Planning on a new setup

This user has no status.

Ahma, Lazer was saying FX-S on Akkad was poor feeling difficult to make pace and spin... I was saying opposite... I still think many players could use a modern mid-firm rubber with that blade... your selected rubber, EL-S or EL-P is exactly that and I would say that should be plenty crisp for you or your friend.

Thank you and sorry im very dumb 😂🤪

I SO HATE on paying by hour, usually not great. But what the heck... HOW MANY TIMES do I actually make it to Europe and play TT and what are my actual expenses in doing so... another 10-20 USD is not gunna make a huge dent on anything... and I might make more than that doing chicken and beer bets with TT, or bet for whatever food the TT players like... and more than that, it is SURELY worth more than 10-20 USD to meet and make friends.

That’s about the only option right now, I used to play in the atrium at my office, that option is closed now. We are glad to have just any place. 65 sek is about $6.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I own a Tibhar Akkad and i would recommend that anyone consider getting it try it out first if you have the chance. The response is somehat unusual to me in that it feels like there is a speed limiter at the top end. Maybe I'm just used to faster blades.

I own a Tibhar Akkad and i would recommend that anyone consider getting it try it out first if you have the chance. The response is somehat unusual to me in that it feels like there is a speed limiter at the top end. Maybe I'm just used to faster blades.
Exactly...
But I’m hoping most of this is due to the FX-S rubber. I’m thinking it needs a bouncier one.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Perhaps another example of different players having different impacts is Der_Echte's utter inability to propely utilize the most popular BTY Diginics rubbers.

Der_Echte simply SUCKS at using D05 or D09C... maybe one stroke (the counter topsin) works OK, but I just cannot make the right impact to make good use of those rubers.

Yet, with FX-S on just about ANY of the OFF class blades I use, I am a big time boss of spin and speed when I use a full stroke with Akkad.

I still agree about Akkad not having a OFF+ gear... but I do not believe Akkad was made to have that kind of OFF+ performance anyway... simply solid OFF class performance is enough...

... also to be fair, sergio of SDC blades KNEW my capabilities and preferences (and so did Nate) and Sergio STILL made my custom blade in middle OFF zone - that blade CANNOT be accused of having OFF+ gear. Point here is a well made OFF blade can still be a weapon.