Dhs h8-80

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
So I'd orderd one which arrived 2 weeks ago already. Boosted it with three layers of Falco long. I was scared I overdid it but the sponge didn't react as strongly as the regular H8 for the forehand side did. Only the corners of the rubber pulled in a little. I put both on a HL5 blade and I have to say my play didn't lose quality coming from a Harimoto ALC with Dignics 05 as a BH rubber. All the offensive strokes were there and felt safe and with enough pace. As a BH oriented player I was always scared to try a tacky rubber on there, but the added control kept me in the game. Hitting winning topspins over at and away from the table was very easy... I like the 8-80 a lot.Â

Did you get the 37 or the 38?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
So I'd orderd one which arrived 2 weeks ago already. Boosted it with three layers of Falco long. I was scared I overdid it but the sponge didn't react as strongly as the regular H8 for the forehand side did. Only the corners of the rubber pulled in a little. I put both on a HL5 blade and I have to say my play didn't lose quality coming from a Harimoto ALC with Dignics 05 as a BH rubber. All the offensive strokes were there and felt safe and with enough pace. As a BH oriented player I was always scared to try a tacky rubber on there, but the added control kept me in the game. Hitting winning topspins over at and away from the table was very easy... I like the 8-80 a lot.Â

Could you please compare the arc to mid-hard Euro/Jap rubbers? Rozena or Tenergy 64/80 would be great. And what about passive game or blocking?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Music&Ping;344687 said:
China has launch a brutal attack on the ESN market hahaha "no more euro made sponge on your backhand side you dirty MF !!!".

Joke put aside, I'm happy to see DHS finally expanding its H8's range, many people have desperatly waited for so long to see that ! hope one day they'll be very effective without boostering them, I' guess that's exactly what they're aiming to since Miss Claudia banned some rubbers from companies having some questionable bonds with booster.

Kinda reminds you of the semi-punk song from...[h1]Die Ärzte - Claudia hat nen Schäferhund[/h1]

Reactions: alas26
This user has no status.

Could you please compare the arc to mid-hard Euro/Jap rubbers? Rozena or Tenergy 64/80 would be great. And what about passive game or blocking?

Â

I have a strong swing on my BH side so European rubbers will give me a great result when I hit it perfectly. Once my timing or swing is off they can overshoot or land in the net due to the non linear character of these rubbers. The grip of the 8-80 and its linear sponge solved this issue for me. So no lightning speed, although very decent it doesn't compare to a Rasanter or Tenergy. It is however very safe and confidence inspiring. I found the arc to be shorter and a little higher than the last Tenergy I tried which was the 19. I played this on a Carbonado 190 though and I landed a lot of flicks in the net. The increased safety, confidence and control reminded me of the Dignics05. Also I very much dislike playing with Tenergy like rubbers for their lack of control in the short game and blocking. With this it is much easier to keep the ball from popping up when pushing. Furthermore the tackiness really helps with blocking. It does soak up a lot of your opponents energy.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
My Sheets of H8-80 arrived today😀!!
Glued them onto a Primorac all wood blade.
31A02FA6-1543-4413-9179-1E0DE6D87C56.jpeg

6FFCD2AC-7599-4826-8C16-0B00C2E707C8.jpeg

Red sheet is 37 degree version, 65 grams uncut, 48 grams cut
Black sheet is 38 degree, 72 grams uncut, 51 grams cut.
Sponge is red, it is not totally smooth, it appears to have ‘micro ridges’ photo not the best, but you can make out the ridges if you zoom in, can’t really feel the ridges very small!!
3D268E58-9DD8-44EA-AD69-89F56E5C5143.jpeg

Both sheets have a tacky feeling top sheet, both held the ball for 2 - 4 seconds, which was shorter than I was expecting considering how tacky they felt. I’ve used H8 hard so I’m expecting the tackiness to wear off somewhat after a week or so, this is when the H8 really started to play well.
Bounce test - both sheets had the same result, 3rd bounce and the ball had ‘stuck’ to the surface. So pretty ‘dead’ feeling.

Didn’t have much time on the table with them this afternoon v robot, but I did get an idea of how they play, bear in mind ‘straight out of the pack’ may play different than a ‘played in’ sheet if they follow what happened with the H8 hard.

