Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Aurus prime vs EL-S

    Just wanted to know if I should move up to el-s cuz Aurus prime doesn’t feel so controllable. And is el-s even better than the Aurus prime.

  2. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 92 151
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 151 92
    #2

    I haven't played with Aurus Prime so can't compare directly, but I have played with Tibhar ELS and, in my view, it's one of the easiest, highest control ESN rubbers I've ever used.


  3. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 880 1,251
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,251 880

    User Info Menu

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma
    Just wanted to know if I should move up to el-s cuz Aurus prime doesn’t feel so controllable. And is el-s even better than the Aurus prime.
    It would be a move sideways, from a 47.5 degree sponge rubber with a thin topsheet to enable a thicker sponge (contrary to all other manufacturers, Tibhar made no big MAXXXXX deal of it), with modearte catapult, to a totally different concept with a sponge around 45 degree hardness, a softer topsheet and very different playing characteristics, including more catapult.

    If you find it hard to control Aurus Prime, you might want to think twice.

    The Following User Likes Airoc's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  4. virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 61 265
    virtuososiu's Avatar
    virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 265 61
    #4
    ELS has very good control. go 2.0 if you want to be safe

    I have used 5-6 sheets of ELS, and 1 sheet of Prime

  5. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,771 5,872
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,872 2,771
    #5
    I had both. Aurus Prime is faster. EL-S feels. A bit dull compared to it.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  6. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    Well guys. Would the Aurus Prime be good on Tibhar Akkad? Please leave a reply 🙂

    The Following User Likes Ahma's Post:

    MK73

    Last edited by Ahma; 05-27-2021 at 04:41 AM.

  7. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 880 1,251
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,251 880

    User Info Menu

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma
    Well guys. Would the Aurus Prime be good on Tibhar Akkad? Please leave a reply 🙂
    Without knowing the Akkad in detail, but why shouldn´t it?

    An offensive rubber paired with a 7ply offensive blade, I see no obvious reason why there´d be a problem.

    The Following User Likes Airoc's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  8. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,771 5,872
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,872 2,771
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma
    Well guys. Would the Aurus Prime be good on Tibhar Akkad? Please leave a reply 🙂

    Akkad is stuff and you would expect a fast racket but depends on your skill. Overall, still a good combo. I have also tried the Akkad on a similar rubber.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  9. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    Akkad is stuff and you would expect a fast racket but depends on your skill. Overall, still a good combo. I have also tried the Akkad on a similar rubber.

    Ok. My setup right now is Xiom Offensive S blade with Aurus Prime on both sides max thickness. Im looking to buy a set up with same speed and spin but with more control. Thats why I was looking at el-s.


  10. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 92 151
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 151 92
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma

    Ok. My setup right now is Xiom Offensive S blade with Aurus Prime on both sides max thickness. Im looking to buy a set up with same speed and spin but with more control. Thats why I was looking at el-s.

    The Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade; if you're looking for more control I don't think switching blades to the Tibhar Akkad is going to help you. It is a very good blade, and will obviously feel different to the Xiom Offensive, but it's unlikely to fundamentally solve your control problem.

    If more control is the big thing you're after then stick with Xiom Offensive S and either:


    1. Go with Tibhar ELS both sides (as Yogi rightly said earlier, it is a little bit of a 'dull' rubber, but it does offer superb control); or,
    2. Try a Chinese FH rubber like the (basic) DHS Hurricane Neo 3 (which is very easy to control, pairs brilliantly with the Xiom Offensive S, and is currently less than EUR20 on TT11) and combine with the Tibhar ELS on the backhand, or even Xiom Vega Euro DF.

    The latter option will allow you to try something that might give you everything you're looking for (ie. good speed and spin with high control) for a total outlay of about EUR50-60 (ie. about 20 for the Hurricane and about 30 for the Vega DF or 40 for the ELS).

    That said, you might try the Akkad and just love it. Having a blade that just "feels right" to you will certainly help, but the Akkad isn't inherently a higher control blade than the Offensive S.

