Coach Lin

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi Guys,Do you think he is good or scam? He does not show technique himself and reminds me Emratthich always footage of someone else.So we do not know if he is good or amateur.By the way he explains how to choose blade much better than Emratthich

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What do you mean by scam?

Have not watched any videos but feel like as long as the content is somewhat "correct" and helpful then it is good!

Do not really need to be able to play or show so good themselfes, but i agree it would give better credibility if they made their own videos.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi Guys,Do you think he is good or scam? He does not show technique himself and reminds me Emratthich always footage of someone else.So we do not know if he is good or amateur.By the way he explains how to choose blade much better than Emratthich

There are many YT sites where a certain coach will show you some perfect techniques and these vids do cater to a specific segment of players; i.e., beginners who are learning the sport. After a while there are only so many techniques to learn. Just like chess, after you learn all the moves of the pieces, what else is there to offer?

Coach Lin and also ERT are the only one so far I have seen that goes beyond technical and venture into tactics and strategies which is godsend to those who have graduated from learning the techniques and wanting to progress to the intermediate level, i.e., applying the tactics and strategies to win games. These amateurs / club players who normally do not have access to professional coaches really cannot thank them enough for upping their game so to speak.

I also love how they analyzes certain important matches to highlight why the pro do this or that and an insight into their playbook / mindset.

My two cents worth of comment.

p/s: I would love to see some Ytubers do some tactical and strategy analysis of the European players. So far the content available are all on the Chinese side of things. For those Ytubers creators who are reading this, this is a golden opportunity to increase your viewership and ad revenue.

Last edited:
It makes it easier to understand why most Chinese plays in a very similar way, like robots...

Some interesting facts though. I like the one one about the bat angle. This I am experiencing myself but never really understood...

He was recommending basic blades for beginners. He said that a fast blade was easier to develop a short and fast stroke which is bad in the long run...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
If you believe statements like "if Timo Boll wants to learn a new shot he has to use a " basic" (read all-wood) blade first" then good luck to you ;)

Some of the things he saying is basic knowledge and nothing new just pit together and spring led some weird statements on top. Just like the "coach" EmRatich.

I would suggest taking the statements from their videos with a (big) grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
What do you mean by scam?

Have not watched any videos but feel like as long as the content is somewhat "correct" and helpful then it is good!

Do not really need to be able to play or show so good themselfes, but i agree it would give better credibility if they made their own videos.

He offers teaching lessons ,probably not for free.We can hear only voice machine reading text.He says he has students in Europe.
"Ask us any question on our facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/Coach-Lin-100108265355071 Send us your playing video for best instructions."

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If you believe statements like "if Timo Boll wants to learn a new shot he has to use a " basic" (read all-wood) blade first" then good luck to you ;)

I would suggest taking the statements from their videos with a (big) grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

Of course i am not Timo but when ever i try out something new I use the blade that i am most "comfy" with, the blade i use the most .
To go "back" doing it with the "Ol woody" just makes no sense to me. But then I am not Timo 😁
There might be a way of asking him ?????