My serves won’t pass the net no matter what

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I can’t post vídeos of me doing here, I think is because I don’t posted 5 posts yet, but, why do serves don’t pass the net, I keep thinking is because I’m hitting to low but if I contacted higher that ball always jump up to the receiver half of the table, this problem happens especially with the pendeulum serve, and other problem is I still can’t get any decent spin out of this serve, thanks in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
My serves don’t passe or go straight into the net, I keep thinking is because I’m hitting the ball too low but if I contacted higher that ball jump straight up to the receiver half of the table, this happens especially with the pendeulum serve, I can’t post videos here probably because I haven’t made five posts, but why generally serves goes to the net, and I still unfortunately can’t have decent spin on this serve, thanks in advance

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
It'll be much easier to see once you are able to post videos ! Meanwhile, pendulum services take a LOT of practise to get right, I'd suggest concentrating on getting it over the net as your first priority and then work on adding spin once you can get it over the net reliably. What do you yourself think is happening- is the first bounce of your services possibly too close to the net on your side of the table for example, or are you simply not getting a firm enough contact on the ball ? Are you standing too far back when serving ? Unlikely, but is your bat/rubber setup too slow ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My serves don’t passe or go straight into the net, I keep thinking is because I’m hitting the ball too low but if I contacted higher that ball jump straight up to the receiver half of the table, this happens especially with the pendeulum serve, I can’t post videos here probably because I haven’t made five posts, but why generally serves goes to the net, and I still unfortunately can’t have decent spin on this serve, thanks in advance
You now seem to have 6 posts. If you make a youtube video and post it here, people will be able to help you. Unfortunately, without seeing what you are doing, all we would be able to say is: keep practicing and, hopefully, you will start to figure it out over time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Most Definitely a curse. I think that you could try to aim more down towards the table. Could also use the body in the serve: like step in with the leg, rotate with belly, weight shift or just move the arm faster. Maybe tense fingers at impact. With pendelum you can also do a higher throw so the ball will move faster towards your racket.

looking forward for the video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Now this is a short side spin serve How To Short Sidespin Serve Like Timo Boll | Butterfly Table Tennis - YouTube
But the technique is similar. You have to find the mix with the angle you hit the ball and speed in your stroke. The height that you have to hit the ball at is pretty similar in most of the services. But everybody has a way of their own to get the service as good as possible. A good way is to practice to get as thin hit as possible to get the most spin out of it, whithout getting the ball to go to long. Mainly a lot of practice serving to get it as perfect as possible.