EJs who have found the perfect setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021

I always look back fondly at an old thin antique 5 ply I found laying around in some old book shop.
It might have been one of those "Meteor" blades but the print had long faded out by the time I owned it.
Removed the old pips out rubber, sanded and sealed the blade face and slapped some new rubbers in there.
The small head shape and light weight made it a dream to play with.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
I think You can definitely call me an EJ. After many adventures with various blades, I finally came to the conclusion that it is time to settle up and I chose a different strategy. I went back to my first blade- BTY Primorac JP and worked out with my technique. When I decided that I needed more speed in the game, butterfly released the perfect blade for me. It was Harimoto ALC, which has exactly the same wood composition as Primorac and for more speed it have an Innerforce ALC. Thanks to this, the change was very smooth and hassle-free. So far, I still have Harimoto and I am very happy with this setup (FH: BTY Dignics 09C and BH Dignics 80). If I ever run out of speed again, the Freitas ALC is already in my bag. This blade again has the same wood composition as Harimoto and Primorac. The only difference is that the ALC is shifted a layer above. Let me know what you think about such a solution;) Although I must admit that when a new blades appears, I am very interested in it and I wonder if I should buy it even for a short test :) Currently, I am tempted by the Stiga Inspira CCF and I am waiting impatiently for BTY Ovtcharov ALC ;)

Last edited:
says Footwork footwork footwork
I thought I had settled finally on a Nittaku Acoustic with TG2 on both sides but my coach convinced me to try Hurricane Hao II with H3/T64. The adjustment was quite hard but now I can’t imagine any other set up to fit my style. I guess it helps to just fully commit with your coach backing you. Very happy and putting 100% of my energy into training technique, mental strength and strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Still looking for the best configuration. For the moment, he sped back to a slower log. Yasaka Sweden Classic and DHS HN3

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I got the Virtuoso Plus I use in 2015. I used it exclusively until Nate made me a blade As close to it as you can get. Now I will use either. So, I could think of one as my main blade and the other as my backup. But they are close enough that they are not really different.

When I change rubbers, I change to whatever is available next.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I have found the best setup will always be the next setup. Over the years, I have started with penhold, changed multiple blades and rubbers, then to Shakehand, then multiple blades. My parcel (which should contain harimoto innerforce ZLC, Dignics 05, and H3) has just arrived today, along with other TT accessories. This should be my best setup, until the next one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I guess i kinda have it for now at least.

Blade: DHS TG 506x
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 neo prov
BH: Victas V>15 Extra

Thoughtprocess: My biggest problem was a decent rubber beside a Butterfly product. I teste several rubber before which always had at least one problem which made it a dealbreaker.
Yazaka Rakza 7 - felt kinda slow and i had several ball dropoffs from the rubber while trying to hit a flick or topspin
Hurricane 8 - too slow, even boosted it kinda becomes a really good rubber but the boosting made it kinda hard to be consistent.
Hurricane 8-80 - close to being perfect but 2 little issues made me drop it: the sponge is really weak and not consistent. While cutting my first one it kinda broke at the edges. The second problem is the throwangle. I can perfectly perform a backhand topsping with it, but getting it easily high enough was several times a real struggle, especially against opponents who are playing very controlled and witch much spin
Focus III Sniper - okish but way too slow and low in the spin department.
Fastarc G 1 - one of my biggest hopes in terms of backhand rubbers. Sadly i found the throwangle slightly too low and had some dropoffs with flicks. I liked it on my FH but really not a good BH rubber for me
Hurricane 3 37 - Really nice boosted but disgustingly slow if you dont use your wrist in every stroke like Ma Long for example. I am not consistent enough and have to be able to hit flat without my wrist, so sadly enough i couldnt stick with this one too.

With Victas so far i had 0 dropoffs, i can hit flat without my wrist and get a good counter or block with it. Attacking close to the table is possible although a bit hard because it is a pretty fast rubber. The arc is high enough for me to attack literally everything from everywhere.
Even far from the table i suddenly can hit almost "everything", at least way more than ever before.
The only disadvantage this rubbers has as many nontacky rubbers is the lack of controlled shortplay. Pushing short with much spin is always a struggle and i have to focus to do this with my FH instead^^

The rest of my equipment wasnt such a huge struggle because i have a decent physique and technique for my playing level, so decided to stick with chinese rubbers and it worked out great for me so far.

In terms of blades i made it kinda simple for me. Im a "attack everything" player and tryed a viscaria a long time ago and it was the only decent blade i ever played with. Damn fast and still enough controll for everything i need it. I tried Hurricane Long 3 but the highvibration feedback irritates me more than it helps. Surprisingly the Yinhe V14-pro comes kinda close to it. Sadly the handle and the splintering problem made it a no-deal for me.

The only thing open is my second setup - the backup plan.
The following setup is on the way:
Blade: Yinhe Pro-01
FH: Loki Arthur China
BH: Loki Arthur Euro Diamond

I hope it gets at least close to my boosted main setup. We will see.