Aurus prime vs EL-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Just wanted to know if I should move up to el-s cuz Aurus prime doesn’t feel so controllable. And is el-s even better than the Aurus prime.
It would be a move sideways, from a 47.5 degree sponge rubber with a thin topsheet to enable a thicker sponge (contrary to all other manufacturers, Tibhar made no big MAXXXXX deal of it), with modearte catapult, to a totally different concept with a sponge around 45 degree hardness, a softer topsheet and very different playing characteristics, including more catapult.

If you find it hard to control Aurus Prime, you might want to think twice.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Well guys. Would the Aurus Prime be good on Tibhar Akkad? Please leave a reply 🙂

Akkad is stuff and you would expect a fast racket but depends on your skill. Overall, still a good combo. I have also tried the Akkad on a similar rubber.

This user has no status.

Akkad is stuff and you would expect a fast racket but depends on your skill. Overall, still a good combo. I have also tried the Akkad on a similar rubber.

Ok. My setup right now is Xiom Offensive S blade with Aurus Prime on both sides max thickness. Im looking to buy a set up with same speed and spin but with more control. Thats why I was looking at el-s.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Ok. My setup right now is Xiom Offensive S blade with Aurus Prime on both sides max thickness. Im looking to buy a set up with same speed and spin but with more control. Thats why I was looking at el-s.

The Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade; if you're looking for more control I don't think switching blades to the Tibhar Akkad is going to help you. It is a very good blade, and will obviously feel different to the Xiom Offensive, but it's unlikely to fundamentally solve your control problem.

If more control is the big thing you're after then stick with Xiom Offensive S and either:

1. Go with Tibhar ELS both sides (as Yogi rightly said earlier, it is a little bit of a 'dull' rubber, but it does offer superb control); or,
  2. Try a Chinese FH rubber like the (basic) DHS Hurricane Neo 3 (which is very easy to control, pairs brilliantly with the Xiom Offensive S, and is currently less than EUR20 on TT11) and combine with the Tibhar ELS on the backhand, or even Xiom Vega Euro DF.

The latter option will allow you to try something that might give you everything you're looking for (ie. good speed and spin with high control) for a total outlay of about EUR50-60 (ie. about 20 for the Hurricane and about 30 for the Vega DF or 40 for the ELS).

That said, you might try the Akkad and just love it. Having a blade that just "feels right" to you will certainly help, but the Akkad isn't inherently a higher control blade than the Offensive S.

Let us know what you decide on, and how it goes once you've tried your new setup for a while!

This user has no status.

The Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade; if you're looking for more control I don't think switching blades to the Tibhar Akkad is going to help you. It is a very good blade, and will obviously feel different to the Xiom Offensive, but it's unlikely to fundamentally solve your control problem.

If more control is the big thing you're after then stick with Xiom Offensive S and either:

1. Go with Tibhar ELS both sides (as Yogi rightly said earlier, it is a little bit of a 'dull' rubber, but it does offer superb control); or,
  2. Try a Chinese FH rubber like the (basic) DHS Hurricane Neo 3 (which is very easy to control, pairs brilliantly with the Xiom Offensive S, and is currently less than EUR20 on TT11) and combine with the Tibhar ELS on the backhand, or even Xiom Vega Euro DF.

The latter option will allow you to try something that might give you everything you're looking for (ie. good speed and spin with high control) for a total outlay of about EUR50-60 (ie. about 20 for the Hurricane and about 30 for the Vega DF or 40 for the ELS).

That said, you might try the Akkad and just love it. Having a blade that just "feels right" to you will certainly help, but the Akkad isn't inherently a higher control blade than the Offensive S.

Let us know what you decide on, and how it goes once you've tried your new setup for a while!

Do you know any Tibhar blades close to Xiom offensive s?

Try another 5 ply blade like Stiga Energy Wood V2, Arctic Wood, Xiom Fuga or SPW(as what others have mentioned)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
Here’s the store where I have bought my rackets: https://mn-pingis.fi/

Ahma, you will probably find an online shop in Finland that sells Stratus Power Wood and also the Stiga blades Yogi suggested. Maybe you can ask your coach or your parents for help. The SPW is one of the most popular Tibhar blades and sold everywhere. I think the EL-S rubbers are a good idea if you want to have more control. It's fun playing with them, they are very spinny. I have tried a sheet on my backhand.

Last edited: