G
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 75 22

User Info Menu

May 2016
    Australia
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Vroonland
    So I'd orderd one which arrived 2 weeks ago already. Boosted it with three layers of Falco long. I was scared I overdid it but the sponge didn't react as strongly as the regular H8 for the forehand side did. Only the corners of the rubber pulled in a little. I put both on a HL5 blade and I have to say my play didn't lose quality coming from a Harimoto ALC with Dignics 05 as a BH rubber. All the offensive strokes were there and felt safe and with enough pace. As a BH oriented player I was always scared to try a tacky rubber on there, but the added control kept me in the game. Hitting winning topspins over at and away from the table was very easy... I like the 8-80 a lot.Â

Did you get the 37 or the 38?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 4
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 4 0

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Vroonland
    So I'd orderd one which arrived 2 weeks ago already. Boosted it with three layers of Falco long. I was scared I overdid it but the sponge didn't react as strongly as the regular H8 for the forehand side did. Only the corners of the rubber pulled in a little. I put both on a HL5 blade and I have to say my play didn't lose quality coming from a Harimoto ALC with Dignics 05 as a BH rubber. All the offensive strokes were there and felt safe and with enough pace. As a BH oriented player I was always scared to try a tacky rubber on there, but the added control kept me in the game. Hitting winning topspins over at and away from the table was very easy... I like the 8-80 a lot.Â

Could you please compare the arc to mid-hard Euro/Jap rubbers? Rozena or Tenergy 64/80 would be great. And what about passive game or blocking?

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 10,893 10,630
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 10,630 10,893

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Music&Ping
    China has launch a brutal attack on the ESN market hahaha "no more euro made sponge on your backhand side you dirty MF !!!".

Joke put aside, I'm happy to see DHS finally expanding its H8's range, many people have desperatly waited for so long to see that ! hope one day they'll be very effective without boostering them, I' guess that's exactly what they're aiming to since Miss Claudia banned some rubbers from companies having some questionable bonds with booster.
    Kinda reminds you of the semi-punk song from...[h1]Die Ärzte - Claudia hat nen Schäferhund[/h1]
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 41
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 41 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gekogark1212

Did you get the 37 or the 38?

Â

I got the 37

This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 41
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 41 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillgurke

Could you please compare the arc to mid-hard Euro/Jap rubbers? Rozena or Tenergy 64/80 would be great. And what about passive game or blocking?

Â

I have a strong swing on my BH side so European rubbers will give me a great result when I hit it perfectly. Once my timing or swing is off they can overshoot or land in the net due to the non linear character of these rubbers. The grip of the 8-80 and its linear sponge solved this issue for me. So no lightning speed, although very decent it doesn't compare to a Rasanter or Tenergy. It is however very safe and confidence inspiring. I found the arc to be shorter and a little higher than the last Tenergy I tried which was the 19. I played this on a Carbonado 190 though and I landed a lot of flicks in the net. The increased safety, confidence and control reminded me of the Dignics05. Also I very much dislike playing with Tenergy like rubbers for their lack of control in the short game and blocking. With this it is much easier to keep the ball from popping up when pushing. Furthermore the tackiness really helps with blocking. It does soak up a lot of your opponents energy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12