Glue advice please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Revolution No. 3 glues

Hi All,Please could someone tell me what the advantages of different glue viscosities are?I see Revolution No.3 comes in three versions: Normal, Medium and High viscosity - what would be the relative advantages/disadvantages of each?I assume each is better suited to particular kind of sponge (ie. small, medium or large pore)? Or perhaps a particular type of wood (ie. soft, medium or hard outer ply)?Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The different viscosity also reflects the ease of using the product. I find normal is the easiest to use and less likely to mess up. However, I believe because of the normal viscosity (more diluted), is not as sticky as the ones with higher viscosity (ie higher rubber, thus higher viscosity).

Only drawback, is you may need additional layers to ensure you have a stronger bond when using Rev-3 on normal viscosity. I generally apply 2 layers on the blade to ensure sufficient bond and they work for me pretty well. This is based on my own experience and use.

For sponges with larger pores, you need more glue to ensure bond while sponges with smaller pores will need lesser. Because the sponges has larges pores, thus there is more cavity for the glue to seep in vs the ones with smaller pores.

Other glues with higher viscosity that I have tried would be DHS 15 which I believe would be consider Medium viscosity. So is more easier to be affected by the environment and temps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manto76 and lodro
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I’ve used Revo 3 in normal and medium viscosity, found both to be good.
Yesterday I glued and cut a sheet of Haifu Whale 2, which comes with a thick glue layer already on the sponge, factory applied.
After cutting, I peeled the glue off of the unwanted cut rubber, this glue came off the sponge very easily in one piece, similar to how Revo 3 should.
The factory applied glue, you would assume would be Haifu’s own water based glue or a similar Haifu glue. Given how easily it peeled off it would definitely be worth trying the Haifu glue as recommended by Harty in another thread.

Generally, I found that Revo 3 glue remains on the sponge when the rubber is removed from the blade, although occasionally a ‘loose’ splinter can be pulled off the blades top veneer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Thanks All for the feedback - much appreciated!
If I'm understanding correctly, it seems the main thing is just that the thinner glues require more layers whereas the thicker solutions could probably get away with a single layer.
If that's the case I'll probably just stick with the 'Normal' (ie. the thinnest option) which is what I'm used to and find pretty easy to use.
Thanks again!

This user has no status.

Wow! I've never seen that before. Pretty cool!

Yes, you do not have to apply multiple layers.
Apply only one thin layer to the rubber and then press the rubber on the applied glue and you have several layers at once.
Then I apply a booster and stick the rubber on the blade.
The thickness of the layer may vary, but I prefer a recess of 0.4 mm. After evaporation of water from the glue, the layer is of course lower.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
The best handy glue to use

Bakery powder E403, ammonium alginate, was mixed into the liquid latex substance 1 : 100 ratio by volume to enhance viscosity of the Table Tennis white glue.

https://youtu.be/cZMRVOe_MC0

Last edited:
says Rozena! You complete me.
Hi All,Please could someone tell me what the advantages of different glue viscosities are?I see Revolution No.3 comes in three versions: Normal, Medium and High viscosity - what would be the relative advantages/disadvantages of each?I assume each is better suited to particular kind of sponge (ie. small, medium or large pore)? Or perhaps a particular type of wood (ie. soft, medium or hard outer ply)?Many thanks in advance!

I've found my ideal glue in Butterfly Free Chack 2, no hassle, easy to use. Rubber peels of clean and easy from my blade with almost no residue.

This user has no status.

Thanks All for the feedback - much appreciated!
If I'm understanding correctly, it seems the main thing is just that the thinner glues require more layers whereas the thicker solutions could probably get away with a single layer.
If that's the case I'll probably just stick with the 'Normal' (ie. the thinnest option) which is what I'm used to and find pretty easy to use.
Thanks again!

The glue is a very important element of the game properties of rubber, it significantly increases the feeling, the certainty of the blow and the speed of the rubber. With the right choice of glue and its amount - designed specifically for Haifu water-based glue.
This procedure is primarily intended for players who use a booster and have a well-mastered playing technique.
The effect of rubber modified in this way lasts at least 3 months.
There are no unevenness on the rubber as when applying the glue with a sponge.
Apply one coat of adhesive on a rubber blade.
You do not need to apply glue to DHS NEO rubbers because it contains glue from the factory.