Making All Wood Blade Faster Artificially

Apparently the Nostalgic blades are VERY fast, even the Nostalgic Allround which is already a tad faster than a standard offensive 5-ply (like Korbel).

Agree. I had all 3 and the nostalgia all is like off speed already.

Reactions: MK73

Butterfly also had a couple of Wenge outer blades - Hadraw VR and SR - but I believe they've been discontinued. I wonder how different the Stiga Nostalgic series is to those and whether or not they'll prove popular/successful over time.

I forgot the feel of the Hadraw blades since I only had a few shots with it.

And, a side note: For sure, one of the blade makers on the forum, like Nate or Hipnotic, could make a blade with Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba aiming to make the blade feel like an Offensive Classic but faster. I am confident they could do that. But the Nexy Spear may be worth trying.

The maker can increase the thickness of the ayous core to make it faster or replace it with Kiri.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
And, a side note: For sure, one of the blade makers on the forum, like Nate or Hipnotic, could make a blade with Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba aiming to make the blade feel like an Offensive Classic but faster. I am confident they could do that. But the Nexy Spear may be worth trying.

It’s not gonna be the same.
It will fel stiffer or harder or both.

Cheers
L-zr

When you increase the speed it is not already the same as the original. You cannot have it all. You just need to choose the features you can keep mostly.

When you increase the speed it is not already the same as the original. You cannot have it all. You just need to choose the features you can keep mostly.

Exactly, but those were the requirements and maybe you could get closer by changing the design completely...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Butterfly also had a couple of Wenge outer blades - Hadraw VR and SR - but I believe they've been discontinued. I wonder how different the Stiga Nostalgic series is to those and whether or not they'll prove popular/successful over time.

Ddifferent feel. I have both blades and the Hadraw feels a bit stiffer and has a different handle shape and vibration frequency.

Nostalgic is a faster blade but the outer plies are for propulsion. The general idea is to create a blade that you can use as an all wood blade with the plastic ball. People will have different opinions on what that actually means. My take is still that if you want an all wood blade for the plastic ball, harder outer plies are the right way to go

Ok, so what I have gathered is that I am sure that I love all wood feel. I am not sure if it is the limba or the spruce or the combi of both that I like. Maybe if I want to upgrade to a faster blade, maybe I could either try the infintiy vps v(same composition, but not sure about speed bump?) or the clipper cr.

Ok, so what I have gathered is that I am sure that I love all wood feel. I am not sure if it is the limba or the spruce or the combi of both that I like. Maybe if I want to upgrade to a faster blade, maybe I could either try the infintiy vps v(same composition, but not sure about speed bump?) or the clipper cr.

or a hurricane hao 1(could someone please give insight on this blade) or avx sp5

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

Just wondering if you only own 1 SOC ? Or 2 ?
If you have 2, then you could try a light sealer coat on one blade (as Carl suggested) as an experiment , as mentioned this could / would change the feel.
Other than that, good advice in the thread for a new blade!!

Yogi, how big of a difference is the vps v vs offensive classic? I am also willing to try the clipper cr.

The Infinity VPS is almost an off+ blade while the OC blade now with the polball is like an All+ to off-

Reactions: LilMunchkin