Sticky rubbers -- some wonder of chemical science.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
STICKY RUBBER IS A WONDERFUL CREATURE OF AN AMERICAN MAN.
This present days, Chinese rubber factories are using three (3) different technologies for the production of sticky rubbers.
Of those, the most interesting method is based on the practical researches by the American chemist Hari Fisher, patented from 1934. What attraction for us is this Fisher`s innovation?
The stickiness produced with the Fischer's formula is never to fade off with time, and it is enough to treat the rubber with medical alcohol 70* for the rubber to become sticky again. Unfortunately, none of the consumers can know for a certain which technology was applied on the rubbers they got from a vendor. For example, Fischer`s rubber can be told by an educated eye, if you view the topsheet from the inside.

HURRICAN IS FAR FROM PERFECTION, IT'S MUCH WORSE.
I can safely say, the Chinese DHS Hurricane rubbers do NOT use Fischer*s technology. They using another interesting method of "inaccomplished curing of the rubber molecular outer layer". And this is to say that the original stickiness shall go away due to the abrazion of outer micro-layer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick and IB66
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This present days, Chinese rubber factories are using three (3) different technologies for the production of sticky rubbers.
Of those, the most interesting method is based on the practical researches by the American chemist Hari Fisher, patented from 1934. What attraction for us is this Fisher`s innovation?
The stickiness produced with the Fischer's formula is never to fade off with time, and it is enough to treat the rubber with medical alcohol 70* for the rubber to become sticky again. Unfortunately, none of the consumers can know for a certain which technology was applied on the rubbers they got from a vendor. For example, Fischer`s rubber can be told by an educated eye, if you view the topsheet from the inside.

I can safely say, the Chinese DHS Hurricane rubbers do NOT use Fischer*s technology. They using another interesting method of "inaccomplished curing of the rubber molecular outer layer". And this means that the original stickiness shall go out of the rubber as the abrazive wear of the outer micro-layer is on.

http://sun9-69.userapi.com/OeMELhKKhxs_O0WzUuWGCw8ndrBDJ2FoNpyxwA/kwE-y1EPAyk.jpg

if in these times of "planned obsolescence" anyone can give me a manufacturer that is producing an everlasting rubber, please put me down
for 1 red one and 1 black one please 😁

• Haha
Reactions: IB66 and SamTheMan
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

Entering playing area without knowing of atual air humidity is a reckless thing indeed, much like playing the stupid game of Blind Tom.
In hot weather, you may get your rubber wet with a water condensation.
Check the actual dewfall threshold by using the handy pocket-size IR-Thermometer before entering the playground.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/dew-point

High dew point values can be a cause of discomfort. At high temperatures, our bodies use the evaporation of sweat to achieve a cooling effect. This process is severely slowed down if the air is already saturated with water vapor.

Dew point Comfort levels
====== ===========
<10°C a bit dry for some

10 - 16°C dry and comfortable

16 - 18°C getting sticky

18 - 21°C unpleasant, lots of moisture in the air

>21°C uncomfortable, oppressive, even dangerous if above 24°C

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick and IB66
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
i can see the value of the gauge in regards of the humidity but the temperature is not so much of an issue IMO
30 degrees centigrade in Bangkok or
Singapore can be crippling but 40 degrees in Perth is so dry it is fine with me.
I read before that some rubbers can be virtually unplayable.but i would not get any play at all if i walk into the TT-hall with one of them
gadgets as everybody would be rolling themself on the ground laughing, and they already laugh at the "quality of my skills" 😁

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

I can safely say, the Chinese DHS Hurricane rubbers do NOT use Fischer*s technology. They using another interesting method of "inaccomplished curing of the rubber molecular outer layer". And this is to say that the original stickiness shall go away due to the abrazion of outer micro-layer.