Back to Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 469 892
    I
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 892 469
    Quote Originally Posted by Basillius Calvin
    Pretty interesting. Another 'made in china' rubber aside from Stiga Genesis series (don't know about other brands though 😂😂😂), and ESN 57.5, seems to be good alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo 😍😍😍 or perhaps, a 'play-thing' when boredom of always using the same rubber strikes. I sometimes got a little bit of curiosity when non chinese brands release rubbers which is introduced as 'hard', 'sticky', 'made in china' 🙊🙊🙊

Regarding sponge hardness, how is it compared to Hurricane 3 Neo?
    TD sponge is 57 degrees ESN H3 Neo 41 degree comes in at 54ish degrees ESN
    TE = 55 degrees ESN so about the same as a 41degree H3 Neo
    TD tackiness => than H3 Neo
    TE tackiness < than H3 Neo

This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 61
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 61 29
    Tested the TDE on a Goriki Danshi today. I won't say much about it yet, but all I can say for the moment is that I'm a little bit disapointed. When I removed the plastic cover, the ball sticks for a very long time to the sheet. But after a ~2h30 hours session, it sticks just a little bit, like the Xiom Tau 2. And after some cleaning, the tackiness was improved a little bit but not the same as when the rubber was brand new...

This user has no status.

I
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinforzando
    Tested the TDE on a Goriki Danshi today. I won't say much about it yet, but all I can say for the moment is that I'm a little bit disapointed. When I removed the plastic cover, the ball sticks for a very long time to the sheet. But after a ~2h30 hours session, it sticks just a little bit, like the Xiom Tau 2. And after some cleaning, the tackiness was improved a little bit but not the same as when the rubber was brand new...
    Strange, my sheet is still as sticky as it was new!!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 61
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 61 29
    Weird. After one night in the case with a nittaku adhesive protector sheet the stickiness of the TDE has become brand new again.
    Does the protector sheet gives back the original stickiness ? Maybe.

Edit: A bit weird. My Xiom Tau 2 which is protected by the same Nittaku sheet has now the same tackiness as the TDE when I remove the sheet...
    I'm completely lost 😂
    My Bluefire Jp01 Turbo (eu rubber, 0% tackiness) is also a liltle bit tacky when I remove the sheet...
    Last edited by Rinforzando; 06-14-2021 at 07:51 PM. Reason: More info

This user has no status.

I
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinforzando
    Weird. After one night in the case with a nittaku adhesive protector sheet the stickiness of the TDE has become brand new again.
    Does the protector sheet gives back the original stickiness ? Maybe.

Edit: A bit weird. My Xiom Tau 2 which is protected by the same Nittaku sheet has now the same tackiness as the TDE when I remove the sheet...
    I'm completely lost 😂
    My Bluefire Jp01 Turbo (eu rubber, 0% tackiness) is also a liltle bit tacky when I remove the sheet...
    Could be that some of the stickiness from the protector sheet is sticking to the rubber??
    I always clean my rubbers before I start playing, regardless if I cleaned them at the end of the previous session and covered with a protective sheet.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 61
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 61 29
    After cleaning it and doing the stickiness test, it appears that the stickiness of the TDE is more or less than the stickiness of a brand new Xiom Tau 2. Strange.
    At my club, the humidity is so high that the TDE has 0% of stickiness. It's like a non tacky rubber. I hate summer... 😂
    At least I can get some spin with it. Some of my teammates rubbers are the same as antitop rubbers lol
    Last edited by Rinforzando; 06-16-2021 at 08:44 PM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 42 444
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 444 42
    my sheet of triple double extra the topsheet detached after about 27 hours of play? has that happened with you guys? other then that loved the rubber

This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 61
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 61 29
    Have 30+ hours with it and no problem at all. The only concern is that there isn't any tackiness left despite taking care of it after every use

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 38
    G
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 38 8
    My TDE lost tack in about 30 minutes - med-low humidity... $50 rubber very disappointed..... I'll stick with H3N prov blue sponge.

This user has no status.

I
    This user has no status.

I haven’t played with the TDE for about 4 or 5 weeks now, I’ll check my sheet today to see what the tackiness is like.
    I played last Monday using H8-80, the weather here in England hasn’t been very hot, but it’s muggy’ with highish humidity. Monday was the first time I noticed that the rubbers were starting to show signs of condensation!!! A quick wipe and they still played ok. Took longer for them to ‘dry’ after cleaning as well.
    I think that as a ‘loose’ general observation, a lot of tacky rubbers, be they ‘Hybrid’ characteristic or Tacky H3 type rubbers, there can be a drop off in tackiness.
    I have noticed this with the following rubbers-

Tau 2
    H8 mid hard
    H3Neo provincial orange sponge
    H3Neo commercial versions
    Rakza Z
    Skyline 3 provincial blue sponge
    Victas DE
    Loki Arthur Asia/Europe
    Donic Bluegrip V1&C2
    H3 National blue sponge
    Golden Tango&Golden Tango PS
    and maybe a couple more that I can’t remember!!!

I actually now expect there to be some loss of tackiness!!

