Dhs h8-80

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I never tried H8, how much is the speed difference between H8 and H8-80? Is H8 closer to H3N in play characteristic?

H8 comes in three hardness:

1. Soft
  2. mid hard
  3. hard (39-41)
H8-80 comes in 37 degree.

But my mid hard H8 is significantly harder and faster than my H8-80 37 degree. So I guess Soft H8 might be equivalent to H8-80.

Reactions: Zwill
I wonder if there's a national version of H8-80. Watching a couple of games by Cho Seungmin now, he's a beast with his backhand. And there was a topic somewhere here on the forum that he plays with H8-80 on the BH and is sponsored by DHS.

I also wonder where can I get legit w968 with which he or other Korean/Chinese players play. Korean TT seems to be very good lately and incorporating a lot of tacky DHS rubbers as well as blades.

Great game.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
I wonder if there's a national version of H8-80. Watching a couple of games by Cho Seungmin now, he's a beast with his backhand. And there was a topic somewhere here on the forum that he plays with H8-80 on the BH and is sponsored by DHS.

I also wonder where can I get legit w968 with which he or other Korean/Chinese players play. Korean TT seems to be very good lately and incorporating a lot of tacky DHS rubbers as well as blades.

Great game.

H8-80 does not exist in any version other than commercial!
W968 DHS offers in the version W968-DHS HURRICANE LONG 5 (968) and GHL5-L DHS GOLD SLAM 968.
Quite hard to get, $20000 purchase will get you 1 piece of W968.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

H8-80 does not exist in any version other than commercial!
W968 DHS offers in the version W968-DHS HURRICANE LONG 5 (968) and GHL5-L DHS GOLD SLAM 968.
Quite hard to get, $20000 purchase will get you 1 piece of W968.

W968 isn’t that hard to get, and it doesn’t cost that much, it’s about $500-600 on TaoBao or prott.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

H8 comes in three hardness:

1. Soft
  2. mid hard
  3. hard (39-41)
H8-80 comes in 37 degree.

But my mid hard H8 is significantly harder and faster than my H8-80 37 degree. So I guess Soft H8 might be equivalent to H8-80.

Wow, I already find the H8-80 quite bouncy and fast. I was thinking the normal H8 is slower. Guess I am wrong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Wow, I already find the H8-80 quite bouncy and fast. I was thinking the normal H8 is slower. Guess I am wrong.

I found my H8-80 (I have 37 and 38 deg) to be bouncier and faster on BH than H8. On FH H8 is more like an H3 and can generate more speed but feels slower and harder.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Depends on what we are talking about: speed on low or on high/full power impacts. H8-80 will certainly bottom out earlier because of its softer sponge.

Btw according to DHS' latest catalogue the H8 is available with 2.15 mm and 2.2 mm sponges and 39°, 40° and 41°.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Depends on what we are talking about: speed on low or on high/full power impacts. H8-80 will certainly bottom out earlier because of its softer sponge.

Btw according to DHS' latest catalogue the H8 is available with 2.15 mm and 2.2 mm sponges and 39°, 40° and 41°.

Well with the Joola Super ALC blade the 38deg H8-80 on FH feels like a rocket, maybe I can get used to it. Since the H8-80 at 38deg is already a heavy rubber (52g cut) and really fast I was thinking of maybe slowing it down a bit with a H8, 2.15, 40 deg one. But like I get conflicting info on the speed. I honestly don't wanna go down to H3 since the H3 is nowhere near as consistent as the H8 topsheet. I kinda steered away from normal H8 in the past since it was reported several times that it's very heavy but hopefully it's not heavier than 52g.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Sorry I did not elaborate enough. H8-80 is easier to generate speed. H8 behaves like H3 - slow with low to medium impact, but fast like a bullet when hitting hard.

so yeah close to table, H8-80 is faster. When hitting hard, H8 is faster.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Unboosted H8 is waaaaaay slower than H8-80. -80 is basically H8 for people too lazy (or too principled but for me it was lazy) to boost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
The 80 sponge is pretty bouncy, and stable. I'm a pretty big fan of loop killing, I like to end a point ASAP and I strongly believe what the opponent cannot reach or react to is the best shot. The H8-80 can do it, but I feel like for proper loop killing harder sponge would be better. Like the SpringSponge X on Dignics09c or the bluesponge (is it #22?). Maybe the H8 sponge is good too. I am not sure, so I will try my Battle 2 golden if I have more issues with the 38deg H8-80 on my forehand, and if the Battle 2 feels too slow then I will get a H8.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
So I got myself 2 sheets of H8, both in 2.15mm, 37 and 40deg hardness. My biggest concern was their weight since many people reported they can go up to 53 and 55g cut to a 158x150mm blade. In fact this was the biggest reason I avoided the H8.