Even though the bounce test was pretty dead, for comparison I also used Tau 2 on a Primorac.
Tau 2 has about 6 bounces (it has been played in though) compared to the H8-80’s 3.
when playing FH top spin and loops the H8-80 was only slightly slower and has a lower throw. Spin was similar between Tau 2 and H8-80 pretty high!!
I didn’t really notice much difference between the 37 & 38 degree sponges!!
Tau 2 felt a little softer, but again this could be because it has been played in.
BH and FH flick v backspin and BH and FH loop v backspin took a little getting use to but we’re ok good speed and spin. Tau 2 has a slightly higher throw and felt easier to play with against backspin (but I’m pretty well acquainted with Tau 2)
H8-80 has the low throw sharp drag down loop flight typical of this type of rubber.
Short game play was excellent, serves were very good to.

So initial thoughts are that the H8-80 is a decent rubber, time will see if it improves like the H8 hard did after playing/breaking in.
very good 1st impression !!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Tonight I played with the H8-80 37/38 degree rubbers, mounted on a Primorac all wood.
Recently I have been using Tau 2 on the same blade.
I found it very easy to swap from the Tau 2 to the H8-80, these rubbers are pretty similar in many respects.

Black 38 degree on FH and Red 37 degree on BH
From memory these rubbers felt softer than the H8 mid hard that I have used previously.
I was able to control the ball well for short game pushes and touch play.
Blocking was good and improved with a more active block, a nice ‘solid’ fast block resulted after I changed to a more active block.

I also adjusted my technique slightly to compensate for the side spin opponents were putting on the ball. I would say that a characteristic of this rubber is that is is a little more ‘spin sensitive’ than Tau 2, but once you compensate correctly then YOU can control the ball better. It’s understanding the rubber!!

Serving was good, high spin with the right technique, opponents put many long, in the net or popped up return balls nicely!!!

Both BH and FH top spins were good, looping was very nice!!
In general I would say H8-80 is a little quicker than its H8 mid-hard brother, similar speed to Tau 2.

in general spin levels are pretty high, as you would expect from a DHS H3 / H3Neo / Skyline 3 etc

I played pretty well tonight and really enjoyed playing with H8-80. I liked the slightly softer feel compared to the usual 39-41 degree DHS’s. I have used H3 Neo provincial 37 degree as well, that had a similar softer feeling too,

Another good rubber from the DHS stable!!!

says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
Been trying a 37 degree one on my forehand for the last 2 weeks. Have to say this is the first DHS rubber that felt like I didn’t need to boost it. It’s definitely not the fastest rubber but the sponge is a little more dynamic than the H3 series. Comes very close to a boosted H8 soft in terms of feel but just a tad slower. When you engage the sponge it’s plenty fast though, also much easier to smash or flat hit with due it’s softness. Spin is really good, serves too as is expected from a tacky rubber. It’s main advantage over my usual ESN rubbers is that it’s very easy to loop backspin for me, lots of safety in my shots. Serve receive and the short game is fine too, pushes can be really deadly with this rubber. Counter loops are very spinny and have a big dip in their curve but they can be a little slow sometimes.

So the only downside is that my loops don’t always feel fast enough but I have been using my Nittaku Accoustic to test it on so that can probably be fixed by using a slightly faster blade

Think I might give the 38 degree a shot too to see if there’s a big difference but I usually prefer a softer rubber on my fh. So far a big fan of the H8-80.

Reactions: latej
says Footwork footwork footwork
Would be cool if someone could directly compare it to skyline 3-60 and maybe a boosted H3 variant.

Intrigued!

Anyone have comments on mid-far table counter looping performance? This is the area where I think S3-60 falls short and boosted H3 shines (especially blue sponge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I received a 2nd pair of H8-80 37 and 38 degree versions last week.
The 1st pair are on a Primorac all wood, I been using this set up for a while now, really enjoying playing with this set up, I can change between the Tau 2 Primorac / H8-80 set ups very easily.

