Dhs h8-80

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015

It's actually very similar to Lidu or Dianchi glue just has a lot more viscosity. It is supposed to be a decent glue, I'd probably rate it as 3rd best after Nittaku Finezip and DHS No 15. I have used it in the past and it was fine.

But doing this to a H8-80 is horrible, I don't even. Chinese sponges are so strong and they let you remove glue layers so easily. I feel disgusted.

lol sorry to "disgust" you but i personally think it's a quality control issue with h8-80, no other rubbers i have used have disintegrated on me when removing, especially only after a first glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

lol sorry to "disgust" you but i personally think it's a quality control issue with h8-80, no other rubbers i have used have disintegrated on me when removing, especially only after a first glue

It could be some defect. I also had a red sheet of H8-80 and my experience was that the glue stuck to the blade instead of the sponge when removing. I can take off the rubber without any glue remaining on the sponge. Obviously I never had the defect you experienced and I have at least re-glued my H8-80 5-6 times. I bought a black one as well, it's a damn good rubber and sponge as well. I have only used it with DHS no 15 glue, I have great experience with that glue, it can be peeled off even from MX-P with great success, which is a super big pored rubber that likes to chip away when you try to remove the glue from the sponge.

Anyways, since I've been playing with D09c, D64 and Double Fish Qiji lately I just had an urge to make a setup with H8-80. Just after gluing them, one black with 38 deg hardness and one red sheet with 37deg they feel softer than both D09c and D64. They don't seem to be much slower than D09c just bouncing a ball. They are more tacky for sure but actually the topsheet feels similarly stretchy as D09c. Well they need to be tested in actual game tho... I have played with the red 37deg sheet before trying any Dignics and it felt transparent but hard. I found the topsheet to be a very sensitive to spin on passive play. On active play it was super forgiving, typical Chinese characteristic I guess. So after Dignics is feels soft I guess it will be more interesting to try it.
If I remember well I used the red sheet together with a Tibhar K2 on my FH and if I twiddled H8-80 on the FH it felt significantly more spinny. My teammates and I have immediately realized the difference. But H8-80 requires different technique compared to K2. It's not an analogue change.

I simp for DHS rubbers actually, so I wouldn't mind not using Dignics at all.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

It could be some defect. I also had a red sheet of H8-80 and my experience was that the glue stuck to the blade instead of the sponge when removing. I can take off the rubber without any glue remaining on the sponge. Obviously I never had the defect you experienced and I have at least re-glued my H8-80 5-6 times. I bought a black one as well, it's a damn good rubber and sponge as well. I have only used it with DHS no 15 glue, I have great experience with that glue, it can be peeled off even from MX-P with great success, which is a super big pored rubber that likes to chip away when you try to remove the glue from the sponge.

Anyways, since I've been playing with D09c, D64 and Double Fish Qiji lately I just had an urge to make a setup with H8-80. Just after gluing them, one black with 38 deg hardness and one red sheet with 37deg they feel softer than both D09c and D64. They don't seem to be much slower than D09c just bouncing a ball. They are more tacky for sure but actually the topsheet feels similarly stretchy as D09c. Well they need to be tested in actual game tho... I have played with the red 37deg sheet before trying any Dignics and it felt transparent but hard. I found the topsheet to be a very sensitive to spin on passive play. On active play it was super forgiving, typical Chinese characteristic I guess. So after Dignics is feels soft I guess it will be more interesting to try it.
If I remember well I used the red sheet together with a Tibhar K2 on my FH and if I twiddled H8-80 on the FH it felt significantly more spinny. My teammates and I have immediately realized the difference. But H8-80 requires different technique compared to K2. It's not an analogue change.

I simp for DHS rubbers actually, so I wouldn't mind not using Dignics at all.

I’m about to try H8-80 red 38 on my BH and was trying to compare sponge hardness with my current Donic bluefire M1 - it seems like the BF is 47.5 deg or so on euro scale and the H8-80 3h converts to a little more than that so it’s harder - I thought it would be softer so was a little surprised.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yes, I think H8-80 is harder than a bluefire M1 or any other 47.5deg ESN sheet. I think ESN tries to position 47.5deg to Butterfly 36deg (as tenergy) but I think ESN is softer than that. 47.5deg almost feels like Rozena or maybe even a touch softer in some cases... The 50 deg ESN sheets feel more close to Tenergy hardness, and H8-80 is harder than Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Yes, I think H8-80 is harder than a bluefire M1 or any other 47.5deg ESN sheet. I think ESN tries to position 47.5deg to Butterfly 36deg (as tenergy) but I think ESN is softer than that. 47.5deg almost feels like Rozena or maybe even a touch softer in some cases... The 50 deg ESN sheets feel more close to Tenergy hardness, and H8-80 is harder than Tenergy.

