Insane scenarios to occur in the olympics

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Bumping thread in anticipation of Tokyo 2020+1 in 11 days.

MS
Boll meeting China for once. Never made it far enough, Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Beijing 2008, London 2012, and Rio 2016. Appalling for the 8-time European Champion.
Pitchford and Gauzy going at it for a quasi-rematch(2-3 in MT at Rio 2016), since Great Britain didn't qualify for MT this time.
Jeoung Youngsik and Ma Long for another round after Rio 2016. Liu Guoliang's stone face was priceless.

WS
Ishikawa against Feng Tianwei, for a rematch after London 2012. Unlikely given the seeding with Ishikawa at 5th and FTW at 6th.

Rematches that would be nice to see:
MT/WT
Japan and Germany
MT
Germany and South Korea

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I will start :

Ovtcharov never won Ma Long , it would be insane if his first win against Ma equals a gold or a silver olympic medal

It is happening ... I'm conflicted about it though while I want Ovtcharov to win because it is just justice, I also want Ma Long to win for a chance to a second gold medal to close once and for all the debate about the GOAT.

... to close once and for all the debate about the GOAT.

I don't think that's how debates for GOATS work :p. Unless you are expecting the world to actually end, as long as people are still playing TT the debate will keep raging on. Even if he was fairly unanamously declared GOAT for this vague period of time, surely given long enough, someone else will one day achieve just as much, and the debate would still continue.

This user has no status.

I don't think that's how debates for GOATS work :p. Unless you are expecting the world to actually end, as long as people are still playing TT the debate will keep raging on. Even if he was fairly unanamously declared GOAT for this vague period of time, surely given long enough, someone else will one day achieve just as much, and the debate would still continue.

I mean .. sure, why not. But what I meant here is that a second gold medal for ML will end the debate about who is the GOAT (of this era, just to make you happy) between him and Waldner.