    Let us know what you decide on, and how it goes once you've tried your new setup for a while!


  11. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Manto76

    The Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade; if you're looking for more control I don't think switching blades to the Tibhar Akkad is going to help you. It is a very good blade, and will obviously feel different to the Xiom Offensive, but it's unlikely to fundamentally solve your control problem.

    If more control is the big thing you're after then stick with Xiom Offensive S and either:


    1. Go with Tibhar ELS both sides (as Yogi rightly said earlier, it is a little bit of a 'dull' rubber, but it does offer superb control); or,
    2. Try a Chinese FH rubber like the (basic) DHS Hurricane Neo 3 (which is very easy to control, pairs brilliantly with the Xiom Offensive S, and is currently less than EUR20 on TT11) and combine with the Tibhar ELS on the backhand, or even Xiom Vega Euro DF.

    The latter option will allow you to try something that might give you everything you're looking for (ie. good speed and spin with high control) for a total outlay of about EUR50-60 (ie. about 20 for the Hurricane and about 30 for the Vega DF or 40 for the ELS).

    That said, you might try the Akkad and just love it. Having a blade that just "feels right" to you will certainly help, but the Akkad isn't inherently a higher control blade than the Offensive S.

    Let us know what you decide on, and how it goes once you've tried your new setup for a while!

    Do you know any Tibhar blades close to Xiom offensive s?

  12. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,771 5,872
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,872 2,771
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma

    Ok. My setup right now is Xiom Offensive S blade with Aurus Prime on both sides max thickness. Im looking to buy a set up with same speed and spin but with more control. Thats why I was looking at el-s.

    Try another 5 ply blade like Stiga Energy Wood V2, Arctic Wood, Xiom Fuga or SPW(as what others have mentioned)

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  13. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #13
    Well dang, we don’t have any of those blades in Finland. Guess I’ll stick with my setup then.

  14. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 115 286
    L
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 286 115

    User Info Menu

    #14
    You can always order from tabletennis11 in Narva Estonia. They carry a lot stuff. No butterfly though.

    Cheers
    L-zr

  15. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer
    You can always order from tabletennis11 in Narva Estonia. They carry a lot stuff. No butterfly though.

    Cheers
    L-zr

    I like to order from my country bcs the shipping is faster.


  16. kogeh is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 20 30
    K
    kogeh is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 30 20
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma

    I like to order from my country bcs the shipping is faster.

    you get your package from tt11 with dhl express in 2-3 work days in europe.


  17. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #17
    Here’s the store where I have bought my rackets: https://mn-pingis.fi/

  18. MK73 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 75
    MK73's Avatar
    MK73 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 75 56
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma
    Here’s the store where I have bought my rackets: https://mn-pingis.fi/

    Ahma, you will probably find an online shop in Finland that sells Stratus Power Wood and also the Stiga blades Yogi suggested. Maybe you can ask your coach or your parents for help. The SPW is one of the most popular Tibhar blades and sold everywhere. I think the EL-S rubbers are a good idea if you want to have more control. It's fun playing with them, they are very spinny. I have tried a sheet on my backhand.

    Last edited by MK73; 05-27-2021 at 05:23 PM.

  19. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 157
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 157 31

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    157
    31
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MK73

    Ahma, you will probably find an online shop in Finland that sells Stratus Power Wood and also the Stiga blades Yogi suggested. Maybe you can ask your coach or your parents for help. The SPW is one of the most popular Tibhar blades and sold everywhere. I think the EL-S rubbers are a good idea if you want to have more control. It's fun playing with them, they are very spinny. I have tried a sheet on my backhand.

    I think I’ll go for the Akkad and el-s combo. I think it will be a little slower but with more spin and control. 🙂


  20. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,771 5,872
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,872 2,771
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahma

    I think I’ll go for the Akkad and el-s combo. I think it will be a little slower but with more spin and control. 🙂

    The Akkad with ELS is not slower than Offensive S with ELS.

    Last edited by yogi_bear; 05-28-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.