Makes sense, but I presume compared to H3, 8-80 is much friendlier on BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Makes sense, but I presume compared to H3, 8-80 is much friendlier on BH?

It's faster for sure and easier to use than H3. But H3 on backhand is very stable. Good touch game, great for spin control, toxic opening loops on BH which enables you to pivot and kill the 4th, 5th ball. H8-80 you need to get used to. It makes more spin on light shots has higher arc too, so I would say it's better on BH. For a few training sessions it will feel weird especially coming off from a ESN or Tenergy style rubber. Touch play with H8 is very sensitive if you touch the ball gently like with a bouncy rubber you will push a lot into the net. But one gets used to it after a while.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yeah, H8-80 is totally a natural switch from D09c on FH. Bit slower, not as stretchy as D09c, not nearly as bouncy. The 38 deg black sheet kinda feels like a new D09c regarding hardness. D09c did soften up a bit over time, I guess H8-80 will also do something similar as Chinese rubbers tend to have a break in period.
Interestingly on just flat hits H8-80 is better than D09c. More stable, hits down on the blade easier and more consistently. Usually Chinese rubbers are not particularly good on flat hits. This one is fine.
I'm not sure about the spin tho, it seems super spinny. It can make a similar arch as D09c, but doesn't have that speed so I guess it's not as spinny. But it's not lacking.
For incoming spin it's more sensitive, it blocks topspins back at a higher angle than D09c, not as forgiving on racket angle as D09c, but after some adjustment it was fine. I didn't struggle with it at all.
Opening loops were a bit of a hard one. Using the D09c movement it was usable, but not so dangerous, which is why I'm a bit torn on the spin. The sponge doesn't have the bounce by itself so if you just use the sponge and rubber it's kinda lackluster. I found on opening loops it's better to just open the racket angle even more than with D09c and try to hit down on the blade as well. That way it was much better. It makes a high arch so it works out magically. D09c is also usable this way so it wasn't a foreign technique. Playing directly and forward is rewarded with both rubbers.
I do have a gripe with D09c on opening loops. It can hold the ball a bit too long and sometimes that "floats" the ball long for me. H8-80 didn't do that so far.
Over the table play is vastly superior with H8-80. Ball can be kept closer to the net, service receive is more stable, flicks are much better. I really love Chinese rubbers for flicks, they are just so direct and reliable, while Euro-Jap rubbers tend to have a mind of their own sometimes.

On BH it was a bigger change. Compared to D64 it's slower without a question. But not slow compared to a "normal" rubber. The 37deg is a bit bouncier, easier to use on BH. D64 totally has a mind of it's own sometimes. The topsheet and the sponge are not very in sync on weak shots and sometimes it shoots the ball long, sometimes it feels just right. If you hit hard it doesn't do this but weak hits it's a crapshoot. H8-80 doesn't do this, on a VIS speed blade it is fast enough to put enough pressure on the opponent even from a relatively weak hit. I guess everything applies to it which I mentioned for forehand. It has more spin than D64 for sure, but also needs to be hit down on the blade. Open racket angle was surprisingly rewarding, heavily cut balls could be pulled up very well. Open angle and hit down on the blade, this is totally the most important thing about it. If you have this everything can be pulled up.
The sponge is dull enough to soak up some heavy topspins and even flat hits. I'm a lefty so I get a lot on my BH.

Does Dignics with double the cost? Kinda... but depends. Dignics is lighter. 09c is like 10% lighter, that is significant. D64 is like 10% lighter than D09c. So if you want a light setup unfortunately Butterfly is still far the best. Possibly D09c has more spin, definitely more bounce, more speed from back court.
On the other hand H8-80 is better over the table and is not too shabby from back either. It seems more dependable too, it won't overwrite your shot with some weird catapult effect.

