Back to Forum
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 19 104
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 104 19

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    104
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    New setup

    Hello.

    I was thinking that I should get a pair of Tibhar Aurus Sounds but I don’t know what blade to put them on.

    So if you have any suggestions leave a comment.

    -Thanks! Ahma ❤️🏓

  2. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 52 152
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 152 52
    #2
    Hi. Why are you looking at Tibhar Aurus Sound? What's your play style, and how long have you played? I have played with Aurus Sound for a while. I felt it was a light, soft, allround rubber that would work fine on many blades, but nothing special in any way.

  3. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 19 104
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 104 19

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    104
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    Hi. Why are you looking at Tibhar Aurus Sound? What's your play style, and how long have you played? I have played with Aurus Sound for a while. I felt it was a light, soft, allround rubber that would work fine on many blades, but nothing special in any way.

    Because all of my club players and coaches use it. I’m a offensive and looper style player. I have played for 5 years.

    I think my current setup is too fast for me. (Aurus prime max on both sides and Xiom Offensive S blade)


  4. FrenchTT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 5 14
    FrenchTT's Avatar
    FrenchTT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 5

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2021
    Zimbabwe
    14
    5
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    Xiom offensive s is not realy fast, it's an allround blade for me but I don't know aurus prime

  5. ttarc is offline
    says Needs more systematic training
     
    TTD Member 38 75
    T
    ttarc is offline
    says Needs more systematic training
     
    TTD Member 75 38

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma

    Because all of my club players and coaches use it. I’m a offensive and looper style player. I have played for 5 years.

    I think my current setup is too fast for me. (Aurus prime max on both sides and Xiom Offensive S blade)

    The Aurus Sound has a very, very soft 35° sponge vs 47.5° for the Aurus Prime. Definitely not something I would recommend because these soft rubbers bottom out way too easy with the 40mm plastic ball and are not the best choice to work on technique.
    Is the Aurus Prime generally too fast on both forehand and backhand or is it the early catapult effect that causes the problems?
    Maybe a slightly thinner Aurus Prime could be enough to solve the problems. A step down would be e.g. the Vega Pro. Same sponge hardness as the Prime but slower and less catapult.
    In general I would also not recommend to change blade and rubbers at the same time.

    The Following User Likes ttarc's Post:

    WingTT


  6. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 19 104
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 104 19

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    104
    19
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ttarc
    The Aurus Sound has a very, very soft 35° sponge vs 47.5° for the Aurus Prime. Definitely not something I would recommend because these soft rubbers bottom out way too easy with the 40mm plastic ball and are not the best choice to work on technique.
    Is the Aurus Prime generally too fast on both forehand and backhand or is it the early catapult effect that causes the problems?
    Maybe a slightly thinner Aurus Prime could be enough to solve the problems. A step down would be e.g. the Vega Pro. Same sponge hardness as the Prime but slower and less catapult.
    In general I would also not recommend to change blade and rubbers at the same time.

    Ok now that I had the Table tennis camp I have more controll of the racket. And yes the soft rubber is not good anymore. Thanx still!


  7. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,838
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,838 2,739
    #7
    Xiom Vega Japan 2.0mm control spin is good.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  8. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 52 152
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 152 52
    #8
    Why not check out Andro Hexer Grip and Powergrip. These are very nice rubbers with a lot of grip and very controllable. The Xiom Omega V Tour is also a really nice rubber. Very good spin and control and not too bouncy.

    The Following User Likes mocker88's Post:

    WingTT


  9. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,838
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,838 2,739
    #9
    If you really like soft rubbers, I suggest getting rakza 7 soft or barracuda big slam. Much better spin than aurus soft.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.