New setup

This user has no status.
Hi. Why are you looking at Tibhar Aurus Sound? What's your play style, and how long have you played? I have played with Aurus Sound for a while. I felt it was a light, soft, allround rubber that would work fine on many blades, but nothing special in any way.

Because all of my club players and coaches use it. I’m a offensive and looper style player. I have played for 5 years.

I think my current setup is too fast for me. (Aurus prime max on both sides and Xiom Offensive S blade)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Xiom offensive s is not realy fast, it's an allround blade for me but I don't know aurus prime

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Because all of my club players and coaches use it. I’m a offensive and looper style player. I have played for 5 years.

I think my current setup is too fast for me. (Aurus prime max on both sides and Xiom Offensive S blade)

The Aurus Sound has a very, very soft 35° sponge vs 47.5° for the Aurus Prime. Definitely not something I would recommend because these soft rubbers bottom out way too easy with the 40mm plastic ball and are not the best choice to work on technique.
Is the Aurus Prime generally too fast on both forehand and backhand or is it the early catapult effect that causes the problems?
Maybe a slightly thinner Aurus Prime could be enough to solve the problems. A step down would be e.g. the Vega Pro. Same sponge hardness as the Prime but slower and less catapult.
In general I would also not recommend to change blade and rubbers at the same time.

Reactions: WingTT
This user has no status.
The Aurus Sound has a very, very soft 35° sponge vs 47.5° for the Aurus Prime. Definitely not something I would recommend because these soft rubbers bottom out way too easy with the 40mm plastic ball and are not the best choice to work on technique.
Is the Aurus Prime generally too fast on both forehand and backhand or is it the early catapult effect that causes the problems?
Maybe a slightly thinner Aurus Prime could be enough to solve the problems. A step down would be e.g. the Vega Pro. Same sponge hardness as the Prime but slower and less catapult.
In general I would also not recommend to change blade and rubbers at the same time.

Ok now that I had the Table tennis camp I have more controll of the racket. And yes the soft rubber is not good anymore. Thanx still!