I used my Nexy Eucrasia to test H8-80, gonna leave them on, it's a good combo. A Viscaria would be a good option too. I wouldn't use anything much slower opr flexier tho. Something faster might be a good idea. Since D09c and H8-80 make a tall arch and they are both good when they hit down on the blade I would use a stiffer blade. Just like the Eucrasia is stiffer than a VIS, or maybe the Tibhar Drinkhall powerspin carbon, Ovtcharov ALC, Carbonado 245/290, I wouldn't rule out the Garaydia or Primorac carbon as a good combo. Hinoki has a good grip, I think it could work exceptionally well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Yeah, H8-80 is totally a natural switch from D09c on FH. Bit slower, not as stretchy as D09c, not nearly as bouncy. The 38 deg black sheet kinda feels like a new D09c regarding hardness. D09c did soften up a bit over time, I guess H8-80 will also do something similar as Chinese rubbers tend to have a break in period.
Interestingly on just flat hits H8-80 is better than D09c. More stable, hits down on the blade easier and more consistently. Usually Chinese rubbers are not particularly good on flat hits. This one is fine.
I'm not sure about the spin tho, it seems super spinny. It can make a similar arch as D09c, but doesn't have that speed so I guess it's not as spinny. But it's not lacking.
For incoming spin it's more sensitive, it blocks topspins back at a higher angle than D09c, not as forgiving on racket angle as D09c, but after some adjustment it was fine. I didn't struggle with it at all.
Opening loops were a bit of a hard one. Using the D09c movement it was usable, but not so dangerous, which is why I'm a bit torn on the spin. The sponge doesn't have the bounce by itself so if you just use the sponge and rubber it's kinda lackluster. I found on opening loops it's better to just open the racket angle even more than with D09c and try to hit down on the blade as well. That way it was much better. It makes a high arch so it works out magically. D09c is also usable this way so it wasn't a foreign technique. Playing directly and forward is rewarded with both rubbers.
I do have a gripe with D09c on opening loops. It can hold the ball a bit too long and sometimes that "floats" the ball long for me. H8-80 didn't do that so far.
Over the table play is vastly superior with H8-80. Ball can be kept closer to the net, service receive is more stable, flicks are much better. I really love Chinese rubbers for flicks, they are just so direct and reliable, while Euro-Jap rubbers tend to have a mind of their own sometimes.

On BH it was a bigger change. Compared to D64 it's slower without a question. But not slow compared to a "normal" rubber. The 37deg is a bit bouncier, easier to use on BH. D64 totally has a mind of it's own sometimes. The topsheet and the sponge are not very in sync on weak shots and sometimes it shoots the ball long, sometimes it feels just right. If you hit hard it doesn't do this but weak hits it's a crapshoot. H8-80 doesn't do this, on a VIS speed blade it is fast enough to put enough pressure on the opponent even from a relatively weak hit. I guess everything applies to it which I mentioned for forehand. It has more spin than D64 for sure, but also needs to be hit down on the blade. Open racket angle was surprisingly rewarding, heavily cut balls could be pulled up very well. Open angle and hit down on the blade, this is totally the most important thing about it. If you have this everything can be pulled up.
The sponge is dull enough to soak up some heavy topspins and even flat hits. I'm a lefty so I get a lot on my BH.

Does Dignics with double the cost? Kinda... but depends. Dignics is lighter. 09c is like 10% lighter, that is significant. D64 is like 10% lighter than D09c. So if you want a light setup unfortunately Butterfly is still far the best. Possibly D09c has more spin, definitely more bounce, more speed from back court.
On the other hand H8-80 is better over the table and is not too shabby from back either. It seems more dependable too, it won't overwrite your shot with some weird catapult effect.

I used my Nexy Eucrasia to test H8-80, gonna leave them on, it's a good combo. A Viscaria would be a good option too. I wouldn't use anything much slower opr flexier tho. Something faster might be a good idea. Since D09c and H8-80 make a tall arch and they are both good when they hit down on the blade I would use a stiffer blade. Just like the Eucrasia is stiffer than a VIS, or maybe the Tibhar Drinkhall powerspin carbon, Ovtcharov ALC, Carbonado 245/290, I wouldn't rule out the Garaydia or Primorac carbon as a good combo. Hinoki has a good grip, I think it could work exceptionally well.

That’s super helpful, thanks very much.

Tonight I tried my 38 deg red 8-80 on BH with H3 pro 40 deg BS on FH - blade is Long 5x.

