means really hard work if you leave the table at any time. Just a disappointment with this one. Well the weight. 51g cut. Sure a couple of grams lighter than the ordinary H8 or so. Perhaps it'll work for backhand when broken in, but it's not a forehand rubber for me, sorry to say. @IB66 you can't compare TAU II and this one?

    On Tuesday I played with Tau 2 and H8-80, the Tau 2 has lost some tackiness since I last used it, also more bouncy compared to the H8-80 and quicker.I would say that, when new Tau 2 is closer to H8-80, I think the older that Tau 2 gets, the more tackiness it looses and the spring sponge effect becomes more noticeable.
    My playing partner brought the wrong bat with him and asked to try one of mine. So I gave him one with Tau 2 both sides, he liked it and then asked to try the other bat with the H8-80 on it. Loved the spin from both rubbers, his normal bat is T05 on a Viscaria!!
    He thought he got more spin with Tau 2 and H8-80, he didn’t mention speed.
    Blades were all wood All+/Off- the one with H8-80 has Hinoki top veneer and feels very light, the one with Tau 2 is a Primorac clone, feels a little heavier but still light compared to the Viscaria T05, this is mainly down to the handles being ‘handle heavy’
    He took down SDC’s details, so Sergio may be getting another customer!!

    Back to the Tau 2 H8-80 comparison, then yeah Tau 2 is now playing bouncier and faster, but less tackiness than H8-80. As for feel, I think they are similar, Tau 2 maybe a little harder?

    I’m just gonna stick to the H8-80 ( for now!!!!🤔)


  14. Bram Vroonland is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 18 59
    B
    Bram Vroonland is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 59 18
    #74
    I am still very pleased with the 8-80 on the BH of my HL5. I do hit less outright BH topspin winners. My shots seem a bit easier to return when compared to Dignics 05. On the other hand my shots hit the table much more often. I have ordered a second sheet to put on my spare Viscaria. Maybe that will give the rubber a bit more zip without losing its amazing control.

    Has anyone tried this on a Viscaria yet?

  15. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 226
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 81
    #75
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66

    On Tuesday I played with Tau 2 and H8-80, the Tau 2 has lost some tackiness since I last used it, also more bouncy compared to the H8-80 and quicker.I would say that, when new Tau 2 is closer to H8-80, I think the older that Tau 2 gets, the more tackiness it looses and the spring sponge effect becomes more noticeable.
    My playing partner brought the wrong bat with him and asked to try one of mine. So I gave him one with Tau 2 both sides, he liked it and then asked to try the other bat with the H8-80 on it. Loved the spin from both rubbers, his normal bat is T05 on a Viscaria!!
    He thought he got more spin with Tau 2 and H8-80, he didn’t mention speed.
    Blades were all wood All+/Off- the one with H8-80 has Hinoki top veneer and feels very light, the one with Tau 2 is a Primorac clone, feels a little heavier but still light compared to the Viscaria T05, this is mainly down to the handles being ‘handle heavy’
    He took down SDC’s details, so Sergio may be getting another customer!!

    Back to the Tau 2 H8-80 comparison, then yeah Tau 2 is now playing bouncier and faster, but less tackiness than H8-80. As for feel, I think they are similar, Tau 2 maybe a little harder?

    I’m just gonna stick to the H8-80 ( for now!!!!🤔)

    Played with my H8-80 on backhand yesterday. The feeling is really nice. Perhaps I'm changing my Big Dipper for this one on BH.

    The Following User Likes mocker88's Post:

    Bram Vroonland


  16. Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 24
    C
    Caddy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 2

    User Info Menu

    #76
    How would you compare its characteristics to a H3neo 37 degree, which is my current to go rubber for backhand?

  17. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 85
    A
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 85 27

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    Germany
    85
    27
    159
    Read 1 Reviews
    #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Vroonland
    I am still very pleased with the 8-80 on the BH of my HL5. I do hit less outright BH topspin winners. My shots seem a bit easier to return when compared to Dignics 05. On the other hand my shots hit the table much more often. I have ordered a second sheet to put on my spare Viscaria. Maybe that will give the rubber a bit more zip without losing its amazing control.

    Has anyone tried this on a Viscaria yet?

    I played it on my DHS TG 506x which is really close to a Viscaria. I was overall pretty happy with it. The only downside i still have with it is that the arc is a bit too flat for my taste, which is way some flicks went way over the table.

    Now i put it back on my DHS Hurricane 301 on which this issue is kinda solved. Maybe because the 301 is a bit slower but i dunno for sure.

    For now im gonna stick with a boosted Hurricane 8 on my bh. Not as consistent bc of the boosting process, but still a more replicable performance for me.


    Caddy;352428

    How would you compare its characteristics to a H3neo 37 degree, which is my current to go rubber for backhand?
    Rough to say actually because it depends on how (or even at all) you boost your Hurricane.
    Unboosted the 8-80 is way faster and an overall better rubber. Maybe the shortplay is a bit harder to perform on, though this rubber is still quite sticky.

    In case your hurricane is boosted i would say it depends on your technique.
    To put it simply i would say, if you have more of a backhand like Ma Long, then stick with it. The Hurricane 3 is overall easier to controll but is more technique reliant.
    If your technique is more like FZD or any Butterfly BH player, then you should try it out.

    As i said, the 8-80 is faster and has a lower throwangle than the Hurricane 3.
    But the Hurricane 3 has way more controll, and with the right technique you can kinda compensate the lacking speed.
    Last edited by Attitude; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:16 PM.

  18. GrayGhost is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 40
    G
    GrayGhost is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 40 11
    #78
    I have been playing with h8-80 37 for about a month now and I have to say I love it! I've recently used h37 prov, d05, t05, rakza z on my bh and h8-80 is so good! 1/3 the price of d05 and plays very similar. I'm going to try it on my FH soon!

    My 3 top blades I use:
    Liu Shiwen ZLF: d05/h8-80
    Harimoto szlc: h3 prov 40/h3 prov 37
    Lin Yun-Ju slzc: h3 prov 40/d05

    The Following 2 Users Like GrayGhost's Post:

    Bram Vroonland and latej


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.