Which rubbers do you consider superior to tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Following on from the Alternatives to 05 thread, I am keen to know which rubbers players may consider decidedly superior to it and why?.
Cheers....

Rubbers are a very personal thing. Each player has diff. needs. No such thing as tenergy being the most superior. In terms of inverted, I prefer Hurricane 3 blue sponge 41 2.15 unboosted and hurricane 3 39 2.15 orange sponge unboosted and mark v 2.0mm. I used to like tenergy but never bought my own since it aint cheap..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Following on from the Alternatives to 05 thread, I am keen to know which rubbers players may consider decidedly superior to it and why?.
Cheers....

I suppose it depends on how you define "superior". I think what you mean is something like "possessing higher absolute performance potential."
If that's the case then I don't know the answer (though I'm sure Yogi is right in his response, I just don't know those rubbers).

On the other hand, if by "superior" you mean something like "will better enable most players to perform to the maximum of their current skill level" then I'd say Nittaku Fastarc G-1. In my opinion Fastarc G-1 offers about 85-90% of the absolute performance potential of T-05 and is easier to control. Most non-elite players, I think, would probably play better with G-1 than with T-05. Thus, in that sense, I'd say G-1 is a superior rubber.

But I know that's not what you meant 😉!

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
'Superior' is a little misleading!! rubbers have different characteristics and can be very similar or complete opposites!!
For example, if you asked a defensive chopper if T05 was 'superior' to whatever rubber they were using (for defensive strokes) it may be the case that they would say T05 is pretty poor for what they want to achieve!!!
If you win more games playing with an All wood all round blade with Sriver or Mark V on it, rather than a Primorac Carbon with T05, which is the superior set up?? which is the 'Superior' rubber??, 'Superior' blade??
Things are relative to the individual using the equipment!!!
If 'scientific' independent testing were to be carried out, then you could evaluate the results and get a ' best overall' rating, but it could be that the 'best overall' may not have the highest result in any of the tested traits, such as speed, spin etc
Even if a rubber stands out head and shoulders above others, fastest, highest spin, most control etc, it's pretty pointless if an individual cannot utilise its potential.

Reactions: Manto76 and Richie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Responses appreciated thanks....
I should have thought more carefully about my original question.
I would like to rephrase it if I may to "which rubbers, players who have previously used Tenergy 05 effectively,
find superior to it and why?".
Genuinely interested to know peoples personal experiences moving from it to a rubber which works more effectively for them.
Cheers....

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Personally, I prefer a softer feel, I have tested T05/19 and T80FX the FX versions use a softer sponge, and looking back, I think that if I had to make a choice between the various Tenergy rubbers I’d go for one of the FX versions.
T05/19 are great rubbers and loads of players just wouldn’t give up their sheets of T05 for love or money!!! History has proved T05 to be one of the truly great rubbers!!

I just prefer a rubber that is somewhere in between the tacky/hard ‘deadish’ sponge rubbers and bouncy grippy catapult sponge rubbers, Hybrid characteristics !!​​​​​!
Why? For a player of my standard I feel I get - Better short game control, spin levels are still just as high, not too much catapult, speed is fast enough, I LIKE how the impacts feel compared to T05/19, Downside of hybrid rubbers is that T05/19 are really good for flatter hits and crisp top spin drives, they feel sooo good in comparison!!! Strangely I liked T05 for chopping!!!

I feel and perform better with Xiom Omega 5/7 Asia/Tour.For me they have better control on touch, better brushing spin and better control on attack.I find Omega 7 Asia and Tour to be faster on aggressive attack.Omega 5 Asia is slower, but with better touch and block and with a proper brush has ultimate spin with slower balls.Omega 5 Tour is more springy with softer touch, just like T05, but is superior on aggressive play at mid distance. Thats the way I feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
A question I have asked many times over the years, and that NO ONE has answered, is "what can T05 do that other rubbers can't?"
So many talk about feel but it has already been established that by the time you feel anything the ball is long gone. So why does feel really matter?
There are so many opinions but no one has facts.
Butterfly's marketing is much better than their rubbers.

A question I have asked many times over the years, and that NO ONE has answered, is "what can T05 do that other rubbers can't?"
So many talk about feel but it has already been established that by the time you feel anything the ball is long gone. So why does feel really matter?
There are so many opinions but no one has facts.
Butterfly's marketing is much better than their rubbers.
Some people are suffering from a total void of ability to control a ball... To them feel does not matter...

Now I am curious. What exactly Omega VII I-Select is and where did you see it?

Not only have seen it but also have used it since 2019. You can find it in the Xiom Catalogue. It is the most expensive commercial rubber.
​​​

Strange enough but I can't see such a rubber in the catalogue. Is it one of the regional rubbers they have listed ?

It's not regional. Try searching for it in the 2021 New equipment thread. I think i. Posted it there last April.

This user has no status.
I wish to have money to buy Butterfly rubbers such as Tenergy and Dignics, i bought them few times in the past and they all wore off except one, so i can't keep buying them although they are my favorite, so i try to think about alternatives that good, mainly for my forehand really, i keep thinking about DHS Hurricane or Tibhar MX-P, can't decide between both, i feel that i want to go with DHs rubber as someone said it is a natural fir to DHS blades which i have, and seeing Chinese players playing with them regardless how original or fake we buy those.