Planning on a new setup

Hello.

Just wanted to know how much a difference on the new set up that im planning and my todays setup.

So. I was planning getting force pro black edition and mxp’s on both sides. Just like vladi. And to compare It to my current setup: Xiom Offensive S blade with Aurus Prime max on both sides.

The Force Pro Black is really fast. Big difference from Offensive S. The FPB can be as fast as some carbon blades.

Reactions: virtuososiu
This user has no status.

The Force Pro Black is really fast. Big difference from Offensive S. The FPB can be as fast as some carbon blades.

Yes, too fast for me. Decided to go with Tibhar Akkad and Evolution el-p 2.1 on both sides. I think it will be a fast,spinny yet very controllable. But I’ll change to the new setup when I’m done with my current one. Thanks 😊

Last edited:
I think a softish but bouncy rubber would do it.

Let me try to explain my perception of the blade.
Do you know the concept of a music compressor.
It tries to keep the music from being to soft or too loud. The compressor does this by amplifying low levels and attenuating high levels.
The Akkad has a bit of that characteristics.
I think in general it is fast but up to a point at this
point to ou have to hit extra hard to get decent speed.
This is the opposite of an innerforce blade.
I am currently using FX-S on it and that is a total mismatch.

Remember this is just MY perception of the blade.
I am hoping it will change with the proper rubber.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think a softish but bouncy rubber would do it.

Let me try to explain my perception of the blade.
Do you know the concept of a music compressor.
It tries to keep the music from being to soft or too loud. The compressor does this by amplifying low levels and attenuating high levels.
The Akkad has a bit of that characteristics.
I think in general it is fast but up to a point at this
point to ou have to hit extra hard to get decent speed.
This is the opposite of an innerforce blade.
I am currently using FX-S on it and that is a total mismatch.

Remember this is just MY perception of the blade.
I am hoping it will change with the proper rubber.

Cheers
L-zr

Thanks! Since I’m not yet buying the setup I’ll think about it more in the future but I think the blade suits the rubbers cuz I read a review that said that medium rubbers are good in that blade. And probably will
be. And after then tenergy maybe 😂

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I put FXS on my Akkad, it turned out a dud. For me I need a little bounce and neither Akkad nor FXS has this. I have not given up on the Akkad yet, eventually I will try a bouncy rubber..,

Cheers
L-zr

Hahahaha I put FX-S or T05FX on FH of the Akkad and man, that puppy barks real loud so dynamic spin machine for me. Akkad is one of those blades I can have in the TT equipment bag a couple years, never play with it... then whip it out and kick but right away.

I actually did that in an official sanctioned tourney Mar 2020... I broke the Nitakku Monoblade on a corner, pulled out the Akkad with T05FX and Hammond unglued/untuned and was a boss of spin that tourney. Strong wins vs the mid 2000 rated crowd using it. Took me maybe 3 points to adjust.

Hahahaha I put FX-S or T05FX on FH of the Akkad and man, that puppy barks real loud so dynamic spin machine for me. Akkad is one of those blades I can have in the TT equipment bag a couple years, never play with it... then whip it out and kick but right away.

I actually did that in an official sanctioned tourney Mar 2020... I broke the Nitakku Monoblade on a corner, pulled out the Akkad with T05FX and Hammond unglued/untuned and was a boss of spin that tourney. Strong wins vs the mid 2000 rated crowd using it. Took me maybe 3 points to adjust.

And I find that combo (Akkad + FX-S) to be a lame duck...

Cheers
L-zr

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That would indicate a bad glue job or that we have different impacts.... I would strongly believe the different impact.

One of these days, I will be in Europe again, I will make it a point to save my last and final sheet of FX-S and bring that and the Akkad with me to Europe next trip... you will have to be on the other end to believe what Akkad + soft modern dynamic rubber can do when I hit it either wing.

Until I slapped Etika 51 on FH, I ABSOLUTELY did NOT have the impact to properly use a firmer FH rubber, so I would first believe impact. You LIKELY have the required impact for a firmer rubber.

What rubber do you prefer with the Akkad?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sometimes I fly to the Volvo factory to pickup the Volvo and vacation in Europe and catch some TT, did that before an it was a blast, plus Volvo often offers the car a t much better price for Euro delivery and free shipping to USA.

I cannot understand why more USA families do not buy this way, free plane tickets, free hotel, free tour, thousands discounted price and a chance to be all over Europe wherever you want is not something one can do every day.

I had my daughter fly to Copenhagen and we metup there, daughter was all over that city and her footprints likely still there years later.

Next time I make it a point to be in Malmo and meetup with our LP friend there... and Lazer, where do you play? Even if it is Stockholm, I always wanted to go there maybe next trip it happens.

Sometimes I fly to the Volvo factory to pickup the Volvo and vacation in Europe and catch some TT, did that before an it was a blast, plus Volvo often offers the car a t much better price for Euro delivery and free shipping to USA.

I cannot understand why more USA families do not buy this way, free plane tickets, free hotel, free tour, thousands discounted price and a chance to be all over Europe wherever you want is not something one can do every day.

I had my daughter fly to Copenhagen and we metup there, daughter was all over that city and her footprints likely still there years later.

Next time I make it a point to be in Malmo and meetup with our LP friend there... and Lazer, where do you play? Even if it is Stockholm, I always wanted to go there maybe next trip it happens.
Sure Let me know, we can play at Enskede racket hall (Stockholm) I think it cost 130 Sek for an hour.

Cheers
L-zr

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So are y’all saying that Akkad + FXS = slow boi
Or spin machine? Cuz I’m so confused.

My main point was that is el-s and Akkad a good pair?

Not the fx-s. Thanks

Ahma, Lazer was saying FX-S on Akkad was poor feeling difficult to make pace and spin... I was saying opposite... I still think many players could use a modern mid-firm rubber with that blade... your selected rubber, EL-S or EL-P is exactly that and I would say that should be plenty crisp for you or your friend.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sure Let me know, we can play at Enskede racket hall (Stockholm) I think it cost 130 Sek for an hour.

Cheers
L-zr

I SO HATE on paying by hour, usually not great. But what the heck... HOW MANY TIMES do I actually make it to Europe and play TT and what are my actual expenses in doing so... another 10-20 USD is not gunna make a huge dent on anything... and I might make more than that doing chicken and beer bets with TT, or bet for whatever food the TT players like... and more than that, it is SURELY worth more than 10-20 USD to meet and make friends.

Ahma, Lazer was saying FX-S on Akkad was poor feeling difficult to make pace and spin... I was saying opposite... I still think many players could use a modern mid-firm rubber with that blade... your selected rubber, EL-S or EL-P is exactly that and I would say that should be plenty crisp for you or your friend.

Don’t put words into my mouth, I said pace... But the combo (Akkad + FX-S) is not really a spin daemon either...

Reactions: Der_Echte