I was super impressed with the 8-80 - I hit a lot of backhands and BH drills tonight at varying pace and was pleasantly surprised with the speed I could generate but also the control in my touch play. Sounds great too, especially when you hit through that sponge.

my first impressions are a great rubber for me on the long 5x.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
...Interestingly on just flat hits H8-80 is better than D09c. More stable, hits down on the blade easier and more consistently. Usually Chinese rubbers are not particularly good on flat hits. This one is fine.
Just some additional thoughts from a H3 user...H8-80 37 is definitely better than H3 for flat hits on FH and not really worse than ESN rubbers. My only complaint/reason why I will not use H8-80 on FH is that I can't force some shots down on the table that work with a H3 (Patrick Hrdlicka remarked something similar about the 38° H8-80 https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-hurricane-8-80). Maybe a harder sponged H8-80 with 39° oder even 40° would solve this but that would be a very heavy rubber...Nonetheless it is a great rubber for someone wanting to try Chinese rubbers on FH but doesn't want to boost or break in rubbers like H3 or for H3 users that want something softer, where speed is easier unlocked and/or who don't need the higher spin that's possible with a H3.Will be interesting to see how the different sponges (22, 20 and 80) behave with the new topsheet when DHS releases the Hurricane 9.
...On BH it was a bigger change. Compared to D64 it's slower without a question. But not slow compared to a "normal" rubber. The 37deg is a bit bouncier, easier to use on BH. D64 totally has a mind of it's own sometimes.
That was and still is my impression especially with FastArc G-1 and C-1 on my BH... these rubbers want to be played in one and only one way but not how the user (at least me) wants to play with them. Not so with the H8-80 after getting used to it.
The topsheet and the sponge are not very in sync on weak shots and sometimes it shoots the ball long, sometimes it feels just right. If you hit hard it doesn't do this but weak hits it's a crapshoot. H8-80 doesn't do this, on a VIS speed blade it is fast enough to put enough pressure on the opponent even from a relatively weak hit. I guess everything applies to it which I mentioned for forehand. It has more spin than D64 for sure, but also needs to be hit down on the blade. Open racket angle was surprisingly rewarding, heavily cut balls could be pulled up very well. Open angle and hit down on the blade, this is totally the most important thing about it. If you have this everything can be pulled up.The sponge is dull enough to soak up some heavy topspins and even flat hits. I'm a lefty so I get a lot on my BH.
Same here (although not a lefty I get many balls to my BH because many opponents think that this is my weak side...). If your blade is fast enough or you're used to hit harder/a bit through the ball and into the sponge the H8-80 does neither lack speed nor spin. Although, for my liking, it could have a bit more speed/bounciness on low impact strokes. Spin sensitivity was quite high compared to a Vega Asia (fresh sheet and the first rubber that I compared the H8-80 to on my Hinotec Off-) in the first two training sessions even when compared to a boosted Hurricane 3 37 but not for long... Next ESN rubbers were BlueStorm Z2 and FastArc C-1 (the last usable ESN rubbers I had at hand): Z2 was less spin sensitive but not the C-1. Aggressive pushes were easier to do with the H8-80 than with the C-1 or Z2 as was the short game in general. Serves where easier to keep short and spinny, flicks were stable, and so on. It simply felt natural after adapting and I could play as I wanted to play. Just be a tiny bit more active when pushing, flicking or blocking etc.

In short: It is (for me/my backhand) fast enough, has the grip and spin that I need when thinly brushing, doesn't lack the low gears like many ESN rubbers (a H3 37 is still better in the short game but needs way more effort for the high gears) and most importantly: it is stable and reliable. It just does what I want. And as a bonus it is very durable. After three months the topsheet looks like crap and the sponge lost some quite substantial pieces at the edge but it still plays good. Unboosted...For the next training sessions this sheet will be boosted...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Just some additional thoughts from a H3 user...H8-80 37 is definitely better than H3 for flat hits on FH and not really worse than ESN rubbers. My only complaint/reason why I will not use H8-80 on FH is that I can't force some shots down on the table that work with a H3 (Patrick Hrdlicka remarked something similar about the 38° H8-80 https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-hurricane-8-80). Maybe a harder sponged H8-80 with 39° oder even 40° would solve this but that would be a very heavy rubber...Nonetheless it is a great rubber for someone wanting to try Chinese rubbers on FH but doesn't want to boost or break in rubbers like H3 or for H3 users that want something softer, where speed is easier unlocked and/or who don't need the higher spin that's possible with a H3.Will be interesting to see how the different sponges (22, 20 and 80) behave with the new topsheet when DHS releases the Hurricane 9.

That was and still is my impression especially with FastArc G-1 and C-1 on my BH... these rubbers want to be played in one and only one way but not how the user (at least me) wants to play with them. Not so with the H8-80 after getting used to it.