The latest pair of H8-80 have been glued to a new all wood blade with Hinoki top ply, Played with this tonight for the 1st time, this set up played very well, similar to the Primorac set up, Didn’t directly compare the Primorac v Hinoki, but I just fell straight in with the ‘familiar’ H8-80, no adjustment required for the new blade!!!

H8-80 or Tau2 ???? Very happy with either!!!

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I received a 2nd pair of H8-80 37 and 38 degree versions last week.
The 1st pair are on a Primorac all wood, I been using this set up for a while now, really enjoying playing with this set up, I can change between the Tau 2 Primorac / H8-80 set ups very easily.

The latest pair of H8-80 have been glued to a new all wood blade with Hinoki top ply, Played with this tonight for the 1st time, this set up played very well, similar to the Primorac set up, Didn’t directly compare the Primorac v Hinoki, but I just fell straight in with the ‘familiar’ H8-80, no adjustment required for the new blade!!!

H8-80 or Tau2 ???? Very happy with either!!!

I play with a boosted H3 41 deg on forehand now. If you have tried this, could you compare to the H8-80? I'm thinking of sponge hardness. Does it feel softer? The TAU II on the other hand is very close to what I like best on my forehand... :)

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

I play with a boosted H3 41 deg on forehand now. If you have tried this, could you compare to the H8-80? I'm thinking of sponge hardness. Does it feel softer? The TAU II on the other hand is very close to what I like best on my forehand... :)

If you like the Tau2 (unboosted) on FH, then H8-80 38 degree should fit the bill very nicely!!
I haven't used any boosted H3's recently, and when I did boost it was with 39/40 degree versions, these felt a little softer than the H8-80, possibly a little faster.
H8-80 is closer to a boosted H3 though!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
If you like the Tau2 (unboosted) on FH, then H8-80 38 degree should fit the bill very nicely!!
I haven't used any boosted H3's recently, and when I did boost it was with 39/40 degree versions, these felt a little softer than the H8-80, possibly a little faster.
H8-80 is closer to a boosted H3 though!!!

Great. Thank you :) I'll go for the 38...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Yesterday I compared tackiness of H8-80 v Tau2, Tau2 had more tackiness, even though sheet was older. Tau2 may have slightly better bounciness as well.
Switching from one to the other is not an issue, they both play pretty similarly !!!

Ok. Well, I'm looking for the kick that I didn't fully got from TAU II. It's there in a boosted H3 41deg, but I'm always keen on trying new stuff in this area of rubbers, so we'll see :)

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Ok. Well, I'm looking for the kick that I didn't fully got from TAU II. It's there in a boosted H3 41deg, but I'm always keen on trying new stuff in this area of rubbers, so we'll see :)

Hopefully you’ll get the DHS kick!!!!!, don’t let the difference in tackiness worry you, the older versions of H8 lost some of their tackiness and then played better as far as I’m concerned!!
For me H8-80 plays better than std H8, plays easier, not quite so much effort needed (as such!!)
I’m hope you like H8-80!,

Reactions: mocker88
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I hopped onto a buddy's purchase and got a sheet of h8-80 37 deg. is the general consensus from everyone here who's tried it that it doesn't require boosting? wanted to try to use it on the bh, currently using xiom omega 7 euro

Hi,
I’ve been using the 37 degree version on BH for about 6 weeks now, un-boosted, 38 degree on FH.
Personally, I don’t have any issues using it un-boosted, that’s not to say that it doesn’t ‘need’ boosting, some players may still prefer to boost H8-80!!

Stick it on un-boosted, give it a go and if you don’t like how it feels you can always remove and apply a couple of layers of booster and see what difference it makes!!

So far this rubber has performed very well, durability seems to be good, tackiness remains pretty much as it was out of the pack, speed is enough, spin high, once again personally I prefer this rubber to H3 Neo.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I got mine from Prott.vip now yesterday, but got fond of the DHS Power G9 blade that I've been trying out with a couple of boosted Yinhe Big Dipper 3 39 (FH) deg & DHS H2N 40 deg (BH). So I ordered another one for my H8-80 38 deg. Don't wanna disturb my other blade now, because of a competition coming up in a couple of weeks now :) So I have to wait another two weeks or so to try it out.