Back to Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 92 151
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 151 92
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMunchkin
    hmmm what if I consider the waldner dicon? How does that play or feel vs oc?

    If you've decided to stick with a 5-ply Limba-outer blade then it's hard to beat Xiom Offensive S or Tibhar Stratus Powerwood - especially at their prices....

    The Following 2 Users Like Manto76's Post:

    LilMunchkin and Nate4s


  2. UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,813 14,231
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,231 15,813
    #62
    I could be wrong. But I still think, what you like about the OC is the Limba-Spruce combination. Infinity, to me, did not have that kind of feeling even though it is the same plies.

    I think, getting one of the blade makers to make you a blade that is:

    Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba

    But is faster than the OC, would likely be the thing that felt the most like what you like about the OC.

    Most of the blades that are bing mentioned with a Limba top ply are Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba like the Offensive S or Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba like the Stratus Power Wood, the Korbel, and the Primorac. Acoustic is similar to that Limba-Limba construction but the core is Tung Tree.

    Personally, I like all those blades. So, maybe, you will like them. But, in my opinion, the unique feel of the OC comes from the way Limba and Spruce interact which you only will get from a blade with Limba and Spruce.

    Nothing wrong with trying a ton of all wood blades. But......
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  3. LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 43 146
    LilMunchkin's Avatar
    LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 146 43
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    I could be wrong. But I still think, what you like about the OC is the Limba-Spruce combination. Infinity, to me, did not have that kind of feeling even though it is the same plies.

    I think, getting one of the blade makers to make you a blade that is:

    Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba

    But is faster than the OC, would likely be the thing that felt the most like what you like about the OC.

    Most of the blades that are bing mentioned with a Limba top ply are Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba like the Offensive S or Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba like the Stratus Power Wood, the Korbel, and the Primorac. Acoustic is similar to that Limba-Limba construction but the core is Tung Tree.

    Personally, I like all those blades. So, maybe, you will like them. But, in my opinion, the unique feel of the OC comes from the way Limba and Spruce interact which you only will get from a blade with Limba and Spruce.

    Nothing wrong with trying a ton of all wood blades. But......

    Maybe I'll try one of the DHS koto spruce blades. Most likely faster, so hopefully they work.

    Sleep Eat TT Repeat
    https://bit.ly/2K5tNbk

  4. UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,813 14,231
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,231 15,813
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMunchkin

    Maybe I'll try one of the DHS koto spruce blades. Most likely faster, so hopefully they work.

    I remember using a DHS Hurricane King. It felt really good. It was a nicely made blade and really good feeling. But my memory is, it definitely felt on the slow side of Off- to me, so, about the same speed as the OC. Not sure of any of the others. When I tried was about 5-6 years ago though. So, memory....sometimes it plays tricks on us.

    And, if you are just trying, rather than buying, I say, try as many blades as people will lend you.

    Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 05-11-2021 at 01:10 AM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  5. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,774 5,872
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,872 2,774
    #65
    I almost forgot about Stiga Azalea Offensive.

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

    trumpet_guy

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  6. LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 43 146
    LilMunchkin's Avatar
    LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 146 43
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    I almost forgot about Stiga Azalea Offensive.

    Oh, yes. I thought of this blade but I never typed it. How would that be compared to OC? The design looks good.

    Sleep Eat TT Repeat
    https://bit.ly/2K5tNbk

  7. LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 43 146
    LilMunchkin's Avatar
    LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 146 43
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMunchkin

    Oh, yes. I thought of this blade but I never typed it. How would that be compared to OC? The design looks good.

    or maybe i can try an offensive cr

    Sleep Eat TT Repeat
    https://bit.ly/2K5tNbk

  8. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,774 5,872
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,872 2,774
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMunchkin

    Oh, yes. I thought of this blade but I never typed it. How would that be compared to OC? The design looks good.

    It is way faster but control and feel are the same. If you can get over with the pink handle design, it's one good blade.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  9. LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 43 146
    LilMunchkin's Avatar
    LilMunchkin is offline
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.
     
    Established TTD Member 146 43
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    It is way faster but control and feel are the same. If you can get over with the pink handle design, it's one good blade.

    I'm fine with pink handles. I have a fang bo...

    The Following User Likes LilMunchkin's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl

    Sleep Eat TT Repeat
    https://bit.ly/2K5tNbk

  10. trumpet_guy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 137 261
    T
    trumpet_guy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 261 137
    #70

    Another two thumbs up for the Azalea Offensive.


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.