Same here (although not a lefty I get many balls to my BH because many opponents think that this is my weak side...). If your blade is fast enough or you're used to hit harder/a bit through the ball and into the sponge the H8-80 does neither lack speed nor spin. Although, for my liking, it could have a bit more speed/bounciness on low impact strokes. Spin sensitivity was quite high compared to a Vega Asia (fresh sheet and the first rubber that I compared the H8-80 to on my Hinotec Off-) in the first two training sessions even when compared to a boosted Hurricane 3 37 but not for long... Next ESN rubbers were BlueStorm Z2 and FastArc C-1 (the last usable ESN rubbers I had at hand): Z2 was less spin sensitive but not the C-1. Aggressive pushes were easier to do with the H8-80 than with the C-1 or Z2 as was the short game in general. Serves where easier to keep short and spinny, flicks were stable, and so on. It simply felt natural after adapting and I could play as I wanted to play. Just be a tiny bit more active when pushing, flicking or blocking etc.

In short: It is (for me/my backhand) fast enough, has the grip and spin that I need when thinly brushing, doesn't lack the low gears like many ESN rubbers (a H3 37 is still better in the short game but needs way more effort for the high gears) and most importantly: it is stable and reliable. It just does what I want. And as a bonus it is very durable. After three months the topsheet looks like crap and the sponge lost some quite substantial pieces at the edge but it still plays good. Unboosted...For the next training sessions this sheet will be boosted...

Pretty much can confirm everything.

The problem for the fh is the higher arc and lower rotation you can generate with it. While the 8-80 has a higher throw than the H3 you cant bring the ball down fast enough so it goes too wide for the fh. I mean if you hit weaker and are used to ESN on fh you might not have the problem.
In my case i missed many many many down the line topspins/finishers and found it hard to getting used to the angle i had to hold my racket to perform strong shots.

For myself i settled the 8-80 on my bh too, because it is fast enough, i get decent control with it and thanks to its tackiness i can play a strong shortgame with it. So overall i get a really strong package for 30€.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think H8-80 works better with relatively hard and stiff blades. I would consider a Viscaria or that type of blade a relatively stiff and hard.
A typical VIS is around 1450Hz give or thake a few dozen Hz, on my Ice Cream AZX (which is kind of similar, just at 1550Hz) it is really good pairing on the ALC side. As I said before it is very rewarding on both sides if you can hit down on the blade and it's easier to do it on a hard and stiff blade. Put this on a very flexy blade and the blade will just flex away and vibrate. I can't imagine that to be any good.
Also a koto surface has the benefit of being pretty direct, it doesn't lift the ball much, which works well with H8-80 since this sheet can lift balls exceptionally.

What is really good that it is more stable to use against defenders or pips users than let's say a typical tensor rubber. It doesn't drop the ball in the net like tensor rubbers. At some point agianst pips everyone will thow some half-high balls and if it's smashed with pips it is super difficult to return with a tensor rubber. You would need to counter it with a topspin or at least a proper drive, but pips are very fast and have no curve so you don't have time for that. If you try to block with a tensor it will go in the net. H8-80 is very stable, it will not block the ball in the net.
Against long pips defenders if you do very spinny open ups they will curse and not understand why their chops are floating long all the time. And even if you get a high ball with super stong underspin you can smash it with H8-80, but it has to be a powerful smash, if it's half assed of course it will end up in the net.

Durability is very good too, just like some H3 can last for years, I experct this to last for a year at least. It's built like a tank.
With hurricanes even if you catch the corner of the table it is very unlikely that you will rip the topsheet. You can just buff out the mark lol.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I will just quote you to catch your attention
Double Fish Qiji do you can elaborate about the rubber with your style which is very good for someone who knows something and want more, comparison of different rubbers etc.
or do you make review and something escapes me

I understand that koto outer artificial material is better for chinese rubbers because with limba sometimes the arc is too high or too long and passive strokes are very safe

Check here. If you have questions go ham.

I think limba is just too soft and slow down the ball too much. And with H8-80 you really don't need any more lifting by the blade, just a blade that pings the ball forward and H8-80 will take care of the arc.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
First session with my slightly boosted H8-80 37 (very thin layer/what was left in the Seamoon bottle): even better. Just that bit more lively/bouncy without being to soft or mushy. Quite loud on harder shots. Don't know why I didn't notice that before or if it got loud(er) because of that boosting...
Now I only have to convince my inner EJ to stop telling me to test Nexy Etika and Mizuno Q Quality ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
H8-80 37 vs H3 37? Good question... I'm not sure if I have used the same amount of booster for the first layer nor can I rule out that the Seamoon remnants I used on the H8-80 had a weaker/stronger effect...

H8-80 reacted a bit more to boosting than H3Neo H37, but not dramatically more. So harder H3, like e.g. H41, reacts more to boosting than H8-80. Note that H8-80 is a bit heavier, 72g uncut vs 63g for H3Neo H37.