Do butterfly still make the best composite blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Are butterfly still no. 1 in making composite blades in terms of performance or have other brands (xiom, stiga...) catched up with their recent releases in the past few years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Butterfly still make really good quality blades; but they're certainly not alone in that. All the mainstream brands make blades - depending on the specific model - as good as Butterfly. And in some cases at much better prices.

And then of course there are the 'artisan' or 'custom' blade makers, whose blades are at least as good as - if not better than - the main commercial brands. In this category you should look at OSP, Vodak, Red+Black, SDC, BBC, Nate, Soulspin, and other custom makers on this site.

If you have a specific Butterfly model in mind then folks on this site can tell you how the equivalent models of other brands compare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bz26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
BTY blades have the biggest resale value.
Someone could sell an old banged up, sweaty, grimy Amultart and it's still gonna find buyers.
Hell someone post pictures shoving the Amultart handle up their pipe and guys would still be willing to give their left nut for it.

Reactions: Bz26
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
BTY blades have the biggest resale value.
Someone could sell an old banged up, sweaty, grimy Amultart and it's still gonna find buyers.
Hell someone post pictures shoving the Amultart handle up their pipe and guys would still be willing to give their left nut for it.

Pretty much agree on this one. I've seen old tag viscaria offered at approx. USD400

Butterfly blade equals investment as my observation goes around. People buy it mostly says 'better sale value when I want to sell it' 😂😂😂