Tacky rubber to use without boosting/ recommend me a blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
I started playing a few months ago mostly at home with my dad who has had training before but I plan to join a club as soon as they open up where I live.anyways I started on a hardbat I had lying around and I tried Chinese penhold just for fun and I loved the wrist flexibility so I bought a yinhe n11s Coen with h3 neo 38 hardness unboosted and focus 3 snipe on my bh. I liked this setup at first however as I learned to loop well, learned how to play properly and how I like playing I found that this setup lacked a bit of power at mid distance which I enjoy playing at during the rally. When imfurther from the table I like to play fast directshots on both wings and when I am closer to the table I like playing heavy topspin on my fh and Rpb flicks and spinny rpb loops. I have beat the crap out of the blade learning strokes and I want to get a new setup with ak47 yellow on my bh (which I tried on my dad's racket) and some form of tacky rubber for my Fh I have heard that boosted h3 neo is better in every way but I don't want to deal with boosting and I love the tacky rubber so I want to try a different rubber such as yinhe Jupiter 2 or 3 or friendship battle 2 and I want a blade a bit faster that my current one as I have never had problems with the ball going off the table and I want to have more power at mid distance I was thinking the DHS pg12.which blade and forehand rubber should I get? Also keep in mind that I am a teenager and I dont have much money to spend

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. It seems like you have steep learning curve and if you want to go a bit faster, but with good control and not spending a fortune. I play myself with this blade: DHS Power G5X https://revspin.net/blade/dhs-power-g-pg5x.html and if you like DHS H3N, why not go with a bit harder sponge? I tried the Yinhe Jupiter 2 and it was very dead compared to H3N. If you're going for Battle II, buy the Gold or Provincial Gold version, but H3N is a bit deadlier and more value for your money. DHS Hurricane 8 is really a great rubber in the H3N area as well. The Yinhe rubber that comes close to H3N is Big Dipper (first version) in 38-39 deg. LOKI N80 is a really nice rubber as well. Good spin and speed, but a softer feeling than H3N.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

cpen blades All+ rated
Yasaka Sweden Extra and Sweden Classic about $30
DHS wind series W3920 cpen $20

rubbers
DHS Skyline 3 $20
Friendship 729 Battle 2 $25, provincial versions slightly more expensive but better!!
Friendship 729 RITC Tack speed $10 ( good tacky rubber, but slowish)
DHS H3, H3Neo etc $20 - $25
Loki N80
these are all good!!

for better speed away from the table with un-boosted rubbers - develop technique, speed and strength!! Cheapest option!!
or try a tacky rubber with a slightly bouncier sponge (Hybrid characteristics) such as Tau 2, Victas Triple Double Extra but these are more expensive $40 -$50 ish
Tacky rubbers with bouncy sponge such as Rakza Z $40+,
Loki Arthur Asia, is another good rubber with more speed and good tackiness, should be around $30ish.