D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 0

User Info Menu

May 2021
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews

Tacky rubber to use without boosting/ recommend me a blade

I started playing a few months ago mostly at home with my dad who has had training before but I plan to join a club as soon as they open up where I live.anyways I started on a hardbat I had lying around and I tried Chinese penhold just for fun and I loved the wrist flexibility so I bought a yinhe n11s Coen with h3 neo 38 hardness unboosted and focus 3 snipe on my bh. I liked this setup at first however as I learned to loop well, learned how to play properly and how I like playing I found that this setup lacked a bit of power at mid distance which I enjoy playing at during the rally. When imfurther from the table I like to play fast directshots on both wings and when I am closer to the table I like playing heavy topspin on my fh and Rpb flicks and spinny rpb loops. I have beat the crap out of the blade learning strokes and I want to get a new setup with ak47 yellow on my bh (which I tried on my dad's racket) and some form of tacky rubber for my Fh I have heard that boosted h3 neo is better in every way but I don't want to deal with boosting and I love the tacky rubber so I want to try a different rubber such as yinhe Jupiter 2 or 3 or friendship battle 2 and I want a blade a bit faster that my current one as I have never had problems with the ball going off the table and I want to have more power at mid distance I was thinking the DHS pg12.which blade and forehand rubber should I get? Also keep in mind that I am a teenager and I dont have much money to spend

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 52 152
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 152 52
    Hi. It seems like you have steep learning curve and if you want to go a bit faster, but with good control and not spending a fortune. I play myself with this blade: DHS Power G5X https://revspin.net/blade/dhs-power-g-pg5x.html and if you like DHS H3N, why not go with a bit harder sponge? I tried the Yinhe Jupiter 2 and it was very dead compared to H3N. If you're going for Battle II, buy the Gold or Provincial Gold version, but H3N is a bit deadlier and more value for your money. DHS Hurricane 8 is really a great rubber in the H3N area as well. The Yinhe rubber that comes close to H3N is Big Dipper (first version) in 38-39 deg. LOKI N80 is a really nice rubber as well. Good spin and speed, but a softer feeling than H3N.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,739 5,840
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 5,840 2,739
    Xiom Tau 2 or Vega China. For blade I say xiom all around S.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 414 759
    I
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 759 414
    Hi,

cpen blades All+ rated
    Yasaka Sweden Extra and Sweden Classic about $30
    DHS wind series W3920 cpen $20

rubbers
    DHS Skyline 3 $20
    Friendship 729 Battle 2 $25, provincial versions slightly more expensive but better!!
    Friendship 729 RITC Tack speed $10 ( good tacky rubber, but slowish)
    DHS H3, H3Neo etc $20 - $25
    Loki N80
    these are all good!!

for better speed away from the table with un-boosted rubbers - develop technique, speed and strength!! Cheapest option!!
    or try a tacky rubber with a slightly bouncier sponge (Hybrid characteristics) such as Tau 2, Victas Triple Double Extra but these are more expensive $40 -$50 ish
    Tacky rubbers with bouncy sponge such as Rakza Z $40+,
    Loki Arthur Asia, is another good rubber with more speed and good tackiness, should be around $30ish.