Is it time for a faster blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
OP, looking at your video I have the impression that you have an excellent speed and power with your current setup. You need to impove other aspects of your game, not the speed....and you definitely need more experience against better players than your opponent from the video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
It is true, other people are entitled to have a different opinion.

Thanks for granting that, Carl, that's very kind. ;) Indeed I think that calling standard 5-ply all wood offensive blades like Korbel or Rosewood "dangerous" for the development of (lower) intermediate players is an example for being overly cautious. Nothing bad would happen certainly. Anyhow, by now OP is probably so frightened that he will not change his blade for the next four years. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Thanks for granting that, Carl, that's very kind. ;) Indeed I think that calling standard 5-ply all wood offensive blades like Korbel or Rosewood "dangerous" for the development of (lower) intermediate players is an example for being overly cautious. Nothing bad would happen certainly. Anyhow, by now OP is probably so frightened that he will not change his blade for the next four years. :)

I understand all of you guys and I know why carl doesn’t want me changing blades he doesn’t want me to slow my progress down and sees that I am training to imrove seriously and blade is nothing tbh compared to skill the guy that I play in the video is playing with off+ carbon blade and fast rubber and I am playing with allround classic with chinese rubber and my ball has soo much more quality and is faster so I understand all of you and thanks for the good feedback.

This user has no status.
I'm playing with Yasaka Malin carbon, FH rakza 7, BH Donic Baracuda. It's my first pro set up blade. I found my style is very aggressive and the forehand has this beautiful crisp sound when I lower my body a lot (1'8m). It does give trouble to many players because of the speed but I find hard to close the bat angle to give even more topspin to my shots. Any drills or training recommendation? I'm an European living in China so I play every day 1-2 hours at least against different styles. Recently got admitted in a neighborhood club because of my forehand speed I guess.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I'm playing with yasaka Malin carbon, FH rakza 7, BH Sonic Baracuda. It's my first pro set up blade. I found my style is very aggressive and the forehand has this beautiful crisp sound when I lower my body a lot (1'8m). It does give trouble to many players because of the speed but I find hard to close the bat angle to give even more topspin to my shots. Any drills or training recommendation? I'm an European living in China so I play every day 1-2 hours at least against different styles. Recently got admitted in a neighborhood club because of my forehand speed I guess.
Next Chinese new year I'm thinking in Xiom Hugo Calderano Carbo light OFF+. Rubber recommendations? I can also topspin hard with my BH, but confidence is not always there, shots far from table are difficult. I love heavy sidespin topspin serve, quick block and chop with Baracuda BH rubber.