Making All Wood Blade Faster Artificially

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I could be wrong. But I still think, what you like about the OC is the Limba-Spruce combination. Infinity, to me, did not have that kind of feeling even though it is the same plies.

I think, getting one of the blade makers to make you a blade that is:

Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba

But is faster than the OC, would likely be the thing that felt the most like what you like about the OC.

Most of the blades that are bing mentioned with a Limba top ply are Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba like the Offensive S or Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba like the Stratus Power Wood, the Korbel, and the Primorac. Acoustic is similar to that Limba-Limba construction but the core is Tung Tree.

Personally, I like all those blades. So, maybe, you will like them. But, in my opinion, the unique feel of the OC comes from the way Limba and Spruce interact which you only will get from a blade with Limba and Spruce.

Nothing wrong with trying a ton of all wood blades. But......

I could be wrong. But I still think, what you like about the OC is the Limba-Spruce combination. Infinity, to me, did not have that kind of feeling even though it is the same plies.

I think, getting one of the blade makers to make you a blade that is:

Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba

But is faster than the OC, would likely be the thing that felt the most like what you like about the OC.

Most of the blades that are bing mentioned with a Limba top ply are Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba like the Offensive S or Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba like the Stratus Power Wood, the Korbel, and the Primorac. Acoustic is similar to that Limba-Limba construction but the core is Tung Tree.

Personally, I like all those blades. So, maybe, you will like them. But, in my opinion, the unique feel of the OC comes from the way Limba and Spruce interact which you only will get from a blade with Limba and Spruce.

Nothing wrong with trying a ton of all wood blades. But......

Maybe I'll try one of the DHS koto spruce blades. Most likely faster, so hopefully they work.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Maybe I'll try one of the DHS koto spruce blades. Most likely faster, so hopefully they work.

I remember using a DHS Hurricane King. It felt really good. It was a nicely made blade and really good feeling. But my memory is, it definitely felt on the slow side of Off- to me, so, about the same speed as the OC. Not sure of any of the others. When I tried was about 5-6 years ago though. So, memory....sometimes it plays tricks on us.

And, if you are just trying, rather than buying, I say, try as many blades as people will lend you.

Last edited:

Oh, yes. I thought of this blade but I never typed it. How would that be compared to OC? The design looks good.

It is way faster but control and feel are the same. If you can get over with the pink handle design, it's one good blade.