Victas Triple Double Extra & Triple Extra Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
i haven't had a chance to test the tde in a match but so far training in my basement i like it a lot
reading this thread xiom tau2 seems like another contender but a post mentions it is a bit bouncier than tde, if this is the case i think i will just stick to tde, i prefer a more linear fh rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Victas Triple Extra how durability?
Maybe 40 hours for the topsheet. Grip level in the main hitting area is now significantly less than e.g. at the edges.This may or may not effect your game because the topsheet is quite soft and flexible so thick contacts still work but thin contacts do not.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

How does Tau 2 compare to D09c IB66?

Tau2 when new is much tackier, slower, less bouncy. As it ages it looses some tack (but still has more than new D09C) it then plays a little quicker and the bounce more, compared to DHS8-80 ( I bought sheets of Tau2 and H8-80 at the same time) the new sheets were fairly similar but after time the Tau2 was noticeable quicker and bouncier than the H8-80 that was the same age / similar playing hours.

Going back to D09C / Tau2,
I felt that D09C felt harder, when looping D09C was faster and spinny, but I didn’t feel like I was looping well !!!! A flatter more direct trajectory, not as much dip on to the table.
This could be my level and technique issues rather than the rubber though!!

Below is based on MY ability to Control the rubber!!

D09C better for flatter hits, Tau 2 better for looping.
Serves, both good, D09C easier to serve fast, Tau 2 easier for short / half long. Better touch required for D09C
Spin - both are spinny
short game - Tau 2 easier than D09C , better touch required for D09C to keep the ball short. As per serving. It’s the bouncy spring sponge of D09C!!!
Blocking - both are Good but D09C better for fast active blocks, not so easy to take off the incoming speed with D09C.

Regarding the Butterfly rubbers I have tested - T05/T19/D09C/SpinArt/T80FX the T80FX is softer, as you would expect!! I found that there is a general ‘feel’ to T05/T19/D09C/SpinArt it’s like they are different but still the same !!! D09C/SpinArt slower than the others. A ‘distinctive’ feel a ‘brand’ feel ???
(Aibiss is an expensive H3!!!)

So, looking back at things, (it’s been a while since I tried the BTY rubbers)
Tau 2 would be my choice over D09C, and perhaps it actually ‘feels’ more like D09C than many of the other hybrids (perhaps when older!!)
Both have good durability, but for the money 3 sheets of Tau 2 to 1 D09C ???!!!

If you like T05 etc and love that T05 ‘feel’ but want some tack, then D09C is the kiddy!!!!!
if you like H3 et all but want more bounce / speed. Then Tau 2 all day long!!!

(The Tau 2 doesn’t quite live up to that H3 dipping loop though, but could be my technique again!!!)

Both are excellent rubbers!!!

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
One thing I don't like about the TDE is the strange feeling/feedback it produces. There is this weird metallic vibrating sensation when you hit the ball which is hard to describe, but which I find unpleasant. If I remember correctly the Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo BS produces a somewhat similar feedback. I much prefer the feedback of the orange sponges of the Hurricane rubbers.

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
One thing I don't like about the TDE is the strange feeling/feedback it produces. There is this weird metallic vibrating sensation when you hit the ball which is hard to describe, but which I find unpleasant. If I remember correctly the Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo BS produces a somewhat similar feedback. I much prefer the feedback of the orange sponges of the Hurricane rubbers.

Hi MK73,
I didn’t get any feedback like that, but this may be down to the blades used.
Do you still get that same feedback with a different blade??
I tried the Nittaku Hurricane Pro BS on an Acoustic, didn’t like it !! Rubber performed ok but it was the feeling I didn’t like!!! H3 & H3Neo felt better for me!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews

Hi MK73,
I didn’t get any feedback like that, but this may be down to the blades used.
Do you still get that same feedback with a different blade??
I tried the Nittaku Hurricane Pro BS on an Acoustic, didn’t like it !! Rubber performed ok but it was the feeling I didn’t like!!! H3 & H3Neo felt better for me!!!

Well, maybe... I have played the TDE on the Hurricane Long 5. Might try it on my Stiga Maplewood V to see if there are any differences.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

Tau2 when new is much tackier, slower, less bouncy. As it ages it looses some tack (but still has more than new D09C) it then plays a little quicker and the bounce more, compared to DHS8-80 ( I bought sheets of Tau2 and H8-80 at the same time) the new sheets were fairly similar but after time the Tau2 was noticeable quicker and bouncier than the H8-80 that was the same age / similar playing hours.

Going back to D09C / Tau2,
I felt that D09C felt harder, when looping D09C was faster and spinny, but I didn’t feel like I was looping well !!!! A flatter more direct trajectory, not as much dip on to the table.
This could be my level and technique issues rather than the rubber though!!

Below is based on MY ability to Control the rubber!!

D09C better for flatter hits, Tau 2 better for looping.
Serves, both good, D09C easier to serve fast, Tau 2 easier for short / half long. Better touch required for D09C
Spin - both are spinny
short game - Tau 2 easier than D09C , better touch required for D09C to keep the ball short. As per serving. It’s the bouncy spring sponge of D09C!!!
Blocking - both are Good but D09C better for fast active blocks, not so easy to take off the incoming speed with D09C.

Regarding the Butterfly rubbers I have tested - T05/T19/D09C/SpinArt/T80FX the T80FX is softer, as you would expect!! I found that there is a general ‘feel’ to T05/T19/D09C/SpinArt it’s like they are different but still the same !!! D09C/SpinArt slower than the others. A ‘distinctive’ feel a ‘brand’ feel ???
(Aibiss is an expensive H3!!!)

So, looking back at things, (it’s been a while since I tried the BTY rubbers)
Tau 2 would be my choice over D09C, and perhaps it actually ‘feels’ more like D09C than many of the other hybrids (perhaps when older!!)
Both have good durability, but for the money 3 sheets of Tau 2 to 1 D09C ???!!!

If you like T05 etc and love that T05 ‘feel’ but want some tack, then D09C is the kiddy!!!!!
if you like H3 et all but want more bounce / speed. Then Tau 2 all day long!!!

(The Tau 2 doesn’t quite live up to that H3 dipping loop though, but could be my technique again!!!)

Both are excellent rubbers!!!

Cool thanks - i might give it a go at some point. Where do you get it from in the UK?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015

this feedback is the reason i chose tde over hurricane, it makes me feel like i am engaging the sponge better

Reactions: MK73
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Maybe 40 hours for the topsheet. Grip level in the main hitting area is now significantly less than e.g. at the edges.This may or may not effect your game because the topsheet is quite soft and flexible so thick contacts still work but thin contacts do not.

Try the REvolution No. 3 Bio Cleaner and Rejuvenator to get the grip and tack back. It's quite good.