I have only tried 1 sheet of H3 commercial version, which is meant to have passed the least stringent DHS quality control checks, and can therefore vary in quality. But this sheet has and had more tackiness than any of the other H3 versions I have used!!! A year later and the ball is still held for a long time!!
    A general observation would be that possibility DHS rubbers loose less tackiness over time than their Euro/Jap competitors.
    Last edited by IB66; 07-10-2021 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 61
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 61 29
    Mystery resolved ! It appears that the tackiness of the TDE depends on the ball used (see video)
    With a Nittaku Premium 3*, it sticks like hell even after +30 hours of play. But with a Neottec Neoplast, it sticks only a little bit.

Last edited by Rinforzando; 07-10-2021 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added more info

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 278 432
    T
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 432 278

User Info Menu

Jan 2020
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews
    That probably explains why non of my H3 isn’t as tacky as people say, although all of them are visibly tackier than Rakza Z. One thing I know for sure: the prov versions are quite consistent whereas the commercial tends to be way too tacky and varies a lot.

says Needs more systematic training

TTD Member 50 92
    T

TTD Member 92 50
    Quote Originally Posted by latej
    It's spreading, the hybrid virus, dangerously quick. But I'm immune. My vaccine is H3. Works quadruple triple mega-extra, when boosted.
    After a couple of training sessions and matches with a TE (2.0 mm, black) my conclusion is: I'm still immune to the hybrid virus but not to the EJ virus... In short:
    - Tackiness: Way below H3 and somewhat below Rakza Z
    - Topsheet: Softer and more elastic than H3 and Rakza Z.
    - Sponge: Harder than my 39° and 40° H3(N)s
    - Weight: Cut to 157 mm x 150 mm with three layers Revolution 48g - 49g
    - Short game/serves: Had to adapt quite a bit but in matches when you're e,g. not as focused as one should be serves/returns have less spin and tend to go long(er) than with a H3 although the TE feels a little bit less spin sensitive and the TE seems to dislike (very) thin contacts.
    - Blocks especially against topspins loaded with much side spin were easier to do as were flat hits.
    - Topspins: OK, not the top end spin that can be achieved with a H3 but not bad. Trajectory slightly longer and thankfully not as high as with a Rakza Z and not as low as with e.g. a Battle 2 or Sanwei Target. It seemed that I could generate speed further away from the table a little bit easier.
    Not a bad rubber at all but for me it is not a H3(N) replacement.

Last edited by ttarc; 07-12-2021 at 08:08 PM.

This user has no status.

I
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ttarc
    After a couple of training sessions and matches with a TE (2.0 mm, black) my conclusion is: I'm still immune to the hybrid virus but not to the EJ virus... In short:
    - Tackiness: Way below H3 and somewhat below Rakza Z
    - Topsheet: Softer and more elastic than H3 and Rakza Z.
    - Sponge: Harder than my 39° and 40° H3(N)s
    - Weight: Cut to 157 mm x 150 mm with three layers Revolution 48g - 49g
    - Short game/serves: Had to adapt quite a bit but in matches when you're e,g. not as focused as one should be serves/returns have less spin and tend to go long(er) than with a H3 although the TE feels a little bit less spin sensitive and the TE seems to dislike (very) thin contacts.
    - Blocks especially against topspins loaded with much side spin were easier to do as were flat hits.
    - Topspins: OK, not the top end spin that can be achieved with a H3 but not bad. Trajectory slightly longer and thankfully not as high as with a Rakza Z and not as low as with e.g. a Battle 2 or Sanwei Target. It seemed that I could generate speed further away from the table a little bit easier.
    Not a bad rubber at all but for me it is not a H3(N) replacement.

Hi ttarc,

what are the rubbers in the photo?

TTD Member 50 92
    T

TTD Member 92 50
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Hi ttarc,

what are the rubbers in the photo?

H3 orange sponge, creamy-white = Rakza Z, black = TE

The Following User Likes ttarc's Post:

Tango K

This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 31
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 31 5

User Info Menu

Jul 2021
    China
    Read 5 Reviews
    "TRIPLE Double Extra uses a new technology of hardened sponge and super sticky Chinese top sheet, which can generate greater power and rotation."
    Found a review of Victas Triple Double Extra

The Following 2 Users Like Tim Boll's Post:

Rinforzando and ttarc

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 43 101
    M
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 101 43

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Any rubbers similar to TDE? I liked the rubber a lot but after a few training sessions the rubber releases from the sponge in the middle where you hit the ball.
    This happened for me and got replacement and it happened again after maybe 5-10 hours.

Really liked it but seems like poor quality?

This user has no status.

I
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Murre5
    Any rubbers similar to TDE? I liked the rubber a lot but after a few training sessions the rubber releases from the sponge in the middle where you hit the ball.
    This happened for me and got replacement and it happened again after maybe 5-10 hours.

Really liked it but seems like poor quality?

That’s a bad issue, Hopefully Victas are looking into it.
    As far similar rubbers, H3Neo and other DHS rubbers, H8-80 has a tad more bounce, is possibly more like a boosted H3Neo. Xiom Tau 2 is also very good.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 61
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 61 29
    Xiom Tau 2 really good. A little bit bouncier than TDE and a tad softer but it still remains more chinese than european in sensations.
    Same happened for me with the TDE. On the french forum, another guy experienced the same with the poor durability. It's a shame because the rubber was exceptional.
    Mine is still playable, I guess I'll finish it then move definitely on the Tau 2

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 43 101
    M
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 101 43

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    I'm trying to search for Xiom Tau 2 but it doesn't seem like anyone is selling it anymore?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12