I do like the H8 topsheet a lot, be it on H8 or H8-80, it seems super consistent. Red, black, H8, H8-80 I got my red H8-80 when the H8-80 was released and then last year I bought a black one too and all the sheets were uniform and high quality.
I noticed that even in very humid conditions it does not have any issues. In high humidity or in cold many rubbers develop a waterfilm on them and that makes them a pain in the ass to use. Recently I had such an issue with a rubber while on my other side the H8-80 wasn't bothered by the humidity at all. Not sure if this is a design feature or not but it's welcome. I suppose in south China humidity is a big problem so maybe it was considered during development. Could be pure luck too tho, one never knows with China...

Back to H8 and its weight... it's really-really light. The 37deg cut is about ~44g, the 40deg is ~46g. With two sheets of H8-80 my racket was 188g assembled, from that the blade was 85-86g. Now I measured 179g assembled and I even left a bit of a rubber overhang.

I haven't tried them yet since I just assembled the racket but just from spin and bounce testing they feel more close to orange H3, definietely different to H8-80. I doubt they will be as bouncy as the H8-80, but they are not slow. They feel dead like a H3N, but if I put on a plastic foil they bounce really high.
If anything they remind me of Donic C2, but they're much lighter. I tried C2 on someone else's blade and I wasn't very impressed, it was an off- blade and I couldn't feel that particular blade under the C2 even if I smashed really hard. But C2 did make a lot of spin and it was very good at over the table counterspinning. But the C2's weight and the absolute lack of topsheet durability turned me away really quickly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
@Zwill and SFF_lib:

Crazy. I had H3 H37 on the BH, liked it, now playing with H8-80 H37, like it too, feeling the differences, each really has its own, and I was thinking, just days ago, about trying H8 H37 on the BH next. Imagine the delight. Like a dish served on a silver plate. Thanks. Good things happen to me too :)

But SFF_lib, H8-80 H37 is rel. heavy, at least mine, H3 H37 is lighter, I expect H8 H37 will be as Zwill described.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Their mass baffled me too, I was hoping they won't be heavier than 49 and 52g like my H8-80s, but certainly didn't expect they will be as light as T64 or D64... It's a welcome surprise for sure.

I also measured H3 to be generally lighter than H8-80. The commercial orange 40, 41degs are not light also around 50-51g, but the national H3s are surprisingly light (47-48g). I assume the mass of the rubbers are a criteria in the grading of rubbers at DHS.

What I liked in H3N on BH was that metallic sound and the metallic?! feeling it gives when the racket makes that sound. It feels really stable and controlled when it does it. Many people say that H3 is not good at blocking, funnily enough I block with it super well. In fact as a lefty my FH block was not particularly stellar until I started using H3, but it "tought" me how to block well. I noticed blocks coming off of H3 are very disturbing for the opponent and puts a lot of pressure on them. I am hoping H8 will have some of these characteristics while being faster at the same time.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I prefer harder H8 on my BH. I use H8 at 39 degree. It’s a lot more consistent than my H8-80 37.

I understand now.

H8-80 topsheet gets oxidised very quickly and lost its tack. It almost became a T64 kind of feeling. The sponge feels really good but too fast for me

The oxidation happened to me faster than expected too. It worried me initially too, actually. But it was probably not as much as yours, because the tack is still quite OK, holds for couple of secs. So far I am not dissapointed in durability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I understand now.

The oxidation happened to me faster than expected too. It worried me initially too, actually. But it was probably not as much as yours, because the tack is still quite OK, holds for couple of secs. So far I am not dissapointed in durability.

Don't get me wrong tho, after the oxidation it feels really pleasant just like T64. The clicking sound of the #80 sponge becomes more obvious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
@latej, skip it. Normal H8 is not good at all. It's everything I don't like actually. On weak shots it's for sure 15% faster than H3N but on hard shots it's slooooow AF. No metallic feeling to be honest, it's yuck to use. It's not like Aibiss, but I was thinking about that rubber using H8. It's probably worse than Aibiss which is a huge feat in itself.